Chewbacca - Prototype Edition (Retro)

Reaction score
I have this gut feeling somehow that it's going to slip through the cracks for me. I missed the preorder as I was presenting for work at the time, and I feel like I'm going to have to go secondary market to actually get this one. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction score
I have this gut feeling somehow that it's going to slip through the cracks for me. I missed the preorder as I was presenting for work at the time, and I feel like I'm going to have to go secondary market to actually get this one. I hope I'm wrong.
These keep getting easier to find. Hopefully I can pick up extras for Scummers that didn’t get them.

Reaction score
And gone 1.2 seconds later......I have personally never seen them available since the original offering. But glad to see them popping up even for seconds.

Reaction score
And gone 1.2 seconds later......I have personally never seen them available since the original offering. But glad to see them popping up even for seconds.
I haven't looked since. not feeling these prototypes and I feel I will make some collectors very happy when I sell my complete color sets. I much rather have never before made OT characters.

Reaction score
Prototype Edition figure with Chewbacca.
Shouldn't a Prototype Edition Chewbacca in fact be a re-purposed Bionic Bigfoot!

5rnacu.gif

5rna9g.gif

Reaction score
Everyone cites Joseph Campbell, Frank Herbert, Metropolis, Flash Gordon, Kurosawa, etc. yet Lucas like everyone else on Feb 1, 1976 was clearly watching the zeitgeist altering event that was Six Million Dollar Man meets Space Bigfoot! 😄
6j275d.gif

6j28ia.gif
6j27r6.gif

6j454q.jpg
One became Indiana Jones the other Chewbacca.:sneaky: Even referenced an arm pulled out of it's socket.:p
6j3vhy.gif

60mmpc.gif
6j3wl1.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found in Richmond, VA. Image courtesy sandman804 via YF. Some people are also reporting that multiple stores are showing stock on-hand via popfindr - TCIN (85766842).

View attachment 427471
Saw this report, checked my store and they had 6 in stock. I ran over there and got the run-around from the team. They said they can't find it in the back. I'm like yeah, but one of their employees found it and purchased 2. So full of BS. I have 2 on order and won't be chasing this abysmal prototype this time. I really hope it and the Luke flop so Hasbro can be creative with their Retro collection because these terrible figures are as big of the Retro Collection as the main figure offerings.

Reaction score
Saw this report, checked my store and they had 6 in stock. I ran over there and got the run-around from the team. They said they can't find it in the back. I'm like yeah, but one of their employees found it and purchased 2. So full of BS. I have 2 on order and won't be chasing this abysmal prototype this time. I really hope it and the Luke flop so Hasbro can be creative with their Retro collection because these terrible figures are as big of the Retro Collection as the main figure offerings.
I was totally thinking if they want worthwhile exclusives, give us the alt card backs with alt versions of the figs. Like Luke Gunner with brown hair, Brown Snake Yoda on full body card, light colored Boba on Skiff card. Etc. same amount of tooling but no fancy card art.

Reaction score
...or potf/coin carded, where "excl" cost is in the card/coin, not fig itself or its paint aps.

Reaction score
I went to two stores that showed in stock. One store I got a kid to bring them out and I picked two of the color combinations I liked. I noticed one had a damaged corner so I found the same kid and asked for a different one. He went back, but the dept manager followed him this time and took the two out of my hands. Dammit!! Street dated for the 24th, but NOT registered blocked. The 2nd store they could not find them. Oh well...I aint giving up. Trying again tomorrow!

Reaction score
I went to two stores that showed in stock. One store I got a kid to bring them out and I picked two of the color combinations I liked. I noticed one had a damaged corner so I found the same kid and asked for a different one. He went back, but the dept manager followed him this time and took the two out of my hands. Dammit!! Street dated for the 24th, but NOT registered blocked. The 2nd store they could not find them. Oh well...I aint giving up. Trying again tomorrow!

I say let them choke on the piece of **** exclusive, that way, hopefully, they won't waste exclusive slots on gimmick figures.

Reaction score
Not chasing them anymore. I'll be unloading my complete sets of all of them one day. Not a fan. I was caught up in the hype. I prefer anything else OT Retro related.

Reaction score
Not chasing them anymore. I'll be unloading my complete sets of all of them one day. Not a fan. I was caught up in the hype. I prefer anything else OT Retro related.
I got 4 of the 6 and used the $10 off. But I agree Luke should be the last one.

Reaction score
I dont have a lot of experience with this stuff, but is brickseek pretty reliable? my store is showing out of stock but like, is there a chance they DO have it?

Reaction score
I dont have a lot of experience with this stuff, but is brickseek pretty reliable? my store is showing out of stock but like, is there a chance they DO have it?
Ok here's the current situation, and I hope it helps everyone not familiar with how to use Brickseek and Popfindr.
Brickseek works only for Walmart, NOT Target. it's supposed to, but it doesn't.
Popfindr works for Target but ONLY IF it has a dedicated DCPI#. Assortments like TVC WILL NOT WORK THIS WAY!
1657811051795.png
POPfindr uses the TCIN number, NOT the DCPI. It used to, but it no longer works that way.
You should be able to find Chewbacca that way!

Good Luck on your hunts!