Checklist of figures listed by COO - does one exist?

Reaction score
The point at which my loose collection has gotten to made me start thinking - does there exist anywhere a list of loose figures by COO? I know of several places to find various cardbacks released in various countries, and lists that show all variants of a figure's COO, but haven't dug up any definitive list by COO (all figures released with a given COO).

For an easy example, take Takara - there are (as far as I know) exactly 3 figures with a Japan COO - the Takara Vader, Stoomtrooper, and C-3PO. So a checklist would look like:

COO: Japan
  • Darth Vader
  • C-3PO
  • Stoomtrooper

But I've become curious in my hunt for various COO variants - how to proceed in a fairly organized manner? Going by COO seemed a likely avenue...maybe track down every figure with a Taiwan COO next for instance. I realize some variants won't adhere well to such an approach, Lili Ledy variants often using HK overstock, etc.

So to that end I was wondering if anyone had ever organized the variants by which COO comprises which figures, rather than which figures have any/all of a given COO? Or is this something to grit my teeth and slog through myself? Or does this even seem a thoroughly ludicrous fashion by which to organize and collect a loose figure collection?

Reaction score
Brenn to the rescue again. Corporate that's the one I was talking about- Mirco's (Mike Skywalkers's list from the German forum )

HWR

Reaction score
This is indeed a very great chart. Only missing one thing imo, Taiwan should have been split up in "Taiwan" and "made in Taiwan".

Reaction score
That list was compiled in 2006, so an update and correction could be helpful if you up for it Henrik :). You can make an addendum, so you don't have to write the whole list, just the differences between Taiwan and Made in Taiwan :whistling:.

HWR

Reaction score
That list was compiled in 2006, so an update and correction could be helpful if you up for it Henrik :). You can make an addendum, so you don't have to write the whole list, just the differences between Taiwan and Made in Taiwan :whistling:.
Would love to make an update of this chart, but believe Wolff is better suited for this task, as I don't collect coo variations unless there is a clearly visible differnce between the figures. So actually, I'm not 100% sure which figures comes with "Taiwan", "made in Taiwan" or both coo.

Reaction score
I think: 'Made in Taiwan' : Leia ANH, Chewy, R2, Vader, Bib, Scout, ERG, Madine, Leia Boussh, Luke Jedi
Taiwan: Luke ANH, Vader ( the only one that has both?) Fett, Ackbar, ATST, Rancor keeper, Ree Yees, Wicket, Teebo

Reaction score
You could also add the No Date No COO category along the top, because along with Paploo and Lumat you can find Imperial Commander like this. It's a good resource and must've taken some time to put together.

Reaction score
Yarp, running through even my meager collection with this chart has revealed a few omissions, so I was thinking about making an update myself...although it most likely wouldn't be as comprehensive as some might be able since my COO variant collection is very far from complete.

I did notice the 'Taiwan' vs "Made In Taiwan," as well as "China" having both raised bar and standard lettering. Also a little confused as to what constitutes 'melted' vs 'raised bar' when it comes to some of the 'cleaner' deletions of the COO...not a sharp edged raised bar, but looks very uniformly routered out, unlike the messy 'melted' no COO figures.

I was also thinking of distinguishing by country of release/company name, such as Glasslite, Top Toys, Lili Ledy, etc. Since, for example, some Lili Ledy share Kenner COO, but have variations with paint or accessories. In my opinion, this makes them very different figure variants, but would show up as one on a strict COO list.

I don't seriously think I'll ever truly collect all variants, but it has gotten to the point where I need some way to keep better track of exactly what I have somehow!

Given I don't have all the time in the world here, maybe I'll start with a basic expandable template (Excel or the like) and share it so anyone can fill in and make adjustments. Unless someone else has already gotten back into such a project?