Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Reaction score
Here is me when I was four years old with my Ewok village. This was the first Star Wars item I received as a child.

Ouch. You were such a little baby when you got the Ewok Village? I was like 2 years older (5 y.o.) when I got my first figures from the first movie and I was like 13 or 14 when I got an Ewok Village. Looks like you took care of your toys even at a young age though

p.s. should have read the whole thing, I see you say you were 4...I was thinking it looked like you were 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang, we have a similar story...I was allowed to have Star Wars toys at first but then my Dad got real religious and said I was obsessed (at about 6 years old) so he made me pack them all up and carry them to the dumpster. I would tear out the pages of the Christmas catalogs that had Star Wars toys and hide them under my mattress and would stay awake sometimes until the morning imagining that I had all the toys on those pages.

Reaction score
I miss the good old days of the late 1970s up to 1983 where birthday cakes were of G.I. Joe, He Man, or Star wars.

That and seeing any old early 1980s Christmas photos of Star Wars figures or any actiion figure of anything from He Man or Go Bots, even Power Lords and original Transformers toys

Reaction score
As I mentioned in earlier posts, it seems like a lot of kids growing up in the late '70's/early '80's had those "bowl" hair-cuts - LOL.

Dang, we have a similar story...I was allowed to have Star Wars toys at first but then my Dad got real religious and said I was obsessed (at about 6 years old) so he made me pack them all up and carry them to the dumpster. I would tear out the pages of the Christmas catalogs that had Star Wars toys and hide them under my mattress and would stay awake sometimes until the morning imagining that I had all the toys on those pages.
Sorry to hear this. I have a similar story, but it didn't directly affect me. When I was a kid back in the '80's, a friend was a huge SW fan, maybe even more than I was (and that's saying something). My friend's father got exasperated for some reason and finally told him (and I quote): "Star Wars is corrupting your mind!" To this day, I've always remembered this - obviously the parents in that family didn't appreciate SW as much as the kid - LOL.

However, I actually think the SW characters are, in most cases, positive role models for kids. Han Solo started ANH looking out only for himself, then at the end of the film did come back & helped Luke save the day.

Even Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker - who was extremely evil for years - finally did redeem himself in ROTJ.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some great photos in this thread. Unfortunately I don't have any, just memories...

I sold my whole vintage collection when I was about eleven. I dread to think what it would all be worth now (even loose). Here's what I remember having (after going through the Kenner photo archive):

FIGURES
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Stormtrooper
Death Squad Commander
Jawa
Sand People
Greedo
Snaggletooth
Walrus Man
Arfive-Defour (R5-D4)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Boba Fett
Bespin Security Guard (I)
FX-7 (Medical Droid)
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
Yoda
Dengar
Ugnaught
Imperial Commander
2-1B
AT-AT Commander
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (With Sensorscope)
Bespin Security Guard (II)
Cloud Car Pilot
See-Threepio (C-3PO) With Removable limbs
Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot
Zuckuss
Admiral Ackbar
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
Nien Nunb
Biker Scout
Chief Chirpa
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gamorrean Guard
Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
8D8
Droopy McCool
Max Rebo
Sy Snootles
The Emperor
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
Princess Leia Organa (In Combat Poncho)
Pruneface
Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
Yak Face

CREATURES
Tauntaun with Open Belly Rescue Feature

VEHICLES
Millennium Falcon
Scout Walker
Speeder Bike
AST-5 (Armored Sentinel Transport)
Endor Forest Ranger
INT-4 (Interceptor)
MTV-7 (Multi-Terrain Vehicle)

ACCESSORIES
Radar Laser Cannon
Tripod Laser Cannon

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Millennium Falcon New in the box. DON'T OPEN IT KID

He opened it:

I forgot about this Tauntaun I had. You can barely make out the box in the pile:

Reaction score
I think these pictures would be best appreciated here, its not from MY childhood but its certainly from someone's. I bought the best shoe box ever today. Not because of the contents but the box itself. It just screams "the most awesomest kid ever owned this." Picked it up at a flea market. Sorry its so pic heavy but I just love the hodge podge contents. Puffy stickers, awesome. You know you don't just waste your stickers on just any old thing, so I imagine that box played host to a few figures in its time. I doubt if the contents are all from the original owner. But the art, the grab bag nature and the obvious personalization of it made it a no brainer to pick up. :D

Incidentally, does anyone know what the little paper figures are from?

