Classic Star Trek Series 3

Reaction score
Nope, I love Star Trek just as much as Star Wars
Cool looking figures, though I don't collect them.

Reaction score
You're definitely not the only huge nerd here. I'd say at least half of us fall into that category with the other half having attained at least minor nerd status.

I wish I could get into some of these other figure lines--those ST figs look great and I'm not even that big a fan of TOS. If I had unlimited funds to collect--my apartment would be filled with Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, Simpsons and Muppets. Now I am a huge nerd.

Reaction score
You should collect them. There are only two waves out so far and the only one that is rare is Uhura (goes for about 30-40 dollars). The rest can be found at really low prices.

Reaction score
Ooooh...

Salt Vampire!
Kor!!
Gorn!!!
Green HOT CHICK!!!!

Man, Art Asylum's doing classic Trek its just due!

Reaction score
The slave girl is one of the most iconic Trek characters. She was in every one of the end credits.
I agree that it is about time we Classic Trek fans get the goods. Now all I want is a bridge playset complete with the captains chair that was cancelled.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who still cannot find Uhura from Series 1?

And how COOL is Kor? John Colicos lives again! Yeah, these are ridiculously cool.

Reaction score
I should have. I can't find her anywhere, not even on ebay. Is there a site you use to track Trek news?

Reaction score
Bad news concerning Wave 3. Apparently the Salt Vampire figure is being held back due to retooling. Dammit, it's like the coolest one too!

Also, the Captain Kirk figure in this wave is now going to be a "Battle-Damaged" gold tunic one based on the Arena episode.

Read about it here...
http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=12&itemid=4717

Some great pics of the Gorn, Kor and Orion Slave girl. They look perfect!

Reaction score
oh darn.
Oh well. At least they aren't saying it's completely hopeless. That is the best figure of the line!

Reaction score
Bah! I'm sick of seeing bad news for these stellar figures! Damn Art Asylum!

To quote Spock, "Pain! PAIN!"

Reaction score
Invisible_Hand said:
I was hoping for a little something more with the battle damaged Kirk. A slit through the shirt or something. I like the wave though.
Technically, that battle damaged Kirk looks about right from the Arena episode. I don't believe his shirt got ripped during his battle with the Gorn.

Strictly from a fan-boy perspective though, I agree, the slitted tunic from his battle with Spock in Amok Time would have made a better figure.

Reaction score
Or even his ripped sleeve from Miri or Shore Leave.

Ah well.

I gotta say, my favorite of the wave has got to be Kor. They got Colicos' face exactly right.

Reaction score
At least these are easily customizable, with the rubber shirts and all.
Not that I would do it.

Speaking of Amok Time, I would like to see some more Vulcans in future waves. I would also like Kirk and Spock from "The City on the Edge of Forever". What other character figures would you guys like to see?

Reaction score
I want to see:

The Romulan Commander (Balance of Terror) and Sarek (Journey to Babel)--these would be easy enough given that they'd use the same head. Give the Rommie a helmet, maybe, to make up for it?

A Rommie centurion (definitely with the bird helmet, from Balance of Terror)

Kang (Day of the Dove)

Mr. Kyle (or other generic crewman with the jumpsuits - various episodes)

Trelane / Koloth (same as Sarek given the head, except for the addition of a little goatee to Koloth)

Ruk, Andrea (from What are Little Girls Made of?)

Mugato, Tiree (A Private Little War)

Galt (Gamesters of Triskelion)
Shaana (Gamesters)
Kirk (Gamesters)
(each of these three could come with one of the Providers)

Commodore Decker (with jowls and disheveled outfit!)

Gary Seven, Roberta Lincoln (Assignment: Earth)

Korob and Sylvia (Catspaw)

Captain Tracey/Dr. Van Gelder

Captain Pike
Number One
Gary Mitchell

The list goes on and on! There are of course "episode variants" of the main crew, like the main crew from Spectre of the Gun, with gunbelts and third-season hairdos...or Spock from "Spock's Brain," or Nazi Kirk/Spock/McCoy from "Patterns of Force", etc.

