Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Since there seems to be a request for this, I've decided to start a Chilhood Pictures thread. Feel free to post any photos you may have from your childhood related to Star Wars. This includes but not limited to, Holidays like Christmas, Hannukah, Halloween, etc. and events like birthdays and parties.

Please try to use the new Rebelscum picturehosting feature. This makes these threads a valuable resource by eliminating dead picture links. You can use the "Photo"-option (at the UBB Code links) to add a linked thumbnail. Thanks!

Mike

Reaction score
OFFICIAL Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

You beat me to it. I was actually starting one in the Limelighting section. I figured it would be better-fitting there, but we'll let the mods decide.

Here are my past contributions:

Christmas 1980:

Halloween. Me as Vader and my brother as Yoda:

My 6th birthday:

This is a friend of mine I grew up with:

Reaction score
Re: OFFICIAL Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Snowbi_Wan said:
That is an awesome picture, it reminds me of the scene in E.T when Elliot is playing with his figures!
May I ask what you are wearing??? It looks like something Luke wore on Tatooine

Reaction score

here's me on my hols, in Spain 1980

I'm the one with Darth Vader for a nose some bad socks

I'd just swapped a Lando with the kid next door and got a dog chewed jawa in return. Not my greatest deal

Reaction score

I have some more with toys somewhere so here's a few until I can dig 'em up

The last one is my daughter.

-Mark

Reaction score

I'm going to preemptive name this the best thread ever.

Reaction score

spoons said:
I'd just swapped a Lando with the kid next door and got a dog chewed jawa in return. Not my greatest deal
Man, that kid is wearing a sportcoat. You got set up by a pro. He's a CEO or something now. LOL

John

Reaction score

JohnA said:
spoons said:

Man, that kid is wearing a sportcoat. You got set up by a pro. He's a CEO or something now. LOL

John
lol

reckon you're bang on there

Reaction score
Here's my contribution. I actually had more than I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas 1978 I was 4 and my sister was 9.

Christmas 1979 I loved that trumpet. I was in a Herb Alpert phase.

Christmas 1981 My new sleeping bag, Santa Bear from the A&P, Battleship, Tyco's Electric Trucking and, of course, Dagobah.

Christmas 1983 My Grandma and me relaxing after opening presents. I really miss her. I was 9.

Christmas 1992 I was 18. My girlfriend gave me a 1989 Hess Truck and sealed Imperial Attack Base. In pre-eBay days, older Hess trucks and sealed Kenner stuff were hard to locate. Of course I opened them both - it was Christmas!!

Christmas 1993 Off to college and I received my first cell phone - a humungous bag phone connected to a car battery. Also a bunch of Star Wars goodies - anything available at the time was fair game. Got to love the sweet smell of Drakkar.

Reaction score
Halloween, 1977

Homemade costumes, put together by my mom. I'm the relatively tall jawa, my lil brother was the relatively short stormtrooper. The stormtrooper costume was basically made up of a plastic mixing bowl (top of helmet) and white garbage bags.

Leif

Reaction score
jerseys_big_al said:
Christmas 1981 My new sleeping bag, Santa Bear from the A&P, Battleship, Tyco's Electric Trucking and, of course, Dagobah.

Dude, I got that EXACT same bear for christmas 1981! I still have it, hah! Small world

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I guess since I started the thread it is only fair I post my pics.

My custom Vader costume for Halloween 79, and my first day of second grade with my Star Wars lunch box.

Mike

Reaction score
Awesome...totally awesome pictures!! Just wanted to throw out some comments.

--------

Coco - That thug Vader is pretty intimidating with the gold chain and knuckle-less hit man driving gloves.

Mike - With your Dad standing next to you with the vacuum hose it looks like he got the grown-up life-size droid factory set.

Lando45 - I love the disco Vader with the Colecovision strapped to his chest.

Leif - The googly-eyed Jawa is pretty inventive. At least you can aim with the good eye.

Pete - Did yours come from the local A&P too? That's the only place I ever saw them. I still have mine as well. It's one of the few I saved.

Fredrik - That is one hell of a take for one kid at Christmas! It's like you won a ToysRUs contest.

--------

Alex

Reaction score
lol I've no idea what an A&P is so I'd guess not. I was an infant at the time my grandmother got it for me for my first christmas. I don't recall it having the santa vest and hat though, do you remember if they all came like that? You don't by chance know who the manufacturer was do you?

Reaction score
I've already posted this one somewhere on Rebelscum.
Anyway, this is my brother in spring 1989 in a cool custom AT-ST Driver costume.

It was during a special event about Sci-Fi in France. I was in charge of the Star Wars section (even if i was only 14 years old).
I remember the special area with some cool vintage stuff and some dioramas. The main attraction was the projection of the three movies (look at the french poster on the wall).

<font color="red">C L U E #5

First of all, thank you to everyone that participated in our first official game. It's been a blast!

Final q u e s t i o n:

Thinking about the answers to all four previous questions in the order they were found, with all six movies in the Star Wars Saga in mind, what’s the exact first line of each character that has been mentioned over the last four days?

The first person to post these lines in the correct order will win! </font>

Reaction score
DarthPete said:
lol I've no idea what an A&P is so I'd guess not. I was an infant at the time my grandmother got it for me for my first christmas. I don't recall it having the santa vest and hat though, do you remember if they all came like that? You don't by chance know who the manufacturer was do you?
A&P is supermarket. A&P was regional in the north east when I was a kid. Maybe it's nationwide now? I always loved the logo. A&P along with other grocery stores like Grand Union and Acme, always had cool toys. Ahh, I miss those stores - good times. Anyways, I digress...the Santa Bear I received has a removable vest and the hat is lightly stitched on. I can't seem to locate him, but when I do, I'll check the manufacturer on the tag.

Sithlord1976 said:
THIS THREAD IS A GREAT IDEA!!!

My brother and me playing with Star Wars figs in 1984.
Here´s a short Super8 Movie of it:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/Doerfer_2007/Super%208%20Film/?action=view&current=Star-Wars-Figs.flv
That is a very cool video! I'd kill to have a video from those days. We had a video camera of some kind growing up, but I always heard it was broken. I don't remember seeing it, just heard about it.

For Christmas of 1981, my sister and I received our first tape recorder. We wore that thing out. I still have one of the tapes we made. If a fire ever broke out in my house, the only belongings I would care about are family pictures and our one saved cassette recording. I really need to transfer it to CD.

Alex

Reaction score
i enjoy browsing through this thread. i have only found a couple of pictures of myself but have yet to scanned them. the ones that i am really looking for i cannot find

Reaction score
Hi all,

After months of planning and work...my website is now live!
http://igrewupstarwars.com/

Please check it out and if you would to submit your pics I will add them there also!

Cheers,
Tom Berges

Reaction score
Website looks great so far!

It's a great concept and I can't wait to see it start filling up with stories and photo collections.

I have it bookmarked.

Reaction score
Tom, the site looks awesome so far! You are very lucky to have so many of your own pictures and memories to start the site! Congrats and keep it coming!

Reaction score
My fall 1977 kindergarten class picture.

I have a trove of classic old SW pictures I will try to post a little later on.

KBD3

Reaction score
Youthberg said:
A long time ago, in a country far, far away... (Sweden, 1986)

Truly great pics. These two vehicles must have been on clearance at that time, or the price was seriously knocked down because the interest in Star Wars toys was unfortunately waning at this time.

I also decided to fix up these two excellent pics originally posted by LANDO_COLT45.