Chewbacca - ROTJ 40th

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed a Chewbacca figure is coming in the 40th ROTJ anniversary line

Reaction score
I hope they use the alternate card art for Chewbacca. Jedi Luke and Royal Guard would seem better choices than Stormtrooper 2 and Chewie 3

Reaction score
I guess this might be Hasbro repainting the existing Chewbacca from the 40th Anniversary Empire two-pack with C-3PO. It also had the hair parted in the middle if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
I guess this might be Hasbro repainting the existing Chewbacca from the 40th Anniversary Empire two-pack with C-3PO. It also had the hair parted in the middle if I remember correctly.

I think so too, at least that would ve the most obvious one to reuse 😊
Just popped into my mind, maybe they throw in a flexi-band collar with chain and title him "Boushh's Bounty" 🤔🤔
Easy to do custom, though

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Note: This may be inaccurately reported by Fantha Tracks as the 40ROTJ when it seems likely it's just the recent archive version.

MCM London Comic Con Display. Credit @fanthatracks

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Display-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Display-Loose-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I asked Fantha Tracks and now they aren't sure, but they agree it may be the Archive version instead of the 40ROTJ initially reported. Updated the post with a disclaimer, but I'll keep the images up just in case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully they go with a new sculpt for this one. Chewie looks completely different in all 3 OT movies.

Reaction score
The following picture by Fantha Tracks shows that this Chewbacca figure was displayed alongside the Archive Leia Boushh figure:

mcm2022fantha1.jpg

Reaction score
Yesssss. So glad the put the centre parting in.

That chain is removable though I hope...

Reaction score
Seems like this Chewie will be very scene specific. The new headsculpt seems to have the fur around neck sculpted in the shape of the collar being on him. If that's the case, it might be a pass for me.

Reaction score
But but but... that's a SLAVE wookie!!!! We can't have that nowadays - and he's only covered by fur!!! The outrage!!! Cancel everyone on twitter!

Edit: I might have to mention that this is meant as poking fun with a big stick, but there's some truth to it though. Clearly he's portrayed in chains/ergo a slave - and this is somehow ok, but a ship can't be named slave or a 40 year old character (Leia) re-issued as one.

The hipocrisy is off the charts.

And let it also be known, that I don't mind Chewie or any other characters depicted as slaves/prisoners. My life isn't that complicated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems like this Chewie will be very scene specific. The new headsculpt seems to have the fur around neck sculpted in the shape of the collar being on him. If that's the case, it might be a pass for me.
Yeah thats what it looks like to me as well. Which would be a shame as I really want him to complete an Endor setup rather than the 30 seconds we see him in the palace.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm all for the new head sculpt but what worries me about this figure is that I think it uses the body from the ANH Chewie that was just released as an archive figure and not the more accurate, slightly smaller one from the ESB 2 pack with C3PO and the single carded ESB release. It'd be a shame to make a more accurate Chewie and then use the inferior one for a new version of the character like this.

Reaction score

The fur around his head and neck are more or less in that shape throughout the movie.

2d440c5f93bb4524d74af0a53b00ec7b.jpg

Reaction score
I'm glad they're making this version, but it makes me wish they had made a Hoth Chewie with snow deco for ESB 40th instead of the one they did release.

Reaction score
So we're gonna get an Archive Chewie and then a ROTJ Chewie on 40th back?

Why do they continue to do this?

Reaction score
Chewbacca (40th ROTJ Anniversary). Code-named "Hansen". Part of the 40th ROTJ Anniversary Wave 2. Retool/repack of Red Line #05 / Archive Wave 7. Has newly sculpted head and prisoner neck chain. Includes his custom Bowcaster. Updated deco to match closer to that of the Target Exclusive release from Solo.

On shelf Summer 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order tomorrow, November 30th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this CHEWBACCA figure from The Black Series, featuring classic design and packaging! This premium 6-inch CHEWBACCA figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI. Fans can display this figure which features premium detail and multiple points of articulation. Includes figure and bowcaster accessory.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Chewbacca-Loose-2.jpg