CHARACTER - Doctor Who

Reaction score
I've been looking on ebay for months but keep getting pipped to the post. On another matter...

I went back to Argos today to complain about the price reduction of the Doctor Who 'Into the Dalek' set from £49.99 to £24.99. they advised they couldn't just give me a refund as the package was now opened. I pointed out that as I had to return for several replacement parts (The black Dalek had missing screw covers and there was powdery stuff on a part of the hoverdisk) the manager agreed to refund me but it wasn't usual for them to refund based on a price reduction. Purchasers beware! If you don't get anywhere on speaking to the adviser, ask for the manager, and then threaten Trading Standards! Good Luck!

Reaction score
a buddy of mine from the UK hooked me up with the into Dialek playset. he's hoping to ship it out to me this week so I'm hoping to have it by the end of next week or sometime the first week of August. I'm planning on making it into a SW playset changing the viewports to show either a space battle, Imperial invasion, or just a shot of the Death Star. not sure yet.

Reaction score
Got my Into The Dalek set today. (thanks Mark!)

For those who were wondering: Capaldi figure is the same as the regular release. It's possible the jacket was made out of a slightly differently colored plastic (it looked almost brownish depending on the light) but the sculpt is the same. The figure was even slightly bowl-legged like some of the original carded releases.

Here are a couple pics of the all new figs, Rusty the Dalek and the new Clara. My main beef with the Clara (and the Amy Pond figs as well) is that they don't have hip joints of some kind. Under the skirt they could put a ball joint or just a hinge joint (like the Avatar 3.75" figures had) and it would help to put them in a natural pose. They look a bit knock-kneed.

Remember you can click to embiggen the pics.

The moving Rusty seemed to glide right around my TARDIS, so I made a short video, hehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXKriaVA1vA

Last edited:
Reaction score
So cool! I wasn't sure before, but now I think I need this.
5 figures and a hoverbout AND the dio, it's worth the 24.99 pounds. It's about $39. Plus it's the Wave 1 Dalek, which is hard to find, the Black Dalek (also not easy to find), the moving Rusty (which worked better than I imagined) the new Clara, and the 12th Doc. (not so hard to find, hehe).

Reaction score
Amazon US is sold out of the 3 3/4" scale TARDIS, and Amazon UK won't ship to the US- I'm curious how common are they in the UK? I'd love to pick one up, loose or used would be great.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok, I am confused... so please forgive me but I am just starting out here collecting Dr Who even tho I am a long time fan, I was not aware there was stuff out there.

These photos are of the 5'inch line, I am correct? If so, who has these or did I miss the boat? :'( I am also confused in the sense that I see different type packaging for different Dr Who toys, so I take it these are lines that are not in production anymore am I correct? How do I establish or learn and educate myself on the various product offers that have come out?

thank you in advance, I am so trying to learn here

Reaction score
They started a 5" line around the time the show was revived with Christopher Eccleston. I never bought a single one because I only collect 3.75" figs. In 2013 they started releasing 3.75" figures. There's a pretty good index here:

Doctor Who Toys

Reaction score
The US company Underground partnered Character (I think) to promote more classic era 5inch Who figures, from season 2 of the classic range onwards, while the Nuwho figures were concurrent with the TV series. It looks like now that partnership is still in place, if not, Underground being the lead for 5inch, hence the exclusivity. Not sure if Underground have anything to do with the 3.75' figures. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Well... I found something I like and wanted.. found on amzn the Seeds of Doom Collectors set which man I have watched DVD many times over and never get tired of it lol. I am happy with the set, I got a kick out of the pop they include, in fact the silly looking Krynoid looks pretty good lol

so happy to get it!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im a big fan of the titans vinyl figures....if anyone has any they are selling let me know.
I have a few extras from the geronimo collection for trades.

Reaction score
has there been any news on if the 3.75" line is going to continue or not. I haven't see the figures in the stores since last year and I'm hearing rumors that this line like the Popco Harry Potter line is going to be overseas exclusive only. I really hope that they continue the line and bring it here to the states as well.

