Cinemaquette Darth Vader

Reaction score
Other than Shaw portrait, which looks meh, this is the best Vader statue ever made and it is also really huge at 1:3 scale. I need to start saving.

Reaction score
Really want to see them charge $2000 for this. And then there is no telling what the final item might look like as this company is HORRIBLE at keeping fans up to date.

Reaction score
The prices on CM's are usually close or above $2000. No matter how good this looks is not worth $2000. For that price you can get a cool 1:1 Vader suit (even if adding some $ more), and the word goes that the 1:1 Museum Replicas Stormtrooper armor will be close to $2000, that is 1:1, not 1:3 like CM

Reaction score
I absolutely need this in my collection. the efx ANH vader helmet will unfortunately no longer be possible for me.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I absolutely need this in my collection. the efx ANH vader helmet will unfortunately no longer be possible for me.
I feel the same way right now. It helps that I already own a few CM pieces like the Predator.

Reaction score
It looks fantastic, but Cinemaquettes are way overpriced IMO. I wonder how they got the license to make this when Sideshow has rights to mixed media statues already?

Reaction score
The_Chosen_1 said:
It looks fantastic, but Cinemaquettes are way overpriced IMO. I wonder how they got the license to make this when Sideshow has rights to mixed media statues already?
I guess it is all about scale, CM are going 1/3, SS are going 1/4. And lots of money into Lucas hands of course

Reaction score
Looks amazing, though the Sebastian Shaw head leaves a bit to be desired IMO. I'll wait to see what the price is on this. If it's 2k it's alot and whilst it is a different scale, is it really that much better than a Sideshow PF? Unlikely. I need the EFX helmet more than this statue. Decisions decisions ......

Reaction score
I never did get a chance to go to George's office, but yes this is the Vader he had for at least 18 mos....or so.

I like it -- a couple of nitpicks, like the lack of pleating in the tunic and not crazy about the open mouth - but it's different...good enough for me =)
price is sky high though!

Reaction score
Wow, nice to finally see some photos. This has been rumoured on these boards for months now.

It's very nice, but 2K's well out of my pocket.

Reaction score
Just had a look to see what Indy was going for at UK stores. RRP was £1300 and FP sold it for £1k. So hopefully we won't get conned with a $1 - £1 exchange rate which tends to be the case with most lines these days.

I'm starting to save now, but whether I end up getting one or not remains to be seen. As I said earlier the EFX ANH helmet has priority over this. Hopefully there will be a significant gap to release between EFX and Cinemaquette.

Reaction score
eFX is notorious for being late. Their TIE Fighters look slightly ahead of what they showed 1 year ago at SDCC.

This CM release may be another 7-10 months away. Easy.

Reaction score
No scaled statue will be as impressive as the 1:1 version. Museum Replicas will make the full Stormtrooper armor 1:1 and it seems the price will be around $2000. Then Vader might come and price will be there too.

Not to talk about building a Vader yourself and maybe even getting it lower than $2000. Armored characters where a face sculpt is not necessary, are easier to make in 1:1 scale, and cheaper than characters with face sculpts IMO.

Reaction score
Its a very cool piece, but IMO not worth the price its going to command...the most impressive Vader piece are those efx helmets...and for the price of this cinemaquette I rather buy bought clean and hand painted version of the helmets....
Actually the best cinemaquette is the Reeve Superman...I know my wife would love that one.

Reaction score
I am of the same mind.....I would rather have a 1:1 piece standing in my house than this.....Mind you, a good 1:1 will run you about 5K, but it would be worth extra scratch!

Reaction score
For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate to the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

Reaction score
thank you for the insight Gino.

I will still be purchasing this if it is around $2k. as for 1:1, most I have seen are less than impressive unless you are willing to fork over $4-5k.

Reaction score
gino said:
For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate to the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

BTW if you look really carefully The belt on the "screen used pic" has multi colored buttons...if you notice...kinda reminds me of the suit used for the SITH VANITY FAIR COVER http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01154 -- has multi colored buttons also but not quite

codpiece is pretty apparent - as the codpiece of the life size michael burnett looks like this too...
The gloves do no have the same flair as the promo suit but the pattern also does not match the screen used gloves...
The chest piece is undersized for sure and lacks the nice little s-curve on both sides but also neither matches the promo nor the screen used and also the shoulder bells do not match the gunmetal on the promo...
the domw sits a little high - not enough to bug me as the skirt of the dome appears higher in some scenes - hoth or example.

there are no pleats present on the tunic, and the belt boxes do not have the 1/8" wide "cover" edge ...
boot cut is different

cape's collar is twice the width it should be
etc etc

what I like is that at a glance the vader looks convincing...I understand it is a mix of various kinds -
not one particular one - but they wanted to incorporate the features of once ultimate vader. --

I'll probably get this for sure, but not before pointing out a few few things to George (at cinemaquette)-- I'm sure they'd appreciate the pointers -- they like accuracy too but I'm sure there're a lot of little costs involved that'd probably factor in -- they better listen - for 2,ooo they'd better...=)

they use what they can for reference - no they wouldn't be able to tell the difference bet the promo and the actual suit - down to the many don post helmets that were used for such purposes

Reaction score
Gino, please what kind of 1:1 Vader suit you can get for $2000? Could you get a good one or just a bad one? Thanks

Reaction score
Hey Sergiu,
You would get a really bad one for that price.
Most of the really good stuff isn't even available to purchase as it is kept amongst serious prop collectors.

