Chewbacca - HS

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the new Chewbacca figure from the 3 inch Han Solo movie line. Thoughts on this figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the rifle and the bandoleer, but for the prices they're charging here for 5 POA, I'll have to hope they actually make a new Solo TVC Chewie at some point.

Reaction score
I'll pick up this Chewie and give all the gear to one of the many SA Chewies I have.

Reaction score
Shame this wasn't his TLJ outfit, I may have bought this with a Porg, but that figure was boring and the sculpt wasn't anything i want to own. This one at least looks better.

Reaction score
Finally a Chewbacca with a legitimate difference in his appearance.

Reaction score
I like the rifle and the bandoleer, but for the prices they're charging here for 5 POA, I'll have to hope they actually make a new Solo TVC Chewie at some point.
looks to me like it might be possible to take off his bandoliers.

Reaction score
looks to me like it might be possible to take off his bandoliers.
Finally! I've always hate the VOTC figure for having that "spot" where it's attached to his chest. But it's not like Hasbro concerns themselves with customizers, right. lol

Finally a Chewbacca with a legitimate difference in his appearance.
How so? Has he ever not been different in appearance, by adding a slightly differently looking accessory? Or snow covered look?

Reaction score
Finally! I've always hate the VOTC figure for having that "spot" where it's attached to his chest. But it's not like Hasbro concerns themselves with customizers, right. lol

How so? Has he ever not been different in appearance, by adding a slightly differently looking accessory? Or snow covered look?
As far as screen appearance goes this is the first Chewie with a different "costume".

Reaction score
From a FB group, apparently there's a variant of this figure, with the sculpted bandolier being the corrected version:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They should do another running change with a pair of goggles! I picked it up, but haven't opened it yet - I don't want to open any of these until we know whats coming in the home release multipack.

Reaction score
I stole the bandolier for a SA Chewy. I may go for the roaring Chewy next.

Reaction score
Really liking the headsculpt! I just wish it came with attachable goggles.
are you crazy? They’ll release a separate Chewie with goggles haha why make it an accessory? They know we are all nutty enough to buy a new one with goggles. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll have windblown effects or something too. Could be part of the home dvd pack. Han in fur coat, Chewie with goggles, a Range Trooper with activated boots and something else. Watch...

Reaction score
are you crazy? They’ll release a separate Chewie with goggles haha why make it an accessory? They know we are all nutty enough to buy a new one with goggles. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll have windblown effects or something too. Could be part of the home dvd pack. Han in fur coat, Chewie with goggles, a Range Trooper with activated boots and something else. Watch...
if the 4th would be an imperial bike trooper. that'd be the best dvd/blu ray/home entertainment 4 pk :p

but after the TLJ 4pk effort, (OK 3 of the 4 were somewhat reasonable, but rey? c'mon force image luke in her place would've made it better) i'd rather not bother speculating what the Solo 4pk would be

Reaction score
Rumor has it the bike Trooper is being released along with a Dreyden Vos. They just aren’t certain what wave. Hopefully wave 3 to include some actual Solo figures...in the Solo movie release waves.

I fear wave 4 will end up another EE exclusive wave. That’s the best one with Val, Rio, mud trooper, Tobias Beckett and Quay Tolsoy.

Reaction score
From a FB group, apparently there's a variant of this figure, with the sculpted bandolier being the corrected version:

Spotted the variant today and picked it up. I wonder how quickly they replaced it? All the Chewie figures I've seen until today were the original bandolier. Its certainly a big improvement.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the deco on his "forehead" is also different. The older version had nearly no dark wash on the forehead, while the new version has a full wash, matching the darker paint around the eyes.

Reaction score
This gun is so much cooler than the bowcaster.

Blasphemy...I know.

Reaction score
Couple questions from the 5POA-is-not-OK gallery:
1 - Will this mold fit in the Scout Walker? I wasted $60 MSRP on a walker that seemingly will not fit a single modern Chewie.
2 - Any bandolier interchangability with either the CW or the TLJ Chewies?

Reaction score
Has anyone else found it difficult-impossible to get this Chewie (the 5POA, not HothHan's awesome custom) to hold his gosh darn blaster? I bent his four fingers back to the point there's a stress line in the plastic if you look at the palm of his hand, and it still doesn't stay.

JVM

Reaction score
Has anyone else found it difficult-impossible to get this Chewie (the 5POA, not HothHan's awesome custom) to hold his gosh darn blaster? I bent his four fingers back to the point there's a stress line in the plastic if you look at the palm of his hand, and it still doesn't stay.
I broke a few Vintage Collection releases back in the day trying to force stuck joints so I'm terrified to even get to that point; I see no concievable way to fit the blaster in his hands. I have Mimban Chewbacca holding it for now and I'll figure something else out but imo it's an incredible lazy oversight.

Reaction score
Yeah, you'd think that no one plays with these things during product testing...

Are they hiring?! :grin:

I think it's due to Hasbro sculpting the hand to look like it isn't specific to doing one thing. back in the day it was sculpted to just hold the blaster, and even then didn't do a very good job of it. Then about the time of the PT, they started making the hands look like their pointing, while being able to hold a weapon. Or actually being able to use the trigger figure, which I'm about 50/50 on. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

What really annoys me is that one hand is like the steel you mention, while the other one is too pliable and won't hold anything. Or is sculpted wide open rendering it useless.

Reaction score
I really like the lead sculpt on the 5 POA Chewy, so I'm currently contemplating swapping the head onto TVC Chewy as well as the Bandoleer.

Reaction score
I really like the lead sculpt on the 5 POA Chewy, so I'm currently contemplating swapping the head onto TVC Chewy as well as the Bandoleer.
Agreed. I initially passed on all the recent 5POA stuff, and am kind of kicking myself as I'm scrambling to pick it all up now. It is nice, however, finding pieces here and there on deep discount.