Central Illinois finds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The_Esteemed_Ewok_Hunter said:
Found the new Comic packs in Springfield at Target. Luckily they just put them out as I needed 2 sets.
Got the Fel / Hobbie set a couple of weeks ago, but it's nice to know our Target's getting something!

Reaction score
Found the new Comic packs in Springfield at Target. Luckily they just put them out as I needed 2 sets.
I guess Im always a day late, hu?

Reaction score
Perfect timing in Springfield Target again! Worker was walking down the aisle with a case of wave 7 as I turned the corner. Told her I'll put them up as I was going to buy 10 of 12
Great day to go shopping!

Reaction score
Perfect timing in Springfield Target again! Worker was walking down the aisle with a case of wave 7 as I turned the corner. Told her I'll put them up as I was going to buy 10 of 12
Looks like I'm always two day late, hu?

Reaction score
jodo said:
I think they were waiting for you to leave town before putting new things out

Reaction score
jodo said:
I think they were waiting for you to leave town before putting new things out
LOL.....*Whatches Jodo walk out the door and get in car*
"Alright guys, get to opening the cases, we gotta get 'em all out before he gets back!"

Reaction score
There must of been a mistake at our WM, because there was one side of an entire island full of SW figures. :O Its the most thats been there (Or a diffrent variety of figures anyway) sence ROTS came out. All the Sandtroopers where squad commanders though....Its all I can find,lol. I'm not looking to buy them per say, but I guess if I came across a non-leader one I'd proboly pick one up.

Reaction score
I found some stuff at Wally on Veterans PKWY over lunch...
They had two UGH Concept Boba Fetts and a Darktrooper...
I bought the darktrooper...
As I was typing I got a call from TK7503 and was told that the Wally on the westside has the Malek/Revan wave there...

Run kids run!!!

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this site, I met a fellow collector from Morton Il today and we went on a toy run, but anyway he was the one that told me that I should check out this site. Normally I post on Sirstevesguide, but I thought that I would look into this site. There are a lot more people from Il on this site than there are on the sirsteves.

When we where out earlier we went to Target and they did not have anything. I decided to go back later because I noticed that they had soda on sale and I needed some for home anyway to get back to the point, I went back to the Star Wars section and there was a guy stocking the puzzles and he came over to me and said that they never have the ones that I need. Darth Revan and Darth Malak. So I asked him if they had any figures in the back. I was waiting for the reply that we cant bring stuff from the back, but he said I will look and see if we have anything. Sure enough he brought out a case of wave 7. So I got concept Han, ewoks, Anakin and Tycho. He also said that they had a bunch of cases in the back. The case was damaged and most of the figures cards are bent. Luckily Han's was not. So they should be putting out more in the next couple of days. Also Wm on Veterans and Market did not have anything. Farm and Fleet only had a ugh Marine. TRU did not have anything nor did Meijer but Meijer should be getting some this weekend according to a stocker in the toy dept. I also heard that Target had the new battle packs in yesterday.

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards lordvader97!

Thanks again for hooking me up with Darth Malak!

Along with not finding much on the Bloomington toy run yesterday, I did also go to Acme comics where the owner had put out some newer Star Wars stuff since last time I'd been there. He's now got

Vintage AT-AT $100
mediocre vintage Death Star Playset $60
Geonosis MISB playset $35
MISB Mustafar playset $35
loose ARC-170 $35
Loose Command Gunship $40
and a newer selection of vintage joes and star Wars loose figs, though his loose modern colection is down to the slimmest of pickins.

Anyway while I was there I got

1x vintage Nikto/no weapon - $5
1x vintage complete palace Klaatu -$5
1x tactical screen w/o Riekaan -$2 (sweet!)

I wanted teh 2 vintage figs since they are two that have yet to be made in the modern line. They will accentuate my modern Jabba's dio section of my collection.

EDIT: - I forgot I went to Wal-Mart last night in Pekin , and while they didn't have anything new, I was finally able to score the last of their Vader with Coin album sets on clearence for...........$1.35 after tax!

Reaction score
Work took me back to Bllomington today. Target had nothing left but a Lando and Torture rack Han. I went back to Acme comics and bought the command gunship. It was missing the tail gun and the two red missles that fire from the large wing cannons. Luckily those are two items that can still be ordered directly from Hasbros replacement parts page, all for only 2.50

Reaction score
Welcome to the goon platoon lordvader97...
Nice grab at Target...those guys are always a bunch of dongs to me...friggen Target...

Reaction score
Ok, so I'll ask again. Is anyone still looking for either McVader, Malak, or Revan. I have extras of each that I don't really need and will return to Wal-Mart if I have no takers. Let me know.

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:
Ok, so I'll ask again. Is anyone still looking for either McVader, Malak, or Revan. I have extras of each that I don't really need and will return to Wal-Mart if I have no takers. Let me know.
I'm not in need at this time, but thanks anyway. If you're looking to unload check the modern North American classifieds section. You will probably have bites in minutes due to the scarcity of these figures right now.

I picked up the Battlefront 2 clone pack at Acme comics in Peoria today for 29.99. They still had 2 left and 3 droid packs.

Nothing at Peoria Target
Full pegs at TRU, but nothing new worth noting.

Reaction score
Morton WalMart had 1 pre-cyborg Grievous left from the wave 5 revision case. I picked him up. I had been there 48 hours before and they had nothing of note. The whole case must've gone in one day, which is odd for Morton.

Reaction score
I bought the UGH gold coin Darktrooper the other day...and after reading the back of the card and seeing that the Darktrooper is a "super battle droid" I decided I could live without it...

