Chewbacca - #VC141

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Looks good- I'm glad to get that card (I display vintage cards with figures removed), and I have 2 of the ANH mouth closed Chewies, so this one will be welcome.

Reaction score
I got this guy in hand now. It took me awhile to figure out if it's different enough to be a new figure and the bottom line appears to be yes, it is. It's the Black Series TIE carded figure, with new paint apps. The body, of course, hasn't been changed since 2004.

Reaction score
This simple repaint has ended up being one my favorite figures so far this year.

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of these for $7 each on Amazon today, one to open, one to keep carded. I have the VOTC version on the ROTJ from years ago, but I couldn't resist for the price, and am looking forward to the loose one after seeing the positive reviews here. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! Got this guy already, but for that price couldn't resist getting a second!

Reaction score
So aside from the eccentricities of paint appliers in the factory, this is the same figure as TBS 4-incher from around 2015 or so, right?

Reaction score
This is very likely an embarrassing question, but: how do you put this Chewie's bowcaster together? I don't see any clear part of the main gun for the cross-with-bulbs part to snap into.

It's not a pressing concern, since right now he's in my skiff display. But...I'm curious if there's an easy solution I'm just missing.

edit: much obliged, BenShysa75

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not quite :). The mouth is painted pink on the inside of the VC figure, making it much more realistic looking than the 3.75 TBS one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The VC version does seem to be painted a bit sharper, particularly in the mouth and teeth.

Reaction score
Looks good- I'm glad to get that card (I display vintage cards with figures removed), and I have 2 of the ANH mouth closed Chewies, so this one will be welcome.
Daigo Bah, I am an opener, and because I am a vintage kid, I have tended to save my cards. We're 25 years into the line, and there isn't room for cards and figs. PM me and let me know what you would like.

Reaction score
So I've been trying for days to order another one of these to keep carded, along with a couple other TVC, on Amazon. I am prompted to use my Discover rewards and get $10 off. No matter what combo of figs, or what payment method, I never see the $10 applied, and I halt the purchase.
W T F?

Reaction score
Got this guy yesterday. I had passed on the Black Series version so I'm glad I finally have this figure. He's head and shoulders above the older Early Bird version. For starters, his head goes all the way down onto the shoulders rather than having some weird space in between. It's obvious that they engineered this head to fit properly rather than half-assing it and going "good enough 🤷🏼‍♂️" like they did with the smooth hair closed mouth version.

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where the wounded skiff version of this figure is from? Was he in a battle pack or something?

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of these for $7 each on Amazon today, one to open, one to keep carded. I have the VOTC version on the ROTJ from years ago, but I couldn't resist for the price, and am looking forward to the loose one after seeing the positive reviews here. Much appreciated.
$7 bucks what a bargain .I would of brought a few at that price .Right place a the right time.