Chewbacca (ESB) & C-3PO w/Removable Limbs

Reaction score
Hasbro sent out a sneak peek of what might be some of the ESB 40th Anniversary Figures.
Chewbacca w/ Cargo Net and C-3PO w/ Removable limbs.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-10-03-black-series-empire-strikes-back-chewbacca-and-c-3po-have-leaked/[/FONT]

Reaction score
Hasbro sent out a sneak peek of what might be some of the ESB 40th Anniversary Figures.
Chewbacca w/ Cargo Net and C-3PO w/ Removable limbs.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-10-03-black-series-empire-strikes-back-chewbacca-and-c-3po-have-leaked/
Been wanting this kind of figure in 6" for a while. Sweet!

Reaction score
Yakface has better images of the Chewie & 3P0 set. Really nice!

Reaction score
The Chewie/3PO back pack will look good next to Bespin Escape Leia!

Can Lobot and Ugnaughts be far off?

GNT

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for C-3po with removable limbs, great idea for a set.

Reaction score
This one doesn’t feel like a must-have to me. Might pass on it initially and see if I can get lucky on clearance.

Reaction score
Also of note - Chewie's hair is a little extra ruffled?

As compared to the more slicked back look of the ANH figure?

My point is, this is feeling pretty damn cool.
I like the wiring coming out of 3PO'd arms too!

I would spend $40 on this, maybe 50? :disgusted: :awesome:

Reaction score
It's nice that we can now have an OT Chewie with more of a closed mouth compared to the open mouth ANH version. It's nice to have options now. I know the ST Chewie's mouth is closed but I never cared for the color tone too much. Didn't seem right to me.

Reaction score
Two figures I didn't think I needed more versions of... but now I have to have these. This looks really cool!

Reaction score
I can't emphasize enough how much I'm looking forward to this set! Been waiting patiently for this one. It will be nice to set up a display with Bespin Escape Leia, Lando, R-2 and a bunch of Stormtroopers chasing them. :)

Reaction score
I want it. I don't have a C-3P0 so this will work. Probably will be my 4th Chewbacca but oh well. I think it is good for an exclusive.

Reaction score
3P0's eyes turn red depending on temperature according to the press release, similar to the Dryden figure

Reaction score
EDIT ^^^^ Never mind lol was referring to the Rise Of Skywalker figure (posted in wrong thread!)

Reaction score
I just placed my order. I had an Amazon gift card with $15 left so I put it to good use.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered mine! So much stuff going up today! All we're missing now is Walgreens Obi-Wan, Spirit Yoda, Walmart Jedi Luke, & C-3PO/Babu to go live!

Reaction score
Pre-ordered. I don't collect much 6" stuff but it's a nice set. I'll gladly upgrade my Chewie and sell off the ANH version.

Reaction score
Didn't hesitate and pre-ordered as soon as I saw it on Amazon. We really needed this to complete the ESB group of figures. But, I do hope that someday we get an Archive Bespin Luke with photo real tech.

Reaction score
Didn't hesitate and pre-ordered as soon as I saw it on Amazon. We really needed this to complete the ESB group of figures. But, I do hope that someday we get an Archive Bespin Luke with photo real tech.
Agreed, I got into 6" late in the game and decided I was going to have an ESB focused collection. Bespin Luke will be my Luke. Right now the only one I have is the recent Stormtrooper Luke. I do plan on getting Jedi Luke...but I love that costume and he'll probably end up being my only ROTJ Luke.

Photo real Bespin Luke as an Archive figure please!

GNT

Reaction score
Preordered this one, I've always liked this combo of both characters.

Reaction score
Here's hoping this Chewie has improved arm articulation compared to the original one. The range of motion on the elbows of the original make it difficult to get natural looking 2 handed poses with the bowcaster.

Reaction score
I don’t get this at all. What’s wrong with the ANH version?
I haven't looked at the pics too closely, but the Solo Chewie fixed some issues with the mold/articulation and I'm hoping those fixes were carried over to this release. Namely the torso was improved. I've seen some customs converting the Solo Chewie into an OT Chewie because of the head and torso.