Central Louisiana

Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors. I wanted to ask if any of you out there live in the Central Louisiana area or close to it? It'd be great to maybe start a Star Wars collecting club, meet new collectors, buy, sell or trade items and just get together for a fun time. Let me know if any of you would be interested and leave a response. Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm not from central but southeast LA. I usually travel through to Shreveport for work. I mainly collect vintage carded SW. Nice to know another Louisiana SW collector.

Reaction score
Living in central LA has its good and bad points for Star Wars collectors. We don't always get items in a timely fashion (and we don't have a Toys-R-Us
), but we also don't have to fight a horde of collectors for stuff when we do get it. I found one case of the Naboo/Endor wave at the Pineville Wal-Mart, and the Alexandria Target has the snowspeeders in stock.

Reaction score
HI Raven, and nice to meet you. I collect mainly modern Hasbro products myself, but my passion has always been vintage. Thanks also for the update Swamp Jedi, and BTW that Target Snowspeeder is one sweet ride.

Reaction score
Is Q93 still the station to listen to down there? When I was in high school 12 years ago they played all the jams. Beck - Loser, Dead Eye [censored] - New Age Girl, Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels...I lived in Union Parish so the only time we could pick it up was late at night.

Reaction score
hello all I live in Lafyatte and love starwars I actually recently just started collecting Star Wars hardcore. I have a great army or clone troops rebel endor troops and battle droids. I Scored for christmas, my wife got my the new AAT, Kit Fistos Star Fighter, and the IMperial Shuttle. My parents got me the Hellfire Droid, and Darth Vaders tie fighter! I was really excited! So how lives in Lafayette and near by?

Reaction score
Nothing, nothing, nothing!!! It's as dry as the Jundland Wastes here. Hopefully, Wave 3 will start to show up in decent numbers before Wave 4. So far, the Alexandria Target is the only place that I have found new figures...it appears they received single cases of Wave 3 and Saga Legends several weeks ago. Oh well, I did pick up a Tusken Raider ornament at the Pineville Hallmark Gold Crown store on Saturday.

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Swamp_Jedi. I totally agree that nothing is out there. I mean for a 30th anniversary of such a beloved movie there should be new toys readily available. But, at least it helps me and I'm sure others to save those extra pennies for when the new stuff does hit.
Take care...