Central Illinois Finds

Reaction score
Re: Central Illinois Finds...

I saw somewhere k-mart was supposed to have star wars stuff half off but it's not in the online ad. Anyone still know?

I hope to check it out tomorrow. Dont have the money i wish i had for a new tv.

Reaction score

I know they have Indy and Batman 1/2 off...I think a few other brands too, but I didn't see SW in my ad.

I want a HD TV and Blu-ray player...But I'm not going to spend that kind of money, and I'm also not going out tomorro morning to get it. For a small town WM, the people out there are crazy. Here a few years ago one lady pulled some other ladies finger nails off.

Speaking of WM, it was open today, from like 7:00 to 5:00. Thats a first. Greedy frakkers.

Reaction score

I'm still looking for ANY TOD Indy figures, as well as Asaji and Dooku for Clone Wars. I just left Wal-Mart in Normal, but no luck.

Reaction score

I had to go to work this morning and did an early run on the east side Wally...I found the extra Grievous I was looking for...

...Bring on the 09 Spacetrooper and manga Guards...

Reaction score

Kind of a stretch....but does anyone have vintage or OTC Sandcrawler they would sell? PM me

Reaction score

Wal-Mart on Veterans had the new comic packs this afternoon, Vos and Faie, Luke and Emperor. Nothing else new though.

Reaction score

OMG...I just got done opening around 125 basic figures, and about 20 deluxe figures. I've got now about 200 (I'm guessing) basic figures to sell, and still about 30 deluxe ones. And then I've got about 80 carded figures I'm keeping MOC. For one thing, around 35 of them are POTJ or older. About 20 of them are "special" to me, and then the others are just one's they won't release again, but I have no need to open. (I'm looking at you Dex from Dex's Diner)

So two hours thirty mins., 4 fingers scaped till they bleed, and many cursings of SW is what it takes to get to the center of a-I meen....thats what it takes opening about 150 items.

Reaction score

III RRRRoooddee MMMyyy MMMoootttooorrrcccyyycccllleee tttooo ttthhheee ssshhhooopppp tttooo gggeeettt ttthhheee rrriiimmms ppppaaaiiinnnttteeeddd ttthhhiiisss aaafffttteeerrrnnnooonnn...ttthhhiiirrrtttyyy dddeeegggrrreeeeeesss bbbaaabbbyyy...

Reaction score

Nice TIE...can you feel your arms or legs anymore?

Reaction score

Awsome TIE! Ya got any pics. of your bike?

Opened about another 50 figures or so...So here's what my figure collection looks like now. :

Reaction score

Found the latest wave of the comic 2pks at east wally over lunch...luke/clone emperor wave...

Hey Jodo...heres my scooter...she looks a little different now...this picture was taken the day she was born/put together...

EDIT:
Jodo..on opening those figures...doesnt it just feel like youre finally doing the right thing...how many were mint on minty mint cards with a starcase even...

Embrace the Dark side Jodo...

...open them...open ALL of them...

Reaction score

Wow, that looks nice!

I opened most of 'em.

Centralia WM had the ROTS wave, and the repaints wave. I was talking to a collector guy there while going through the figures, and I almost missed a Jodo Kast at the very back of a top peg. So I picked him up, and while finishing talking to the guy, I looked at all the new ROTS figures.

I took the Kast figure out of the WM sack just a second ago, flipped it over to look and see what the cardback said, and for what ever reason, this one has the FemOrgana's build a droid part. So now I've got one Jodo Kast with the black alien droid head, and this one with the silver robot droid's leg.
So now I can't decide on which one to open.

Reaction score

Nice lookin' bike TIE! What's the specs on it? I tried zooming in on it, but I couldn't tell anything...I'm not real familliar with anything outside of anything made by H-D or fairly recent honda's...

Nothin' new in the Washington area...cept for alot of snow...

Reaction score

All the Walmarts in Champaign/Urabana/Savoy has a ton of the Dooku/Ventress Clone Wars wave

Reaction score

Thanks for the ups on the motorbike fellas...
I had to go in and show them the exact black I wanted the rims to be...I picked Matte...The frame is close to that...

