CHARACTER - Doctor Who

Reaction score
Got my Pop! K-9 from a brick-and-mortar Gamestop on my last trip to Nashville (my hometown). The box wasn't completely perfect but about 95% so. Not too shabby. Now, on to Sarah Jane, who is not an exclusive and widely available. I've just been lazy (and short of funds). Collecting is a ridiculously expensive endeavor, especially when you collect across various genres.

Reaction score
Ordered spacesuit Doc and Rusty from WhoNA. Is there any word on more 3.75" figures? Seems like announcements have been quiet for awhile.

Reaction score
Ordered spacesuit Doc and Rusty from WhoNA. Is there any word on more 3.75" figures? Seems like announcements have been quiet for awhile.
I think the weird break the show is taking just kills all momentum for the toys. We still have to get the 8th Doctor and the Missy figures that were shown what, two years ago on Al Dewar's twitter? The other problem is that the BBC won't let the toys get produced in advance, so they can be released coinciding with the episodes. Instead we get last year's toys much later. (Or in the case of Missy and 8th Doctor, 3 years later if we even get them).

Reaction score
I came across 2 Rusty at a Barnes and Noble for $11.95 each. I've been at that store maybe 4 times in the last 7 months, another BaN another handful of times, and this is the first trace I've seen of the wave in a US brick and mortar. (Thank-you whona...)

Character Options dove into this scale to attract the US market and it's a shame it's not working out.

Reaction score
I came across 2 Rusty at a Barnes and Noble for $11.95 each. I've been at that store maybe 4 times in the last 7 months, another BaN another handful of times, and this is the first trace I've seen of the wave in a US brick and mortar. (Thank-you whona...)

Character Options dove into this scale to attract the US market and it's a shame it's not working out.
Interesting. What's weird is that the places who carried them, sold them. Even the Zygons are gone from TRU. All of the pegwarming Amy's and 10th Doctors were clearanced out of Walgreens, but even when they were full price you couldn't find a Dalek after the first couple weeks. Barnes & Noble got the "Green coat Doctor" wave and sold them out. I think WhoNA burning through the figures from the new wave. (Except Cyber-Danny and purple shirt Doctor), so clearly there is some kind of market for them.

Reaction score
I agree there's a market. But is it enough?

Something caused the likes of Walgreen's and ToysRUs to pull support. Were sales just insufficient for their liking? Did distributor Underground Toys decide to hitch their wagon (and effort) to Star Wars and Marvel? How much did the repaints and Character Options' figure selection hurt? Did the BBC's policy of allowing CO to release merchandise only well after they made their screen debut undermine sales?

Reaction score
I agree there's a market. But is it enough?

Something caused the likes of Walgreen's and ToysRUs to pull support. Were sales just insufficient for their liking? Did distributor Underground Toys decide to hitch their wagon (and effort) to Star Wars and Marvel? How much did the repaints and Character Options' figure selection hurt? Did the BBC's policy of allowing CO to release merchandise only well after they made their screen debut undermine sales?
I think it's all of the above. TRU over-stocked the first couple waves, and the coolest figures were in Waves 3 and 4. I don't see how Walgreens could feel burned, those things, especially the Daleks, sold pretty well. Their main problem is that as you said, they don't strike when the iron is hot. They should have relevant figures ready to go when the show is airing. Kids see the Mummy episode and then there's no figure out for a year, it's kinda silly.

Reaction score
That is one of the best shots of the figure that I've seen!

Very cool Tardis! Did you make it yourself?

Thank! Yes, I built that tardis from balsa wood. It's not 100% accurate to any particular tardis (though it's meant to be a classic series model), I made it somewhat generic so it can be used with almost any doctor. The door sign is swappable for different color combinations, and the doors open.

Love your customs btw!

Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of 3 3/4 Doctors at Game stop for Under $3.00 each. Just wish they others ones then the Doctors.

Reaction score
Thank! Yes, I built that tardis from balsa wood. It's not 100% accurate to any particular tardis (though it's meant to be a classic series model), I made it somewhat generic so it can be used with almost any doctor. The door sign is swappable for different color combinations, and the doors open.
Brilliant, it looks better than the CO ones, yours is real wood!

Love your customs btw!
Cheers!

Reaction score
I didn't know you were a Whovian! :)
My son is, I picked them up because the are 3 3/4 scale, but they will probably end up going in his collection, Although Ill admit I have watch some episodes with him and I enjoyed them. (as much as you can being that their British television) LOL. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of 3 3/4 Doctors at Game stop for Under $3.00 each. Just wish they others ones then the Doctors.
Was just going to say - I picked up some figures for Star Wars customs yesterday at a local Gamestop for 97 cents each.

Reaction score
Wasn't me, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Someone released an internet book a while back covering Doctors 1-4 with customised backdrops and companions. I cant find it now but if I do I'll post a link. A Sara Kingdom companion figure was made, amongst others, and was really impressive.

Reaction score
Found some Dr. Who Christmas lights on clearance and noticed they were about the right size for the 3.75" figures. I may paint them in a more blue-ish gray, but for the most part, I like them.

Reaction score
Got a crazy good deal on WhoNA for the Pyramids of Mars Fourth Doctor and the unmasked Sutekh with two mummies set - $25.95 for both. Also tacked on two sets of trading cards for $5.00 each. I'm a sucker for a good sale.

Reaction score
What does everybody think of the new 5.5 inch 10th Doctor in Tuxedo and two hooded 12th Doctors?
Always glad to have a new 10th Doctor. While the 12th is a new sculpt, the repainted deco are different enough to be desirable for me.