Reaction score
has there been any news on if the 3.75" line is going to continue or not. I haven't see the figures in the stores since last year and I'm hearing rumors that this line like the Popco Harry Potter line is going to be overseas exclusive only. I really hope that they continue the line and bring it here to the states as well.
Haven't heard anything like that. New wave isn't out in England yet.

Reaction score
As much as I hated trying to track down these figures. I agree, I'd like it to continue as well. It added much needed diversity to the already dwindling 3.75 lines.
While I do have nitpicks, as with any line. Overall it is a neat line for fodder.

Speaking of HP, I loathed trying to find those figures... In the end, those were almost $20 each just to get over here. Some a little more.

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything like that. New wave isn't out in England yet.
no new line is not out yet latest we got is the into dalek set which features the new rusty electronic dalek and the new Carla its a great set and only 25 pounds currently.

Reaction score
What's really getting on my wick at the moment is there is a buy one get one half price deal on Dr Who figures, but my local TRU only restocks wave 3 at the moment!!������
The deal could be to get rid of said fodder and then floodgates will open with an abundance of wave 4 figures. Yeah, right!
Here's hoping for a break soon.

GNT

Reaction score
Was going to pick up the 5" collector Missy but doing a price conversion it worked out pretty pricy. :(

Reaction score
Al Dewar tweeted out a hint about upcoming 3.75" Doctor Who figures, and the hint was the word "thirteen" in Latin. Some think this means we'll be getting a 13 Doctors set in that scale. Just the idea makes me a bit giddy.

Another tweet had the lineup for Wave 5, which he described as 6 all new figures:

12th Doc w/ Maroon Jacket/Blue pants/Waistcoat
8th Doctor
Purple Dress Missy
Neo Skaro Mk1 Dalek
Dalek Invasion of Earth Dalek
The Chase "Worthy Guests" Dalek

Last edited:
Reaction score
So these are a TRU Exclusive now? I'd like to get the Spacesuit figure, some nice custom fodder there.

Reaction score
Stopped into my local ToysrUs and was surprised to find a Dr Who undergound toys 10th Doctor 5" figure, picked one up, very happy with how he looks!

Reaction score
So these are a TRU Exclusive now? I'd like to get the Spacesuit figure, some nice custom fodder there.
I don't think that's the case in the US. What's also strange is that I thought there was another UK store that used the same figs in their ad. ASDA?

Reaction score
Might have been Argos. But given the fact wave 4b is STILL NOT OUT its really getting annoying.
Have I mentioned they're STILL NOT OUT!

One good point is the 5.5 inch range coming out at TRU so we wait for a release date for them all...

Not out!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well Koth, looks like Wave 4b is going to be a TRU Exclusive in the UK after all. Wonder what that means for the US. I want a few of those surpreme daleks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw this one out there...

3.75" Missy variant, unspecified wave (possibly 5), acquired from a private seller dealing in prototypes. Offers considered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully not the one that was stolen from Toyfair?
Yeesh ! Hadn't heard that one got lifted. NYTF ? Seller was in HK, have used them before - don't *think* there is any connection. Any more details ?

EDIT: Ah..I understand that the figure stolen was a red-domed Dalek from the repainted Patrol Ship set...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well Koth, looks like Wave 4b is going to be a TRU Exclusive in the UK after all. Wonder what that means for the US. I want a few of those surpreme daleks.
They're still not out. Rumour on DWTV is Friday, with the 5 inch being released on the 9th. We'll see.

Edit:
Anyone care to take a guess at what colour scheme a Neo Skaro Mk1 Dalek has?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeesh ! Hadn't heard that one got lifted. NYTF ? Seller was in HK, have used them before - don't *think* there is any connection. Any more details ?

EDIT: Ah..I understand that the figure stolen was a red-domed Dalek from the repainted Patrol Ship set...
I thought I remembered Al Dewar saying a missy was lifted, but I could be merging several tweets. Carry on, hehe. ;)