Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Reaction score
I have very few photos of my childhood Star Wars stuff.Those pictures really reminded me of my Chrstmas's of long ago.I remember when I was 4 or 5 and got the Vader TIE fighter.I loved that thing.

Reaction score
Me about 1978 in my Dads custom van(it was the 70's) waiting to pick up my brother at school
[image]
[/image]

Reaction score
Wow,

This is my favorite picture, so nostalgic, for some reason reminds me Elliot in the movie E.T

Reaction score
MexicanToys said:
Wow,

This is my favorite picture, so nostalgic, for some reason reminds me Elliot in the movie E.T

this picture is so cool just how it was taken real

Reaction score
Snowbi_Wan said:
darth_outlaw said:
What is that??
It was a LP put out by Peter Pan records. It had some crazy art work on the front with 3 songs from SW including the Imperial march, Darth Vader's theme and Yoda's theme. Side 2 was Close Encounters main theme, Star Wars main theme and 2001's main theme. Still have it framed on the wall.

Reaction score
Wow, that album cover in the last two posts is craaaaazie!

To celebrate Empire's 30th, here's me on Christmas morning 1980, about 7 months after ESB's debut.
I have my die-cast Y-Wing on the Snowspeeder box and the Falcon and Star Destroyer on the Team America cycle box. Ahh, good times!

Reaction score
My Mom recently gave me our family photo albums from 1976 to 1978 to scan, and I had to post these because they're pretty great. I was 8 when Star Wars came out, and obviously I was an instant fan for life. I seem to remember making a lightsaber out of a flashlight, some duct tape and an acrylic dowel. Also I think I had to spray-paint my snow boots white to make sure I was "representing"...

I wish I could remember where the meet-and-greet for Darth Vader was exactly... We lived in Flagstaff, Arizona at the time so it was probably at the local department store. I may have those publicity photos in my garage somewhere. Notice the look of awe on the young kids faces (including mine!!!)

Reaction score
Agh! it's show and tell all over again!

So time to post some of my own photos, but before I do, wanted to comment on bantha's pic with his Greedo action figure. That is my favorite I've seen in this thread. Just a great angle, and looks so totally vintage.

So what we have up is I believe the first star wars related pic taken of me with my 12 inch Vader. I think in 77 or 78 the 1 inches were released and one year later the little figures? I am not sure on this.

Next up I think is the following year:

Take note of the bootleg Artoo banks. Please don't be angry about my awesome Polar Bear shirt. We always wore hand me downs from distant relatives.

Good ol Obi Wan Kenobi to the bottom right. The big record player I freshly unwrapped in a couple of these pics not only served me with countless hours of great music, but also doubled as The Death Star! It was called a Disco Machine, hence my discowookiee name on RS. Also see the knock off Space Case blue tray to the right? How many guys had these?

Looks like that die cast Tie Fighter found a landing pad. Just hopefully not on my brand new Bee Gees or KISS records.

And the money shot. I am certain that is a Jawa I am opening next to my Landspeeder, which would double as just about every vehicle in the Star Wars universe at one time or another.

My favorite shot, although many don't appreciate it like the others, opening my Millennium Falcon. This was a birthday. That was areally big deal for me. It was really expensive for its time, hard to find in my area, and was the only big vehicle I owned. My name is printed on my shirt because my parents forgot it so often.

Another birthday. I showed Mark Hamill this last time I was at his place and he loved it. I should have had him sign it, but probably the next time.

And onto some Trick or Treating. I was such a little actor back then. I had the hand positioning just right. If I showed Daniels these he would probably say I had it all wrong, and better luck in my next life.

And probably the most famousest of my SW pics..circa Jedi...

Darth Vader, Wicket...and Patches?!? I was clearly unhappy with the Darth Vader costume as it came, so I had to create my own "screen accurate" add ons.

Reaction score
Here are a few of mine....

Halloween 1978
Costumed like a Wookie, stalking like... The Wolfman??

Christmas '78-'81

WAMPA, WAMPA everybody!

Reaction score
REMEMBER THE HAMMERHEAD PROMO IS ALMOST OVER AT IGREWUPSTARWARS.COM !

Submit a photo here: http://igrewupstarwars.com/
and you'll be entered to win a Vintage Carded Hammerhead!

Deadline is 8/31/2010

Reaction score
Late 70's and early 80's vader costume...helmet from Spencer's and custom made chest plate!

Reaction score
Sneeden,

that shot of the Palitoy Death Star in action is perfect. I love seeing these vintage toys in their element.

Reaction score
TheMadBubbler said:
Probably something like my 3rd birthday:

That's a great photo madbubbler, thanks for sharing!

Look at that crystal clear Teebo bubble

-Jeff

Reaction score
DarthPete said:
jerseys_big_al said:
Christmas 1981 My new sleeping bag, Santa Bear from the A&P, Battleship, Tyco's Electric Trucking and, of course, Dagobah.

Dude, I got that EXACT same bear for christmas 1981! I still have it, hah! Small world
I got that same Tyco Electronic Trucking set for Christmas one year.... loved it. I know over the years I got a ton of Star Wars stuff for christmas and birthdays etc just can't locate any pics of it....

ah memories...

Reaction score
Leia2222 said:
Gotta ask, and forgive me if someone already asked and you answered it, WHY are you wearing a Vampire costume at Christmas?
I know that it might seem odd, but that's how we do it in Sweden.
We're also having blood pudding instead of christmas pudding, and really hates it when grandma puts garlic in the eggnog.

acedecade75 said:
Is it a vampire costume, or is it Darth Vader without the helmet?
Ok, this could actually be closer to the truth

My sister made the Darth Vader (yes) costume for me, but couldn't find a mask at the time. I think I got a He-man sword to go with it though.

Reaction score
My sister took a stack of old photos to scan from my parents that have been put away for a long long time.
I know I had 12" Fett, Vader, C-3PO and R2 but had never seen any pictures of them until last night when I saw this! I was so excited to see it. Its neat to see the boxes because I have very vivid memories of the figures themselves but none of the boxes from that time.

Reaction score
Here's me on Christmas Day in 1978. Looks like Santa did his "one-stop" Christmas shopping from the Sears Catalog. Note the nice, minty, blue Snaggletooth! By the way, was it a law that EVERYONE have wooden panelling in the '70's?

Reaction score
Bantha5 said:
Me about 1978 in my Dads custom van(it was the 70's) waiting to pick up my brother at school
[image]
[/image]
What a great thread. Loads of fantastic pics. I don't have any of my Christmas "hauls" back then. Wish i did.
This is my favourite picture of the lot. Something magical and so nostalgic about it. If it was mine i'd get it blown up and framed. Amazing quality for back then too!

Reaction score
wow i have really enjoyed looking at all the pictures in this thread,wish i had some pics of when i was a nipper ,