Reaction score
Imrahil2001 said:
I want to see...
That's quite an impressive list Imrahil, glad to see another Classic Trek fan in the forums here.
I'd love to see the TOS line expand like this too. Art Asylum has done these figures justice.

Here are my strange wants:

- NOMAD from The Changeling
- Abe Lincoln from The Savage Curtain
- Apollo from Who Mourns for Adonais?
- Gangster Kirk and Spock from A Piece of the Action
- Charlie Evans from Charlie X
- Disfigured and wheelchair-bound Capt. Pike from The Menagerie
- Bele and Lokai from Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
- Evil Kirk from The Enemy Within, complete with heavy eyeliner!

Reaction score
I forgot about Charlie! That's a definite! Charlie X was a great episode. I liked how Kirk tried to explain why slapping a womans butt is inapropriate.

Captain Pike would also be interesting. That face is unmistakable with the open mouth. They once parodied it on Futurama.

Apollo is a good idea also, but would he come in large size or regular human size? I would also want his throne complete with phaser damage effects!!!

Nomad is a good idea also. Not sure about ol' Abe Lincoln though.

Reaction score
I like the idea of having both Pikes, for sure. It'd also be cool to get another Talosian, though I thought Playmates did do a pretty good job with both their Talosian and their Vina.

One thing I forgot to say was that A "Journey to Babel" wave would be fantastic--I mentioned Sarek, but it'd be really cool to also get Gav (Tellarite) and Thelev (Andorian) figures.

Reaction score
i really enjoy this line and hope art asylum will continue it for years to come. i like all the characters you all have in your lists. i just hope they concentrate on the villians and aliens more than "this version" of kirk or "that version" of spock. i think it would be cool for them to make a figure of a red shirt crew member as a convention exclusive. you know the guy who always gets killed as part of the landing party. and as a final note, since they did "mirror, mirror" versions so far for kirk, spock, and scotty they have to finish the other characters, sulu, uhura, and so on.

Reaction score
They could do "Crewman Johnson," I think he was a redshirt who died on several occasions. You gotta love reusing actors for background characters.

Reaction score
that would be cool. i also forgot to mention, i know playmates did them, but nurse chapel and youman rand are definate musts!!

Reaction score
I'd like to see them do more Enterprise aliens. Like Bobbi Sue Luther as the orion slave girl. Rrowr.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I'm digging up a ten-year old thread here, but I'm indulging in some ST nostalgia & was wondering if anyone knew anything about this:

About ten years ago, there was an announcement that Art Asylum was going to produce a Salt Vampire action figure from the Classic ST series - there were even some great pictures posted online of this figure. My favorite episodes in the original series were the ones with the interesting aliens (though they were few & far between), and this SV was definitely one of the better ones. However, unfortunately the figure did get cancelled: once by AA back in the early 200X's, and then again by DST in 2009-ish:

Trek Nostalgia: DST Salt Vampire Figure Cancelled...

My question is this: since then, did any other toy company ever pick up the ball & produce this Salt Vampire from this sculpt, or one like this? I know about the Mego retro Salt Vampire figure w/Captain Pike...

In any case, I doubt this figure has been done, but was just checking - Thanks in advance for any info. on this.

EDIT: I just realized that this thread should be in the "TV collectibles" section, not "Wuher's Cantina" - if a mod could kindly move this thread to that area, it would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
salt vampire was never released. Neither was short sleeved McCoy or rand and chapel.....

but definitely a great line.

Reaction score
Man I loved this line. I built a balsa wood shuttle craft and started a bridge several times

Reaction score
salt vampire was never released. Neither was short sleeved McCoy or rand and chapel.....
Thanks for the info. - I didn't think so, but it's nice to get clarification. It's too bad that some of the best toys never go beyond the production stage...

Reaction score
The cancellation of these figures was so terrible to a fan of me of the original series

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow these are from Toy Fair 2009. It's hard to believe is been six years already.