[Chewiegum] Collection

Reaction score
Happy I could get the EX Luke Red Five X-Wing Pilot version from Sideshow. Got it for a really fair price from Ebay US. I guess I was lucky since the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke could have helped me to get it for a good price. He was completely sealed and never opened.

YwMeZWu.jpg

Nh3j9p9.jpg

hQ8lmPG.jpg

tT1cGwR.jpg

kloAZNI.jpg

nuP35sa.jpg

RfjJ8a6.jpg

wCaWSOb.jpg

J82hRZD.jpg

QFu6lIj.jpg

bMWHmwX.jpg

U7nGAnS.jpg

Chris

Reaction score
Now I have paired him with the X-Wing as planned.

Now the question is: which R2-D2 would fit the best in that display together with Luke and the X-Wing?

I have 3 choices:

- Sideshow Exclusive Version: PRO nice Paintjob and would fit best to the scene in ANH where Luke and R2 prepare for battle, CONTRA all plastic.
- Hot Toys Deluxe: PRO super paintjob and has a Die Cast Dome, CONTRA bad remote control and R2 rather has a Episode VII paintjob.
- Tamashii Nations: PRO almost completely made of Die Cast with best quality, CONTRA plastic Dome and it has a clean paintjob that does not fit well.

Am very interested in others opinions! (y)

Chris

Reaction score
I think its between Sideshow and Hot toys, the Tamashii nations version (which is nice and love the diecast) doesnt really look the part.

The Hot Toys metal dome is what steers me towards it as it just gives that shine that plastic with chrome paint cannot replicate. IMO of course.

Reaction score
Hot Toys have two R2s. The Force Awakens version and the deluxe which is based on the OT. The paint jobs are different.

Reaction score
Honestly, the only way your going to regret this stuff is seeing them directly compared to each other. Sideshow does a great job on their sculpts and paint applications. I was looking at my Sideshow R5D4 and I am blown away by how amazing it is. I am sure you will be happy.

Reaction score
I decided to go for the Sideshow EX version to pair with Sideshows Luke. Should be here soon, hope it was the right choice.
Chris
The sideshow R2 is lovely and I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it, but having owned both, I’d say the Hot Toys, even the TFA version, is far superior. Just my 2cs.

Reaction score
The most important thing to me is (after contemplating a lot about it :)) that it looks good next to the X-Wing and Luke. Because of this the Tamashii was completely out, although I really like it. HT's Deluxe Version with all the accessories looks very good but it looks too far away from how R2 looks like in the scene beneath (paintjob and the black cables on the HT version do not fit). Even if I also think HTs version is qualitative the better one still the Sideshow version will display better, this is why I got that one. Pricewise all 3 were more or less on the same level.

Chris

Reaction score
Still a lot to come, when the Rancor arrived I am planning to make some new shots :)
And it's correct, another pillar will rise :giggle:
Chris

Reaction score
I am mixing in 1/6 scale figures more often now to have the characters shown as well. I would prefer 1/10 scales statues because they would be even smaller, but till now there are none that I could buy. I am hoping that Iron Studios will show some soon.

Jabba from GG arrived and that one is 1/10 scale. For me it is just the perfect scale to display and it does not consume too much space (still Jabba is a big and heavy piece!!).

More pics can be found here: LINK

8FH9gTg.jpg

akOLUU2.jpg

3BVsuR9.jpg

wF4J1ie.jpg

AdOA4iS.jpg

zeYwfYx.jpg

51KgjNq.jpg

8yc8t9g.jpg

D0dY9Oo.jpg

anZGfv0.jpg

QGz5k96.jpg

WAMd4vs.jpg

Quln37O.jpg

GLGGczL.jpg

Chris

Reaction score
If you like 1/10 scale, the Kotobukiya ARTFX+ line is available in that scale. I display Kotobukiya statues with some of my helmets

Reaction score
Great xwing display Chris. Now I see the vision and it looks awesome.

Umm that Jabba is fantastic. I might need to grab one of those!
Thanks, Jabba is worth it and you can get him for great prices from time to time. They do not go for much on Ebay and you get a lot for what you pay.

If you like 1/10 scale, the Kotobukiya ARTFX+ line is available in that scale. I display Kotobukiya statues with some of my helmets
Don't know the Koto statues, are they also made of polystone and have a classic style with stoic poses? Will have to search for some of these in Google/Youtube and have a look. I know that Iron Studios has the SW licence and they do a great job on their Marvel, DC and LotR 1/10 scale figures.
Chris

Reaction score
Last but not least the 360° view with some Star Wars music from Samuel Kim. I would like to add the assecories that the 1:10 scale GG Leia comes with, but I'd need to buy the complete Leia then and sell her again. If anyone is willing to let go just the pipe (and maybe the extra set of arms) she comes with for a fair price please let me know :)

Chris