Reaction score
DarthPete - that box and its contents are amazing. What a wonderful assortment. Love the Millenium Falcon in Echo Base illustration inside the box.

Reaction score
DarthPete - that box and its contents are amazing. What a wonderful assortment. Love the Millenium Falcon in Echo Base illustration inside the box.
I know, right? Initially the dealer was just going to show me some "Star Wars coins" he had to sell and he pulled that box out of the trunk and routed out the coins, which I gave a very cursory glance to and then focused on the box. I was like "uh-huh, cool, how much for the whole box??" lol. He used to own a collectible store years ago.

Reaction score
I know, right? Initially the dealer was just going to show me some "Star Wars coins" he had to sell and he pulled that box out of the trunk and routed out the coins, which I gave a very cursory glance to and then focused on the box. I was like "uh-huh, cool, how much for the whole box??" lol. He used to own a collectible store years ago.

Great find. How much did you get it all for?
I know I've seen those paper stand-up figures before, did you figure it out?

Reaction score
Great find. How much did you get it all for?
I know I've seen those paper stand-up figures before, did you figure it out?
$40, there was also but not pictured an Emperor in open mailer but sealed Kenner baggie. Fair trade I think.

Reaction score
cool idea. I was looking for some kind of clue that dates this photo as current. The only thing that jumps out is the quality of the photo itself, otherwise nothing really jumps out as obviously "modern" aside from the non-shag orange or green carpet, the leather chair maybe?

The second I noticed the shutters I knew that this could not have been taken in the early 1980s.

Reaction score
The Millennium Falcon New in the box. DON'T OPEN IT KID

He opened it:

I forgot about this Tauntaun I had. You can barely make out the box in the pile:

What, no wrapping paper ! Or are these pics the clean version after the paper mess. I love seeing old days photos. I spy the Chips toys. Very cool.

Reaction score
cool idea. I was looking for some kind of clue that dates this photo as current. The only thing that jumps out is the quality of the photo itself, otherwise nothing really jumps out as obviously "modern" aside from the non-shag orange or green carpet, the leather chair maybe?
The blinds date the photos for me. Weren't a thing back then. For a second, I was like, whoa, someone hit the mother load for Christmas.

Awsome

Reaction score
Christmas 1978. That's me with the Batman PJs, lol. Sears Cantina in the foreground.

My brother Terry in the 2nd picture. He passed away 22 years ago. I purchased his mostly unopened SW collection in the late 1980's and his Sears Cantina is on display nearby right now.

I've been wanting to post these pictures for a very long time. My Mom passed away in December 2018 and my Dad passed away in June of this year. I might have some more SW related Christmas pictures, but they haven't been found yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome Pictures but horrible on the losses of your family members. I would love to see some more of your past pictures!

Reaction score
Christmas 1978. That's me with the Batman PJs, lol. Sears Cantina in the foreground.

My brother Terry in the 2nd picture. He passed away 22 years ago. I purchased his mostly unopened SW collection in the late 1980's and his Sears Cantina is on display nearby right now.

I've been wanting to post these pictures for a very long time. My Mom passed away in December 2018 and my Dad passed away in June of this year. I might have some more SW related Christmas pictures, but they haven't been found yet.

Fortunate to have such great memories

Reaction score
And a Starbird too. Wow!

Cool photos. Thanks for sharing. Your family made some cool memories.