Here are the specs...
Engine:
Engine Type Parallel Twin
Cylinders 2
Engine Stroke 4-Stroke
Cooling Air
Valves 8
Valves Per Cylinder 4
Valve Configuration DOHC
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Starter Electric
Fuel Requirements Regular
Fuel Type Gas
Transmission:
Transmission Type Manual
Number Of Speeds 5
Primary Drive (Rear Wheel) Chain
Wheels & Tires:
Front Tire (Full Spec) 100/90 R18
Rear Tire (Full Spec) 130/80 R17
Brakes:
Front Brake Type Disc
Rear Brake Type Disc
Technical Specifications:
Wheelbase (in/mm) 56.7 / 1440.2
Fuel Capacity (gal/l) 4.2 / 16

...TON UP!...

Oh yeah...Star Wars...

Reaction score

STILL NEEDING THE THRAWN/KARRDE COMIC PACK

Reaction score

Hey tikkes, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up spending on R1-G4? I've been looking at getting one, but I don't want to spend $15.

Reaction score

11/26/08
TIE_Pilot23 said:
tikkes...Bloomington east side wally has those packs as well as the clone wars 3 packs as of lunch today...I hid a xior and thrawn...LMK if you want to know where...
I saw these a couple weeks back after you asked for help finding this...and posted this...do you want me to grab one if I see another?

Reaction score

N/A at wally in washington...same for K-mart...

Allthough, the WM did have that new redeco Republic Gunship...

Reaction score

TIE_Pilot23 said:
11/26/08
TIE_Pilot23 said:
tikkes...Bloomington east side wally has those packs as well as the clone wars 3 packs as of lunch today...I hid a xior and thrawn...LMK if you want to know where...
I saw these a couple weeks back after you asked for help finding this...and posted this...do you want me to grab one if I see another?
Oh Crap! I didnt see that post,Sorry about that.I think im gonna just get the Thrawn off Ebay so im not really looking for it anymore.

Reaction score

TerdVader said:
Hey tikkes, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up spending on R1-G4? I've been looking at getting one, but I don't want to spend $15.
I got mine for 5 bucks shipped.

Reaction score

Fairveiw Heights Kohls has the repaint wave, and the organa wave it looked like. And then Fairveiw Heights Target had the the repaint wave and the organa wave, and lots of hot girls. I picked up the MM Batpod for $15 there as well...Couldn't pass it up for $5 off.

Reaction score

Peoria Target had Bail wave, only remnants now...Also have the Comic Packs, including Thrawn AND Xizor.

Reaction score

Morton WM had the new Clone Wars Trade Federation AAT. I might have to pick one up.

Reaction score

LMAO...You guy will like this...

Refrence :

Pen and Pin :

Refrence :

Reaction score

Nice...
Thats great!!!holy crap!!!

You are killin me...

Oh man...I was just going to post a pic of the bike after powder coating the rims...but that beats all...

Reaction score

Some crazy 2ft tall $80.00 Darth Maul at TRU...
Be safe everybody...its a mess out there...

We have alot of broken branches in the front and back lawn...one hit the roof early this morning and woke my wife up...so ov course I had to get up and go out to see what happened...

I have a carpenter coming over today to help me hang some shadowbox type cases I got from IKEA and some shelves in "Thee Room" this morning...

Reaction score

LOL, I don't know if I'm going to keep it or not, I may end up selling it.

Thats one awsome looking bike, do you have your cold weather gear ready?

I was supposed to go to Peoria/Pekin today, but we're not now.
IDOT shows that evrything north of Springfeild is either patchy or covered with ice/snow.

Reaction score

That's one mean lookin bike TIE...the roads are plain crap...and my driveway is an ice rink...hopin this clears out soon...

Reaction score

TIE_Pilot23 said:
Some crazy 2ft tall $80.00 Darth Maul at TRU...
Be safe everybody...its a mess out there...

We have alot of broken branches in the front and back lawn...one hit the roof early this morning and woke my wife up...so ov course I had to get up and go out to see what happened...

I have a carpenter coming over today to help me hang some shadowbox type cases I got from IKEA and some shelves in "Thee Room" this morning...
You should post some pics soon. We haven't seen updated shots of your lair of awesomeness in some time.

Reaction score

Hey Terd...I hear ya...I had to put off thee room over the summer...my inlaws came from NC to visit...and we had to hurry up and finish the guest rooms...then I got the bike and it was hard to keep me off of it...2000+ miles in a few months...so its cold and crappy again so Ive been spending a little more time thee room...Im also kinda waiting to see of some "officalpix" to come for X-mas so I can figure out how I want the whole thing to look...

... Anyway...I hope everyone gets at least one Star Wars item from Sandy Claws...

Reaction score

TIE_Pilot23 said:
Hey Terd...I hear ya...I had to put off thee room over the summer...my inlaws came from NC to visit...and we had to hurry up and finish the guest rooms...then I got the bike and it was hard to keep me off of it...2000+ miles in a few months...so its cold and crappy again so Ive been spending a little more time thee room...Im also kinda waiting to see of some "officalpix" to come for X-mas so I can figure out how I want the whole thing to look...

... Anyway...I hope everyone gets at least one Star Wars item from Sandy Claws...
My father started riding again about 6 years ago, after a few Honda's he got a new '06 Harley. Last summer he rode it up to Fairbanks Alaska, then went down through the American northwest, into the southwest desert, and scooped around back to central IL. In all he did 13,000 miles in just under 4 weeks. He's 63.
So I fully understand a person's passion to ride, and how that may be a bit more exciting than working on a room and collecting little plastic spacemen.

Reaction score

I couldnt take a ride like that...my hands would fall asleep after about five hours...OMG...and hes an elder...Plus my tank wouldnt allow me to go anywhere that didnt have a gas station every 110-120 miles...

Okay...

This is for everyone that lurks and posts and posts intermittantly...

What Star Wars booty did you get for Christmas...?
and
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING FOR IN 2009...?

Reaction score

TIE_Pilot23 said:
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING FOR IN 2009...?
A break. I'm not a completist, but I need to be more selective about what I purchase to keep the overall asthetic to the tune of Star Wars. I grabbed so many odd EU figuers and vehicles over the last 18 months, my collection no longer seems to be a representative of the movies I enjoy. So I skipped the TFU Rancor, the Dagger Squadron, the power rangers set, and most Clone repaints. In '09 I'm going to stick with mainly on screen figures, switching my focus from the PT, which has excited me more in recent years, to the OT, which is the reason I like the saga in the first place.

Reaction score

Ive never collected anything that wasnt evil...or had evil in them...

So having a focus from the start has kept me in it for so much longer...

...and I forgot to mention...That riding the motorcycle isnt more fun than playing with my figures...I can play with my figures drunk...in my underwear...

Reaction score

There's a police cheif my family knows that lives a little ways from us that does something similar. He just loves taking a week or so off and driving as far as he can. I think it'd deffintly be something to do if you had the time (and money) to do so.

I went to WM last night (where nearly all the customers were young chicks BTW), and they had marked ALL SW figures down to $4, Indy to $5, and Batman MM figures to $6. Here on the 24th when I was there, it was preety late, they had evrything up to the Organa wave, so I just wonder if it was all marked down to $4.
They had about 15 pegs, all at least 3/4's full or more, so I'm guessing they did still.

They replaced the entire stock with little plastic masks or something, I have no idea what they were. I didn't pick any up or anything to check them out...They looked like little Halloween costumes or something.

EDIT -

For Christmas I got $190, which I originaly though was $240, but it turns out someone counted the money wrong while putting it in the envelope, so I didn't get to keep that, LOL!

As for 2009, the only thing I know I want is the Legacy Stormtrooper and Sith Lord 5-pack, two or three of those ANH Spacetroopers, and the Anamamnamanmanmanamnnamanamanamanamanaman Comic 2 pack with Lt. Sumbar. Other than that, I don't think there's one thing I want yet.

Also, sold all my Saga 2 figures, and got $120 for like 24 of 'em.

Reaction score

I got the three "Officialpix" I was hoping for X-mas...and three frames to go with them...I got Dooku, Maul and Vader...everything else I got was Motorcycle related... a book about vintage "Cafe Racers"...some patches for my jacket and some pins...

Cant have a Cafe Racer without patches and pins on your jacket...

...as far as what Im looking for next year...The TIE Pilot GG bust...a couple of the Spacetroopers and a couple of the Cartoon series Magna guards...

...has anyone seen the BMF on sale anywhere yet?

Reaction score

BMF was $99 at Morton Walmart. That's the cheapest Ive seen it.

Reaction score

Been stupid busy so here is a quick check in.

I have seen Ties bike it is very nice.

Indy fig fans Bloomingtons Market st Walmart has figs for $3 and all other figs / vehicles stuff on sale.

Only looking for Cantina folks and maybe new imps. Almost bought commander faye but im not to jazzed about $7-8 a fig.

Jodo the nurse joker items rock, were did you get them?

Reaction score

Happy New Year everybody! What do you think Hasbro's gonna throw at us this year?

I honestly hope it's not more of those animated clone wars figures...Maybe a preview of what's to come with this new live-action TV series...