Celebration VII Swag - Swag Wars

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
With less than 3 months to go people are starting to plan their trips to Celebration VII in Anaheim! (I haven't even started booking flights yet!!) And with that thought in mind I've noticed people are starting to post ideas for buttons, patches and other swag to hand out. To me this is the greatest part of Celebration! It is an awesome icebreaker allowing an opportunity for fans to introduce themselves and meet other fans. They're a neat collectible unto themselves! They are an great way to express yourself or your collection. They are just fun!! I am planning my pin now and it will be the second in the series that I started at the last Celebration. I'll post pics once the design is finalized. So post some pics of what you are planning on bringing! I'm looking forward to beating last Celebration's record! 96 pieces on 3 lanyards weighing in at just under a pound!!

Some tips:

Have fun with the design! Let it speak for you!
Buttons are cheapest way to go.
Common size is 1" round though other sizes and shapes are more than welcome!
100-150 are a good number for a con the size of Celebration, and a good number of friends!

I've used Custom Buttons, Magnets, Zipper Pulls - Pure Buttons in the past and I've been pleased with their quality and service but I know there are companies out there. Just google custom buttons or pins and you'll find a bunch.

I'm looking forward to what everybody comes up with and more importantly looking forward to adding them to my lanyards this year!! ;)

Mike

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting some buttons and patches made- looking forward to it immensely now :)

Reaction score
I was Co-Founder of a Star Wars fan/collecting site for a few years. Participation dropped to zero, and we made the call to shut it down. Had we kept it running, my plan was to try and have a patch or button for CVII. Plans changed, and sadly I will not be able to attend this year. I had a blast at the last two shows trying to find people and collect patches and pins. I even got one of Mr. Ritter's CVI R2 pins!

If any of you guys who are giving out swag have extras after the con, I'd be more than happy to send a few bucks for some of these items. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I traded swag for the first time at CE2 (after watching everybody else at C6), and it was indeed a blast. I intend this for C7 to be the first in a series that will continue to future conventions of read-along label pins.

Last edited:

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my 3 lanyards at the end of C6. Just to show some of the fun to be had.

Mike

Reaction score
Badges designed and thought out for humour and maximum desirability(to other collectors)...looking forward to the SWAG-fest!!,

87 days days and counting till touch down in Anaheim.....

the excitement is palpable!!

Darren

Reaction score
We've got some Plastic Galaxy pins in the works... To be revealed soon!

Reaction score

Here's the first of mine featuring the iconic Diamond Jubilee logo for Palitoy in 1979.

:)

Jason

Reaction score
Just wait until you guys see what the collecting groups have in store...

MrT

Reaction score

Here are my 3 badges for Anaheim. This is the planned schedule

Luke and Han Stormtrooper Kubricks - Thursday

Ugnaught - Friday

Power Droid - Saturday - to have some fun, I want this to only go to real vintage collectors so you will need to answer a vintage related question to get this as well as trade.

Whatever's left over - Sunday

Reaction score
I have something pretty neat planned for my button swag. I'm working on a set of buttons featuring screen shots and the accompanying dialogue from Star Wars: ANH. Each button will be unique. I'm not making two of any of them and I'm looking at having around 200 buttons to give out. I'll probably have folks do a blind pull for these although friends might cajole me into pulling their favorite character or piece of dialogue.

Owning a button machine has it's advantages.

For those that don't know me, come say hi, introduce yourself, grab a button, and see which one you get!

-Bobby

Last edited:

MrT

Reaction score
That's a great idea. Look forward to finding you and grabbing one.

How much are button making machines out of interest?

Reaction score
That's a great idea. Look forward to finding you and grabbing one.

How much are button making machines out of interest?
Good ones can run you just north of $500.00. Along with the actual press, you'd also want to get a circle hole punch and the actual button supplies. There are most certainly more affordable ones out there, but they're cheaper. Go too cheap, and you're essentially buying a toy and not something that's going to do a really nice job. Like anything.

Mine makes 1 1/4" round buttons and magnets which is a great size. You can purchase button presses with interchangeable dies but those are really expensive.

-Bobby

Reaction score
I really like this idea. Too bad I won't be going to celebration this year. I hope to make some sort of Jabba pin eventually though.

Reaction score
You could easily wear Jarrod's pin and say it is some underground band that no one has heard of.

"You've never heard of Preschool Mafia!?! Oh man, they are great. Their original guitarist left to join the Dulok Scouts, but their new stuff is even better."

Reaction score

And my second badge features the Palitoy sticker that was placed over the front of the Kenner logo on the white Star Wars branded Tie Fighter sold by Palitoy in the UK. They weren't able to fabricate their own version of this in time!

:grin:

Jason

Reaction score
These are just awesomehopefully I'll. Be able to trade for 1 or 2 !

QUOTE=AmmersVI;19528659]Here's the start of my giveaways.
Pins made from the 1983 Ewok Play-Doh molds.
[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

And my second badge features the Palitoy sticker that was placed over the front of the Kenner logo on the white Star Wars branded Tie Fighter sold by Palitoy in the UK. They weren't able to fabricate their own version of this in time!

:grin:

Jason
must have.....neeeed......

I mean cool pin yo.

Reaction score
I'm working on something unique for Celebration ;)
Even knowing what it is, and I can't wait to see the final product. Pretty sure everyone
is going to like this

Bill

Last edited:

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Besides my pin, I am now working on two more give aways for CVII. Surprisingly, neither are R2 related. Updates coming soon. :)

Mike

Reaction score
Few button questions here: I've got a button design that I created on Illustrator w/ text and a photo. How do I make sure the picture is the right size so that the text fits on the buttons? I plan to use: Custom Buttons, Magnets, Zipper Pulls - Pure Buttons .Will this place shrink the picture to get it to the right size or do I need to try to get it close to perfect before it is submitted? Thanks for your thoughts! -R

Last edited:

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
PureButtons has a template you can download and submit to them. Check with Jarrod as he has done my artwork templates for them in the past.

Mike

Reaction score
I use Wackybuttons.com - with them, you upload your image into their online template to see if it fits. Pretty easy interface for me, whose graphic design skills haven't matured any since about 1999.