Reaction score
This is way too rich for my blood, but does the bespin background also come with this statue?

Reaction score
gino said:
Hey Sergiu,
You would get a really bad one for that price.
Most of the really good stuff isn't even available to purchase as it is kept amongst serious prop collectors.

Thanks Gino. That means I could save that money for a 1:1 Stormie armor (and not MRL version).

Rodders said:
This is way too rich for my blood, but does the bespin background also come with this statue?
Not sure if any of the CM's ever came with backgrounds before, they have detailed and elaborated bases but didn't hear of backgrounds

Reaction score
Personally, I can't display a 1:1 Vader anywhere in my home. I don't know what percentage of collectors are into full size manequins dressed in full size screen accurate gear, but I can say that in order for that display to work (IMO) you NEED the space. I have seen collector pics trying to cram a 1:1 statue in their 2 bedroom apartment just overpowering everything else in the room in their small space. That just doesn't appeal to me at all regardless of the economics of "what can I get for my $2,000 instead" rationalization.

I rather take the Cinemaquette, display it in a corner in my living room on a pedestal with a nice print by it's side. It makes for a more understated and classy display and less in your face statement for those of us that do not have 2-3 rooms to display all our collectibles. That's just me though.

Regarding the inaccuracies, well, I have the luxury of not being too anal retentive about this stuff.

Reaction score
Until now the only Cinemaquette piece I'd like to own would be the Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton. But even that would be surpassed by the SS 1:2 version and of course by the any of the 1:1 versions. The CM Endo has a very effeminate pose, which even if is somehow movie accurate, is still weird for a killing machine. If having the money to get a 1:1 Endo or 1:1 Stormtrooper, then I'll surely have a place for them in my new house...

Reaction score
so he's up for order. I was tempted, but the pose kills it for me. I am also not a fan of the anakin sculpt.

Reaction score
I like this but 2K's well out of my price range.

How good is the silicone skin up close?

Reaction score
ambasah said:
so he's up for order. I was tempted, but the pose kills it for me. I am also not a fan of the anakin sculpt.
The pose is horrible. The price is just down right funny compared with all the other pieces out there.

Reaction score
Wow....I forgot all about this entire line. What a disappointment in general....especially for the money! I was all in for an Indy until I saw the awful face sculpt! Yuck!

Reaction score
I'd rather save $3000 or even more and get a life-size Vader or trooper, than pay over $2000 and have a 1:3 statue, no matter how cool it is. A 1:1 item will always be more impressive than any scaled statue, mini-bust, figure, or even prop replica or helmet by its own. The only thing that goes closer to 1:1 armor on mannequin IMO, is a studio scale ship or vehicle like the MR Falcon or AT-AT which are very impressive by their sheer size and design. All others are very cool, but far from being that impressive. And this CM in particular is even less impressive than CM Predator or Endo.

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
I'd rather save $3000 or even more and get a life-size Vader or trooper, than pay over $2000 and have a 1:3 statue, no matter how cool it is. A 1:1 item will always be more impressive than any scaled statue, mini-bust, figure, or even prop replica or helmet by its own. The only thing that goes closer to 1:1 armor on mannequin IMO, is a studio scale ship or vehicle like the MR Falcon or AT-AT which are very impressive by their sheer size and design. All others are very cool, but far from being that impressive. And this CM in particular is even less impressive than CM Predator or Endo.
I dunno, I like it -- of course I'm Vader collector and I already have a lifezsize --- my gripe is the lower leg position - its weird,
but I like it overall, the face is the most accurate sculpt next to any molded helmet -- this is the first scan to truly capture Vader -- even GG scans are way waaaay off -- too much tweaking due to (according to them) LFL's requests (bs)--
The CM is a scan with the correct s-curve in his left cheek and the right proportions - except the dome- but it doesn't bother me cuz it kinda bridges the gap between the pt and ot a bit...

-- I love the predator and it is impressive, but even the sculptor said, he sculpted it the way he wanted to originally (flatter head like p2) than screen accurate so I'm not inclined to go back and get that one so much.

As a Vader collector I've ordered this. Couldn't pass up. Nothing is perfect in my collection and I'd change little things here and there from each but that's were they each have something great to contribute to the whole ensemble!

I'm still gonna try and get that leg straightened tho =P