Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Reaction score
My uncle and I playing with Brio's while watching ESB. I must have been only 2 or 3 here:

Reaction score
This started it all in 78. Wouldn't trade it for a AFA 9.0 MOC and it would be the only SW item i would grab if the house caught on fire. Notice the dog bite on his chest. Also vintage 1978.:grin:

[/URL][/IMG]

Holy crap almost forgot the best part. I am to be buried with it. Inner jacket pocket.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This started it all in 78. Wouldn't trade it for a AFA 9.0 MOC and it would be the only SW item i would grab if the house caught on fire. Notice the dog bite on his chest. Also vintage 1978.:grin:
I respect that. I'm partial to MY actual childhood figs, too, despite better, less paint-worn, tighter limbed figs I've picked up over the years.

Matt

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a very cool thread. Unfortunately I don't have any family photos of my old Star Wars toys, but here is a link to a home movie clip of me unwrapping a Y-wing fighter (I must have flown a million miles in that thing). I think the clip dates from the summer of 1983: https://youtu.be/uN-8Os_JKyM

I hope it isn't inappropriate to post some other clips from home movies of myself (I'm the spaz with the hair helmet), my brother and an older neighbor boy playing with our Star Wars toys (this is my very first post to RebelScum). These all date circa 1983-1984:

https://youtu.be/VcFT1UsOHBk

https://youtu.be/a9DMWq28iBk

https://youtu.be/ZX4qsBFpTOM

The clips are, well, childish. Upon retrospect I wish I had shown more of my old toys and did less hamming for the camera. I hope some of you enjoy these and that they bring back some memories of playing with Star Wars toys in your childhood.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Reaction score
I just found these old Polaroids from when I was... 8? ish? late 70's, maybe very early 80's! One has a STAR WARS Pop-Up book, and the other has an original TIE Fighter Vehicle in a STAR WARS box.

Reaction score
Ghosts of Christmas past. (a reenactment, obviously)

cool idea. I was looking for some kind of clue that dates this photo as current. The only thing that jumps out is the quality of the photo itself, otherwise nothing really jumps out as obviously "modern" aside from the non-shag orange or green carpet, the leather chair maybe?

Reaction score
cool idea. I was looking for some kind of clue that dates this photo as current. The only thing that jumps out is the quality of the photo itself, otherwise nothing really jumps out as obviously "modern" aside from the non-shag orange or green carpet, the leather chair maybe?
The blinds.

Reaction score
The three wise guys driving Segways in nativity scene were the spoilers for me...lol!

Reaction score
Here's my battle setup and my first X wing, and then me as Vader for Halloween.

Awesome pictures. At first I was mystified how you managed to have all those figures standing freely on that carpet. Then I realized you employed the timeless technique of leaning them up against whatever vehicle is nearby. Well played sir :)

Reaction score
Oops, nevermind. Should've read the rest of the thread first. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome pictures. At first I was mystified how you managed to have all those figures standing freely on that carpet. Then I realized you employed the timeless technique of leaning them up against whatever vehicle is nearby. Well played sir :)
There's a couple free standing... check out red snaggletooth. ^_^

Awesome photos scottjua.

Digging the CHiPs helicopter as well.
Hahaha yeah I had a ponch and John doll, and an Eric Estrada Poster too. Lololol I was a CHiPs fan FO SHO!

ksg

Reaction score
Yes I see either Ponch or Jon on the table. Cool pics.

Reaction score
Great pics! I remember that "electronic guitar" or whatever behind you! What the heck was that called?
Never mind that...you'd didn't actually OPEN that large scale IG-88 did ya? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great pics! I remember that "electronic guitar" or whatever behind you! What the heck was that called?
That was Mattel's "Magical Musical Thing".

Never mind that...you'd didn't actually OPEN that large scale IG-88 did ya? ;)
Indeed, I did. You got an eagle eye, as it took me a while when I first got these pics to figure out which one it was from such a blurry pic. I'm guessing the R2 behind me in that same pic was a lightswitch cover (Switcheroo), if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
Very nice pictures! In addition to all the great Vintage SW toys, I see someone is holding the rare 1979 large-sized Alien figure - very cool! I never remember seeing that toy in stores - IIRC, it got pulled from shelves soon after release due to allegedly "scaring" some kids - LOL.

Reaction score
Awesome photos beagan. Thanks for sharing.

Seriously, a rare "live" shot of the vintage Kenner Alien is wickedly cool.

Reaction score
Hey I see Yoda on top of the Deathstar Talking to Darth Vader in his ship?! What's going on here with play time?! :) Great Pictures!

Reaction score
And the rebel pilots have taken over the death star lol!

More than one way to skin a cat!

Last edited: