Chirrut Imwe

GNT

Reaction score
***Please be aware this thread may contain information relating to the Star Wars Rogue One movie, if your avoiding spoilers please leave this thread or read on at your own risk***

Not sure how a figure of a blind man will sell but Chirrut does have some interesting scenes as he does take on some Stormtroopers with his bo. Should be interesting to see this figure when Hasbro makes him.

Info via Ew:
Donnie Yen’s blind warrior believes in the Force, even if he isn’t necessarily sensitive to it. One goal of Rogue One is to step away from the Jedi and Sith to explore the heroism of ordinary people. “The Jedi are pretty much extinct,” says Edwards. “It’s up to normal, everyday people to take a stand to stop evil from dominating the world.”

Who's up for possibly seeing Chirrut Imwe in figure form?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is when SA would be nice to put him in various poses with his whooping stick. I will just wait for the 6-inch version of the character. If they make it.

Reaction score
The 6'' version seems more likely that the 3.75" version, as that's the line they are pushing.

If made in the 3.75" SA line, I will definitely buy him! Otherwise no. I've strayed enough already into the other lines due to not getting something in the line I actually want.
So I've decided to stop that, or I'm just feeding the machine that isn't geared towards me...

Reaction score
If they make this guy, I really can't wait to see if Hasbro can get the eye right.;)

Reaction score
At least this is one figure where they can stop at teh white part, not worrying about color or if it's centered right.

Reaction score
The 6'' version seems more likely that the 3.75" version, as that's the line they are pushing.

If made in the 3.75" SA line, I will definitely buy him!
The way he's showcased in the trailers, the best way they might pack him for 3.75" line, might be as a Chirrut vs. Storm Trooper two-pack.
With a nice backdrob of Jedha.

Reaction score
With the addition of this character, you can tell that Disney is trying really hard to make Chinese filmgoers actually care about Star Wars. Going off of ticket sales alone, it's never been a popular franchise over there at all.

Anyways, that being said, I still find this character to be the most interesting of all the human heroes in the film. So I might end up buying him; but I'm really only interested in a 5POA version.

Reaction score
Really want this figure, a nice Black Series 6" version would be welcomed. Just a matter of time. Probably be in wave 2.

Reaction score
Does it bug anyone else that this guy is supposed to be blind, but he is looking directly at the camera? I really hope we don't see this kind of thing in the film itself (staring at characters directly while talking to them instead of staring blankly in a random direction) otherwise he won't be a convincing blind character.

Reaction score
That's just a promo pic anyways, so it kind of has to be that way. Even blind people can look in a certain direction, if directed to. "Sound"

I doubt we'll be seeing this kind of stare-down in the movie.

Reaction score
I looked at a link this morning of a 'behind the scenes' making of that animated short that was released this morning; this picture is from that.
Three and three-quarter or the 6' Disney die-cast????

Reaction score
The first pic is 3 3/4" 5 POA figure...look at the crotch area (sorry, didn't know how else to put that).

Reaction score
Or the arms will give it away. I don't have to look at the crotch to know what i'm dealing with. lol
:p

Reaction score
Well, originally I planned on just getting the Stormies from this line and skipping the rest, but darn it, I want em all now!! All look great and can't wait to add them to my collection.

Reaction score
Wonder if you can put the head on a GI Joe Blind Master fig from a couple years ago. Outfit is similar.
Probably could, with some minor tweaks. And I likely will if Hasbro doesn't make an SA version. That's one reason I stockpile fodder. :grin:

Reaction score
Well, originally I planned on just getting the Stormies from this line and skipping the rest, but darn it, I want em all now!! All look great and can't wait to add them to my collection.
It pains me to admit it, but Hasbro knocked the 5 POA out of the park with this line (and TFA to be honest). The sculpts and paint apps are nice, and they fit in nicely with my other 3.75" figures, limited as they may be where articulation is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Probably could, with some minor tweaks. And I likely will if Hasbro doesn't make an SA version. That's one reason I stockpile fodder. :grin:
This is the kind of costume that Hasbro makes look really poor in SA with soft goods. They would do a weird half and half soft goods and it looks awful. Or worse, a big bulky full soft goods. IMO this method is the best way to go.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make and for what figure. I never mentioned SG's.
And Hasbro has pulled off SA figures with long coats before, so i don't see why 5POA is the best (way to go) they can offer.

Reaction score
This is the kind of costume that Hasbro makes look really poor in SA with soft goods. They would do a weird half and half soft goods and it looks awful. Or worse, a big bulky full soft goods. IMO this method is the best way to go.
Have you seen the Joe figure they're talking about? It's a really great sculpt - no soft goods whatsoever.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make and for what figure. I never mentioned SG's.
And Hasbro has pulled off SA figures with long coats before, so i don't see why 5POA is the best (way to go) they can offer.
we are talking about Chirrut. I am just saying if it was SA, it would need soft goods, and I usually don't like soft goods personally because they scale poorly on 4" figures. Yeah they have pulled off soft goods before, but IMO it's usually not a good look. 5POA is highly devisive and I am not trying to persuade anyone, but I like its simplicity.

Reaction score
we are talking about Chirrut. I am just saying if it was SA, it would need soft goods, and I usually don't like soft goods personally because they scale poorly on 4" figures. Yeah they have pulled off soft goods before, but IMO it's usually not a good look. 5POA is highly devisive and I am not trying to persuade anyone, but I like its simplicity.
You're right about the leg articulation probably requiring soft goods because they can't sculpt the clothing in plastic and make it articulate at the same time.

Although imagine if they used this sculpt with ball-jointed elbows and swivel wrists. While the leg pose would be static, it would still allow for a great range of poses with the staff using the articulation in the shoulders, elbows and wrists. Two-handed staff poses etc. This doesn't require soft goods.

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait an see what Hasbro does, or if they do it. And go from there. Most likely it will require some tweaks.

Reaction score
Too bad it looks like a 70 year old Donnie Yen, instead of his actual age though.

I'm not sure, but I hope the harness is removable. Otherwise I'll have to make one from scratch.

Reaction score

In-hand figure review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5MzcwgYJ8

Looks good they captured Yen's likeness, and conveyed the blindness well with the white glaze over the pupils.
Plus all the detail on the costume/gear and staff is terrific!
Just which instead of the junk accessory they had actually include his legit weapon.