[Chewiegum] Collection

Reaction score
Decided to sell a lot of my items and wanted to ask people that missed out on the TIE Fighter (Weathered Version with Lightning) and/or on the Escape Pod if they would like to take over my POs. Just PM me.
Chris

Reaction score
TIE Fighter and the Escape Pod are gone, thx to ictvtom and LightSword.
Next PO to transfer would be Salacious B. Crumb from Regal Robot that I bought from Secret Compass, a fast transfer is possible. Shane from Secret Compass already knows I want to transfer. I did an upfront payment of 1000 USD.
Greetings
Chris

Reaction score
Decided to sell a lot of my items and wanted to ask people that missed out on the TIE Fighter (Weathered Version with Lightning) and/or on the Escape Pod if they would like to take over my POs. Just PM me.
Chris
Why sell please? And how much for the Master Replicas AT-AT? You said you want to sell it

Reaction score
I decided to use the basement as a gym and I would need the space. At the moment the collection room and parts of the other rooms in the basement are blocked because also the shippers take a lot of space. The AT-AT is already sold, sorry.
Chris

Reaction score
Goodbye video for this nice lightsaber that is on the way to it's new owner with the fitting music.

Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to see your collection being slowly sold. I did see quite a few collections being acquired and then sold, since year 2001 when I became member on this board.

Reaction score
My curse of beeing complete and nothing to look for anymore, the last items that were not in mint condition or were missing a shipper are replaced as well now so even there I can't look for anything anymore. I had everything from LotR and sold it again once there was nothing more to hunt for (I only kept the swords that hang in the floor to the basement). The next was the Marvel Premium Format Collection (about 250 PFs), sold almost all (just kept 6 of them that I am selling now as well) where I had all characters that I wanted. Same for my DC Collection. Before I had stamps, comics and a huge Magic the Gathering collection (started 1994 and also had the Alpha and Beta complete) that I completely sold (fortunately I was able to buy a house with the money I got for the MtG collection that was bought by one person that picked up everything). When everything is gone I will concentrate in aquiring old muscle and some rare German cars.
Chris

Reaction score
My curse of beeing complete and nothing to look for anymore, the last items that were not in mint condition or were missing a shipper are replaced as well now so even there I can't look for anything anymore. I had everything from LotR and sold it again once there was nothing more to hunt for (I only kept the swords that hang in the floor to the basement). The next was the Marvel Premium Format Collection (about 250 PFs), sold almost all (just kept 6 of them that I am selling now as well) where I had all characters that I wanted. Same for my DC Collection. Before I had stamps, comics and a huge Magic the Gathering collection (started 1994 and also had the Alpha and Beta complete) that I completely sold (fortunately I was able to buy a house with the money I got for the MtG collection that was bought by one person that picked up everything). When everything is gone I will concentrate in aquiring old muscle and some rare German cars.
Chris
It seems you and I have a different view on collecting. I enjoy my collection as it stands, you are more interested in the hunt. The collection relaxes me, it looks like it stresses you out. Of course I would like a bigger house, a bigger budget, some serious screen used props I'd never be able to get unless I would be a billionaire, but that is it, overall I'm 99% happy with my collection. I wouldn't sell it, as it is my retreat after a busy and tiring day, a place to relax and enjoy a moment in the Star Wars universe. I'm not sure you will ever be satisfied collecting, maybe something else would fit your quest.

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, for me it is the route that is the goal and for you it is the goal itself.
Both is collecting in my opinion, just with different views on it. I for example really enjoy the hunt AND watching the collection, but it is kind of an equinox that goes together (hence my usual name). The word collecting also implies that, just having it would rather be keeping/accruing than collecting for me. This of course is just my view on it.
Chris

Reaction score
Hi Chris, I'm also sorry to see you give up your collection, but understand your choices for moving on.
I'm kinda in-between your collecting habits and Sergiu's.
I have collected many lines from vendors/licensees over the years and sold on, some with regret..some with new beginnings.

My journey in collecting Star wars has been long but I'm slowly finding what I like and sticking with it.🙂

Good luck in your new venture!

Reaction score
The good thing is that I did not regret anything yet. If I would have kept it I could have sold for a much higher price now though (the Sideshow Premium Formats are an exception, those go for much lower prices now, from my experience only 1 out of ten goes for more than retail these days).
I am very sure these Star Wars replicas will go up even more in time, we will see sell-prices that are higher then the BIN prices on Ebay right now. So that is good for all of you. (y) The bad thing is that the new items that get released will have much higher prices as well I am afraid.
Chris

Reaction score
In comparison I downsized my collection back in 2014 asked £370 for efx clone helmet and most buyers turned their noses.
Fast forward to today and the same helmets are commanding £1000+ crazy hobby 😖

Reaction score
Hi Chris, your collection has been such a true inspiration for me. I've used your Complete MR and EFX lists on bluray-disc.de a ton when doing my research for those pieces. Congrats on completing your hunt!!!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you’re selling your collection. I’ve really enjoyed watching you curate and share it here. Good luck with your next endeavours!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot 👍
I will post more videos in the coming months, before I pack and sent out something I make a video. For some items I was too lazy to take them out if the display, now I have the chance to do it :)
It was always fun here and in the beginning I used the lists here as a reference a lot as well and I got far more inspiration for other Star War's items here than I intended to collect :)
Chris

Reaction score
Like an old friend and member here said: "Another one bites the dust" :( Some of the old collectors are still here, as they have been for decades, maybe you'll return too. I've seen people giving up on collecting Star Wars and then come back - heck there is even a member who sold items and then rebought them countless times for the amusement of everyone ;) . Anyway good luck in your future endeavors, in case you decide not to return, though we would miss you Chris.

Reaction score
Never say never again. :) In case of Star Wars I would say it really could be possible, but in a much smaller scale.
Chris

Reaction score
Shipped out the Snowspeeder yesterday and made a fresh video before packing it up.
A very nice collectible and underrated in comparison to the other MR vehicles.

Chris

Reaction score
My last 2 1/6 scales I bought and the Stormtrooper Blaster (old and new video) that recently went to the South of Germany.

Chris

Reaction score
Since the Slave 1 will be sent to the new owner very soon I made a new video with new music.

Chris

Reaction score
The Han Solo Blaster from TESB went to the same member here as the Vader helmet, hope to do more business, very smooth transactions!

Chris

Reaction score
The TIE was picked up a while ago, I was very happy that I did not have to dismantle the wings and ship it.

Chris

Reaction score
This one is gone to a member here, thanks for the deal and personal pick-up Josh.
Hope the Death Star tiles will end up in your collection too :)

Chris

Reaction score
Those 3 will be picked up in December including all bases, covers and pedestals.
In the background you can see that almost everything is gone and the new colour is on the walls, fitting for the gym that will be here soon, next month the floor will be done and in January everything will arrive.

Chris