Chewbacca (ANH) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Chewbacca (ANH) - Pipeline Reveal from the Fan First Wednesday Livestream 02.09.22. Archive Line 2022 Wave 2. Re-issue of Blue Line #04.

Chewbacca.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday, June 1st at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Kids and collectors alike can imagine the biggest battles and missions in the STAR WARS saga with STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES ARCHIVE 6-INCH CHEWBACCA figure. The 6-inch-scale figure is detailed to look like the Chewbacca character from STARS WARS: A NEW HOPE, featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation. Faithful First Mate and co-pilot Chewbacca has loyally stood by his captain’s side through the twisting fortunes of a galaxy in turmoil.

Fans and collectors can display this fully articulated figure featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco, in their collection. This STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES ARCHIVE figure comes with 1 entertainment-inspired accessory.

Press Images

Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Carded-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Carded-1.jpg

Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Chewbacca-ANH-Archive-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Never really liked the arm articulation for holding the bowcaster, but he looks good lurking/menacing behind Han.
Wish they'd given us a Hoth Chewie last year though. Just painting his nose won't cut it - needs the wild hair. I'm hoping we get an RotJ Chewie with his new haircut and a slab of meat next year.

Reaction score
Again, customizer fodder potential - Black Krrrsatan anyone? Unless they give us that one before, of course.
And yes, happy for those who don't have him.
If Mezco ever got the Star Wars license I wish they would do furry Wookie characters in their One12 series. Chewbacca and Krrsatan would be at the top of my list.

Reaction score
Alongside my regularly collecting, I also have a small Chewie-focused collection. I might get one to keep carded for that little grouping.

Reaction score
Weird choice. ANH Chewie was always oversized which is why Solo and ESB Chewie were shortened to be the proper scale. I know the Archive series is about “release old sculpts the way they always were,” but we really need the ANH head on the new body and not just a rerelease of the original figure.

Reaction score
Is Chewie a figure that's hard to find these days? The carded ESB one is still everywhere here, and he's not a figure I've heard people say they're finding hard to get. This particular archive wave just seems off to me.

Reaction score
Is Chewie a figure that's hard to find these days? The carded ESB one is still everywhere here, and he's not a figure I've heard people say they're finding hard to get. This particular archive wave just seems off to me.
The ANH version is much harder to find than the ESB version and there are differences in the way he looks in the two films, most notably the hair around his head and face.

Reaction score
Very glossy.

Did they fix the height on this one? Wasn't this Chewie a bit too tall, and Hasbro removed a middle section for the ESB Chewie to correct the height?

The only ANH Chewie I have is the Figuarts version (which is a bit too short).

GNT

Reaction score
It’s nice to see Chewbacca back on the shelves, feels like it’s been ages since he last popped up.

Reaction score
Very glossy.

Did they fix the height on this one? Wasn't this Chewie a bit too tall, and Hasbro removed a middle section for the ESB Chewie to correct the height?

The only ANH Chewie I have is the Figuarts version (which is a bit too short).

Nope, same three segment torso as the original. I would have been in if they had just used the ANH head and the ESB body.

Reaction score
I disagree with all of you. Exactly the correct height, if original.

With this release there is fodder for custom Black Santas/Tarffuls/other wookies - this is a welcome release IMO - if only I had any skills in those regards ...

Reaction score
I disagree with all of you. Exactly the correct height, if original.

With this release there is fodder for custom Black Santas/Tarffuls/other wookies - this is a welcome release IMO - if only I had any skills in those regards ...

1660415672395.png

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has ever "opened" the tall/3 segmented-waist Chewie.
I'd love to get a look at the externals of this one to see if removing a segment would be doable and not make him too short.
(Although I guess that would give us a teen-wookie..lol).

Reaction score
Weird choice. ANH Chewie was always oversized which is why Solo and ESB Chewie were shortened to be the proper scale. I know the Archive series is about “release old sculpts the way they always were,” but we really need the ANH head on the new body and not just a rerelease of the original figure.

I never realized this. I only kept the ESB Chewie that came in a 2-pack with 3PO so I never realized the other ones were different as I sold them before getting the 2-pack.