Cinemachines - Diecast SciFi movie collectibles

Reaction score
Konami never made a derelict, that's why I'm so happy NECA did, the MM was the only one I had until this year. It would be great if Konami did more ships from the alien universe (Prometheus!) but I'm doubting it. Hopefully the Cinemachines line is healthy and continues, I haven't been to TRU since I bought mine, so I'm not sure how well they are selling.

Reaction score
I'm skipping Series 2, but I hope the line survives to see the other previewed ships see a release. Last time I was at TRU, I noticed that only the dropship sold out, the others from Series 1 were readily available. I'm thinking the pricepoint may deter some collectors. They should get it closer to $20 so they move off the shelves.

Reaction score
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to grab the Dropship from series 1! I think I'd skip series 2, especially with Ben saying EM is looking at the Aliens franchise.

Reaction score
Damn, nothing Alien related in the 3rd wave? Each wave is getting smaller - went from 4 to 3 and now down to only 2 items in this wave...

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet in the UK are advertising the HK Tank at £55 GBP. I hope that's an error :(

Reaction score
I have the Cheyenne Dropship arriving in a few days with some other goodies and I just pre-ordered the Aerial Hunter-Killer.

I really want the Sulaco too.

Reaction score
Series 2 is now available on the TRU website, not buying them myself, but thought some of you guys might be interested. They haven't shown up at retail yet as far as I am aware.

Reaction score
Well criminy, Series 3 (HK tank, Aerial HK) was supposed to be out at the end of April and Series 2 has been out for ages. Not so far-fetched, mate! :)

Reaction score
The aerial does look nice, but $25 plus $11 in shipping - ouch. These models need to run $20 and be at retail - because $36 for one online just isn't going to fly for most people buying these.

Where are the rest of the previewed ships from the Alien universe?

Reaction score
The aerial does look nice, but $25 plus $11 in shipping - ouch. These models need to run $20 and be at retail - because $36 for one online just isn't going to fly for most people buying these.
TRU has free shipping for orders over $29

Reaction score
I know, I was referring to the direct from NECA ebay link - they charge far too much. Likewise, NECA doesn't even allow TRU coupons to be used for their products, so theres no getting around the prices, which I think will just result in diminished sales.

Reaction score
Shockingly spotted the Aerial HK at TRU, though I've never even seen wave 2 at retail. They were tossed on the shelf without a price sticker. The ship looks cool, very tempting, but I'm not into Terminator nearly as much as the Alien universe, so I left them. I'm hoping wave 4 includes the last three Alien ships / vehicles that were previewed. Any word on how Blade Runner will fit into this line?

Reaction score
The release dated for the Spinner is touted at December DS, and as for Waves, I suspect it was a late entry to ride on the back of the film. I think if it was part of Wave 4 with other Alien ships there'd be some publicity by now. We can only hope

Reaction score
So Neca are off down the Hotwheels route with this packaging :)

I wonder if they'll be tempted to move in on their territory ?
Looks pretty good, wonder why we don't have an MSRP yet? I hope the price on the small spinner isn't too offensive, considering HW can release them for $1-5... I read on the NECA website that these are shipping Oct 17th now, perhaps we'll see them in stores by the end of the month.

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet in the UK have them up for £12.99 so expect them to be cheaper than that elsewhere DS

Reaction score
That's not horrible, I figured it would be around $10, and the full sized (6 inch) at $25 like the others from the line. Having just seen the movie today, I'm game for the small version at least. The larger version will hopefully come with some special features (probe?) to make it worth the purchase. I hope they have the license for the classic Blade Runner as well, because I'd like a small Police Spinner. I know a company made a multipack in the 80s, but I'm not keen on the movie logos printed on the cars.

Reaction score
That's not horrible, I figured it would be around $10, and the full sized (6 inch) at $25 like the others from the line. Having just seen the movie today, I'm game for the small version at least. The larger version will hopefully come with some special features (probe?) to make it worth the purchase. I hope they have the license for the classic Blade Runner as well, because I'd like a small Police Spinner. I know a company made a multipack in the 80s, but I'm not keen on the movie logos printed on the cars.
Yep, I'll pay $11, too. Half-****d or not, I'm gonna have a hard time resisting the $30 one, too.
I've got a few of those ERTL diecasts (and the improved JL knockoff of the Alfa Romeo) : they're cool but honestly not worth big bucks. Deckard's groundcar is probably the best of the lot. Haven't heard if NECA's doing stuff from the original film but I'd love it if they did. Licensing for that movie has always been a nightmare.

Saw the new film on Friday, loved it! Could've used a tighter edit but it was wonderful to see great science fiction on the screen... and no folks in tights and capes. Pure eye candy, fascinating stuff, love that future noir. :)

Reaction score
According to NECA, the small spinner shipped this week, though I couldn't find it at retail. A local TRU ordered one from the website for me and removed the shipping charge. I should hopefully have it this week - I'll snap a photo when it arrives.

Reaction score
The small Spinner arrived from TRU today, here are comparison shots with the "Galactic Cruiser" by Johnny Lightning, which is a repaint of the original Rachel's Spinner.

Scale seems about right, as the new Spinner appeared a bit smaller in the film. The detail and deco are good - just not crazy about the windows, cant tell if they are decals or painted. Only movement is in the wheels - no opening doors, etc. I don't see how its described as diecast metal, as its appears to be plastic, though there is a weight or something in the center. Overall its a nice piece, but $10 is higher than it should be, considering Hot Wheels does the same scale for $1. I'd say with the added deco and detail, these should run closer to $5. Its certainly a cool collectible for the movie though, and it seems NECA is the only company with a license to produce anything, so I recommend picking one up. A larger scale version (6 inch) is also slated for release, but at $30, that will be a hard sell if its no different than the small version.

BTW, I have a couple extra MOC Galactic Cruisers by Johnny Lightning if someone is looking.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the larger Spinner for my Blade Runner shelf...It wouldn't look too bad paired with the license plate prop.

Reaction score
Hi Peeps! :) Long time no post for me (life's been unrelentingly full and busy the past few months!) but today I picked up my first Cinemachines purchase: the T2 Hunter Killer Aerial!!!

Purchased from EB Games Wellington, for $57.00 (NZD). Bit of an early Christmas pressie to myself, and something of a decadent spend (considering the price!) - but I'm well-pleased with the acquisition! :) It's a fantastic diecast vehicle I just say: the chrome detailing and weathering is amazing, and overall, has been sculpted to a very high standard.

My only small gripe would be the non-rotating VTOL engines (more of a want-to-have wishlist item, than a must-have) - otherwise, it's a total win, IMO. The piece that does move (the under-slung cannon) is extremely well-constructed (rotating ball-jointed cannon on a fold down arm).

Overall, I'd highly recommend this particular Cinemachines diecast! :)