...So...if any of you fellas on this thread are looking for a UGH Darktrooper LMK...1st come 1st served...exact cost...exact shipping...

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:
I bought the UGH gold coin Darktrooper the other day...and after reading the back of the card and seeing that the Darktrooper is a "super battle droid" I decided I could live without it...

...So...if any of you fellas on this thread are looking for a UGH Darktrooper LMK...1st come 1st served...exact cost...exact shipping...
It's pretty confusing though, especialy since under that, the card reads, "genetically engineered for combat" as if they were clones.

Reaction score
TerdVader said:
It's pretty confusing though, especialy since under that, the card reads, "genetically engineered for combat" as if they were clones.
I always thought the later phases were heavily 'borged / genetic engineered combination.

According to Wiki:

Wikipedia said:
Although Dark Troopers were originally introduced as extremely powerful Imperial Battle Droids, they would later be ret-conned, taking into account the purported superiority of creative clones over droids; the final product of the Dark Trooper program was said to be elite Imperial Stormtroopers wearing the Phase III armor as a powered exosuit, combining the advantages of both.

Reaction score
Found the Baron Fel comic two pack and the Galactic Heros Tarkin two pack over the weekend...

Reaction score
where did you find fel at? i have been looking for this two pack for a while.
also i have the following to trade
concept
han solo
darth vader
boba fett
snowtrooper x3
biker scout
darktrooper

looking for
concept
rebel trooper
padme
Voolvif Monn

Reaction score
Went to Peoria Target and TRU today.

Had both Endor and Hoth Ultimate Battlepacks no AT-RT set. Also had Bespin, coruscant clone, and Hunt for Grievous Battlepacks, 1 McSnowtrooper.

TRU had alot of new figures, mainly wave 4 and saga legends stuff. Probably 125+ figures, some McVaders.

I ended up with the Endor Battlepack from Target, and at TRU I got another set of maroon Battledroids, one coruscant clone commander,( which I make a grunt), and a EVO mold orange pauldron sandtrooper, which they had 3 or 4 more of.

ALl in all, a good hunt today!

Reaction score
East Peoria Wal Mart had new Saga Legends at 2 AM ( don't ask), I nabbed the orange pit droids. but left TC-14, maroon battle droids, and a biker scout among others. Oh, and the little black imperial droid.

Reaction score
Morton WalMart had remnants of wave 8 yesterday. I nabbed Voolvif Monn, and Kamino training clone trooper, leaving 2 Fireside gown Padme's on the pegs.

Pekin WalMart had the latest wave of comic packs.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Normal_guy...
I do only collect the bad guys...but I never did collect any Snowtroopers...Biker scouts or related vehicles...

Saved alot of space and $$$...

Thanks again all the same...

Reaction score
Bought my first figs since august today. Went to target first time also since augus and bought Mcquarrie general, Tatooine Biggs, and torture rack Han. I'll be buying more come christmas time but man i'm waaaaay behind this year more so than usual. All i want for christmas is enough money t catch up on figures and vehicles i dont have..

Reaction score
Oh and on a further note I did see my first in-store Mcquarrie figure. It was Vader, they had two of em.

Reaction score
A local collector...not on these threads...let me know that the Target exclusive battle packs are here in B-towm...

Reaction score
Target here in B-town had two Mcquarrie Snowtroopers over my lunch break...and plenty of the battlepacks left...

Reaction score
B-town lunch report...Wally has new Galactic heros...Target has the new titianum...nothing follows...

Reaction score
picked up endor battle pack, and over the weekend i found baron fel and hobbie at a Wal-Mart in Evansville Indiana. other than that i have not see any of wave 7.5 or 8. has anyone seen the arc or the arc battle pack? Wal Mart on veterans put out a case of wave four and then some legends. i have not been to the west side wal mart in a little over a week but the last time i was there the pegs where full of legends. i might check there tonight.

Reaction score
Target had the Lego "TIE Crawler" and the mini booster hoth set over lunch...the battle packs are getting thin...

Reaction score
I met lordvader97 at Target today...nice to meet you in person...any love at Miejer?

Reaction score
It was nice to finally meet you as well. No I didn't find anything at MIEJER, did you find anything at TRU? I have hid a Darth Revan if anyone is interested in him i could pick him up and trade him for a concept rebel trooper if anyone has an extra one.

Reaction score
West side Wal-Mart in Bloomington has an UGH Luke, UGH Han and McVader if anyone is looking.

They also have the new comic packs.

Reaction score
no he meant the Hobbie and Fel wave, I thought that the Keller, Boba Fett and Purple Sandcrawler droid where suppose to be out in October but I have yet to see or hear of anyone finding them. I have been to both wal-marts west side and veterans this morning and the both had the Hobbie/Fel wave but nothing else.

Reaction score
I'm always glad to hear that many of you are having luck with finding figs...cause I'm sure not! It's frustrating!! I hit 3 different Wal-Marts and a Target throughout Indiana yesterday, and nothing!! You would've thought I'd have found at least 1 figure I needed. All 4 stores were filled with Legends. Seems like they're getting more Legends in lately than basic. I've seen remnants of wave 8, but I still haven't seen much from waves 6-7.5. And I'm still working on UGH, and that's exactly how I feel, ugh!
On another note, I bought that Target Ultimate Battle Pack yesterday, Hoth one. It was actually a Christmas present for me from my girlfriend, but she knew about the whole buying it with a Redcard and getting an entry for visit to Lucasfilm and since I have a REDcard (she doesn't), I had to buy it for myself. It's so cool! I told her $49 was a little pricey, but she "forced" me to get it! She's so great! Well, wish me luck in finding something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.