Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Reaction score
I was 6 back in May '77 when ANH made it's debut. Don't have any SW pics. from back in the day, but did have some of the toys at the time. And, I realized that I had the same bowl hair-cut as all of the kids in these pics. - we must have gone to the same barber :grin:

Reaction score
I knew there had to be some of me in the 70's and/or early 80's and found one in the first photo album I looked through so I am sure there are dozens, I can't wait to dig in. Of course my parents didn't write the date on any pictures ever, but I am guessing Christmas 1979 or 1980 at the latest. I see my Star Wars pull cord van sitting on the foot stool to the right. And a tusken raider (sand people to little me) was for some reason running the death star controls. R2 looks injured. lol

Love these types of photos. I was a child of the 70s/early 80s, but I don't have any photos with Star Wars toys unfortunately. However if my mom would have take some photos, they would have looked very similar to the one above. Thanks for posting.

Reaction score
I don't think I have a single picture of me with my Star Wars toys, but I do have this picture of me as a Tusken Raider for Halloween 1982 (complete with a stick and my Dad's brown bathrobe). My friend was X-wing pilot Luke.

Reaction score
If anyone in this thread (besides me) submitted photos for the Target Ad, here it is:

https://youtu.be/wCzFPMmyOZk

It's amazing! I'm 27 seconds in with the Tie Fighter box and stuffed Chewie!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great thread!
Unfortunately I don't have any photos of me as a kid with SW toys, but I have this picture from 1989 (I was 16) showing my collection at its earliest stage as it was displayed in my bedroom.
That is how it all began! :)

Reaction score
I submitted several photos, and even filled out tax forms, but to no avail...I am not in the trailer and I have no idea if they used any of the pics on the website.

Reaction score
I submitted several photos, and even filled out tax forms, but to no avail...I am not in the trailer and I have no idea if they used any of the pics on the website.
I expected something much much more down memory lane.. (more vintage pictures)
and they didn't use anything from mine either

Reaction score
I submitted all the necessary paperwork, but nothing for me either. ??? Did anyone get a check yet? There was mention of a book? I'm hoping that on "Share the Force" Saturday, everything will come to light. "We will see..."

Reaction score
I submitted all the necessary paperwork, but nothing for me either. ??? Did anyone get a check yet? There was mention of a book? I'm hoping that on "Share the Force" Saturday, everything will come to light. "We will see..."
I never got anything either.

One thing that strikes me as odd is how f-ing terrible their new website is. Share the force, or whatever, is awful. You zoom in until you find a character, then click on it, then you can state that he/she is your favorite character, or you can read comments from someone else that says he/she is "my favorite character." I thought this was supposed to be about sharing memories? Where are the memories? This is just stupid and a waste of time.

Reaction score
Find the "Memories" link amongst the main characters in the star field and you can find a few vintage pics. I'm wondering if the proposed plan started getting expensive and they opted for this "Share ​the Force" thing?

Reaction score
I was kind of slow filling out the paperwork and they eventually called me. They said "they really liked my photos and wanted to use it". I signed my release form the day before the video was shown online. It was fun to see.

Reaction score
Does anyone know or remember, if Kenner's Slave 1 had sound or not, one of my co-workers has one for sale, I was considering buying it if it does, if not, I would rather have A Hasbro TVC one, because it has better detailing, paint, and features.

Reaction score
Does anyone know or remember, if Kenner's Slave 1 had sound or not, one of my co-workers has one for sale, I was considering buying it if it does, if not, I would rather have A Hasbro TVC one, because it has better detailing, paint, and features.

No sound or electronics at all

Reaction score
So a friend of mine said he saw the Target commercial with our photos in it playing in the electronics department of his local Target. My kids and I wanted to see the Force Friday set up so we went to ours. I was really excited to see the commercial on all the big screens! Here's a photo of me in the commercial at Target!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So a friend of mine said he saw the Target commercial with our photos in it playing in the electronics department of his local Target. My kids and I wanted to see the Force Friday set up so we went to ours. I was really excited to see the commercial on all the big screens! Here's a photo of me in the commercial at Target!

Haha... yeah, rub it in! :)

Reaction score
He also has a vintage Snowspeeder, it's complete, but the electronics don't work, any idea what it's worth, it doesn't have its box or box inserts or instructions/add booklet either

Reaction score
Childhood Star Wars birthday pic

8th Birthday, June 1978. My Dad picked up the giant C-3PO & R2-D2 cardboard cutouts at a record store. Mom did a great job on the cake, notice the figures. I still remember the row (of at least a dozen) Vinyl caped Jawas at the JCPenny mile from my house a few weeks prior!

Reaction score
Those of you that are in the Target Ad I just received payment for a version called "In Cinema"! There's a chance this thing is going to run before the movie!!!

Reaction score
Note to self: go to parent's house with a scanner.

It will happen.

Reaction score
Here is me when I was four years old with my Ewok village. This was the first Star Wars item I received as a child.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Sadly, I have no relationship with my parents. The few photos I have from my childhood were loose in drawers, and I had to swipe on the rare visits I made in the past. Here is the only one I have of me and a Star Wars item, holding the Falcon during Christmas of 1979.

The other one is of me in DC while at the Smithsonian in front of the actual Boba Fett suit and Slave 1 prop, when they had a tour of all the props from the films back in 1996. I don't think I ever looked happier LOL!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Battlefront commercial is awesome! And if you pay attention, there appears to be a vintage R2-D2 with pop up lightsaber. If you look even closer, there's a vinyl cape Jawa! How cool is that?

Let's hope the same amount of passion and love go into ep's 7, 8, & 9.

Phil
Yeah I noticed the same thing about the Battlefront commercial. Whoever took the time to make sure they got beat up vintage figures to use is an unsung hero.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question for anybody. I have an impressive vintage Star Wars collection and I'm ready to sale. What is the best way to sale it?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question for anybody. I have an impressive vintage Star Wars collection and I'm ready to sale. What is the best way to sale it?

Reaction score
I was contacted for the ad too, but unfortunately I was on a collecting hiatus, and missed out. Oh well, still very cool!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be for Childhood photos but I can't find any of me opening or playing with my old SW toys so I took some shots of the toys I still have from 1977-1985

- still works

- both versions and 1 still in the box

- one of my favorite TIE designs and it still works

- still sealed in the box - I wonder if Hasbro re-released this playset if the Build a Weapons from the TFA Figures would be received better?