Celebration VI Volunteering

Reaction score
I am going to volunteer with OfficalPix again. I had a great time working with Anne, Ben, and all of the guests! I had the best time working with James Arnold Taylor.

Reaction score
vader2001 said:
I am going to volunteer with OfficalPix again. I had a great time working with Anne, Ben, and all of the guests! I had the best time working with James Arnold Taylor.
Yep! Opix here as well.

Reaction score
I might consider this time. Def not at the begginning of Thursday, so I can get all my Art, exclusives etc. ANy other times I'll be game.

Reaction score
I have volunteered with Official Pix 5 times...I love Anne and the rest...

Last year at CV though I would have to say was my most disapointing at the end when we received our autograph rewards only to find many multiples of the same actor. With the variety of actors that were there, they should have been a little more spread out with no multiples....

Three Jake Lloyds, 3 Amy Allens, 2 Daks, 2 Nien Numbs

Makes me rethink volunteering...but I will probably still do it...Anne has always been great and I enjoy feeling like a part of something, so time will tell.

Reaction score
Volunteered for the 1st time with OPX and I will hopefully be doing it again. Sat next to Tom Kane and Daniel Logan which were both great experiences. The free autographs are a welcome bonus. Anne and Ben run a class act business.

Reaction score
jediman1 said:
I have volunteered with Official Pix 5 times...I love Anne and the rest...

Last year at CV though I would have to say was my most disapointing at the end when we received our autograph rewards only to find many multiples of the same actor. With the variety of actors that were there, they should have been a little more spread out with no multiples....

Three Jake Lloyds, 3 Amy Allens, 2 Daks, 2 Nien Numbs

Makes me rethink volunteering...but I will probably still do it...Anne has always been great and I enjoy feeling like a part of something, so time will tell.
So sorry you had multiples. In my packet, had no multiples.

Reaction score
I want to volunteer with O-Pix this time but I fear that the times I have to work will interfere with events I want to see. I eagerly await the info on volunteering.

Reaction score
Darth_Mahler said:
I'm pretty much a lock for volunteering. Had so much fun working with everyone last year.
You volunteered some much at CV Mahler I am not sure you got to see anything else!

Reaction score
My brother and I plan to volunteer with Official Pix this time. We want to be able to work closely with a star!! Plus, free autos!

Reaction score
I wasn't selected for the Grand Army at CV, and OPX welcomed me back for a 2nd time, so I think I may be going with them again. From what folks were saying during CV, it sounded like there were a lot of politics involved in being "chosen" to work with Reed.

Reaction score
DLoSith said:
I wasn't selected for the Grand Army at CV, and OPX welcomed me back for a 2nd time, so I think I may be going with them again. From what folks were saying during CV, it sounded like there were a lot of politics involved in being "chosen" to work with Reed.
Well, I'm not familiar with the politcal issues stated at CV but I was more than happy when selected to volunteer for REED for the first time. And CV was my first Celebrations.
So I guess I went in knowing nothing about the selection process other than applying.
I even applied for Official Pix and was accepted!

Reaction score
I have no idea about reed either. To be honest don't care. If OPX will take me again for 4, 5, or maybe even 6 shifts, I am totally happy with that.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
nsucolonel said:
I would like to volunteer this year as well with officalpix. How do i go by doing this?

Jason
We'll post instructions about how to apply soon. Be watching these forums for details from Anne about next year.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
...next year.
Man, I always keep forgetting that CVI is still over a year away. There is just so much excitement that it feels like it's only a couple of months away.

Anyway...440 days to go!

Reaction score
My friend and I volunteered for the first time last year at CV, I volunteered with OPX and Reed, with Reed had I think one of the best job's, was with Make A Wish child and couldn't have asked for a better job! Great kid and family from Canada. Never forget the experience and Reed was awesome. Almost met George himself, but bad cell phone reception there at the basement of Reed main meeting room. OPX was great too sat with Paul Blake AKA Greedo, and boy what a guy he is! Such great stories and fantastic person overall. So with that heck yeah I am going to Volunteer again at CVI. Oh yeah get your 4-day pass refunded to volunteer with Reed also helps. See you there!

Reaction score
Assuming I can scrape together the funds for transportation, lodging, and the badge I'd be up for helping out.

Reaction score
Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
How long is an average shift at both Opix and Reed?

I have thought about volunteering, but then worry that I'll miss too much of the show.
I volunteered for both at CV. I averaged four/six hours per day. I don't care for panels. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken but I do believe you have to do a minimum of sixteen hours throughout the convention. I did extra hours when some folks did not show up for duty. I jockeyed around my schedule to accommodate REED and Official Pix.
I was asked politely and did it with a smile! Best experience.

Reaction score
Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
How long is an average shift at both Opix and Reed?

I have thought about volunteering, but then worry that I'll miss too much of the show.
The average shift is 3-4 hours and 2-3 shifts at each one. Reed asks that you do at least 3, four hour shifts to get your refund for the 4-day badge, if I remember right. I hope this helps?

Reaction score
I have Volunteered for OPIX 3 times and C6 hopefully will be my 4th and i have to say its just like a fine wine it gets better each time. Anne and her staff are great at C5 my Pastor went with me and Volunteered with me and he had the time of his life. He has a special needs son that is going to make his Make a Wish at C6 and he is so excited. Me and my Pastor will be returning to Volunteer for Anne and her staff once again if she will have us. May the Force be with us in Orlando 2012

Reaction score
I checked my email at lunch and saw the volunteer sign up! This time Anne did something different and had all the OPX conventions listed and you could sign up for all of them at one time! That was pretty cool and easy to do.

You know... exactly 365 days from now I'll be in Orlando!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed it, here's the full message from Anne:

Howdy Folks,

I'm ready to recruit for the next five Official Pix conventions: Star Wars Fan Days, New York Comic Con, Sci-Fi Expo, Dallas Comic Con, and STAR WARS CELEBRATION VI!!!

If you are interested in any one of these please sign up and please forward to any of your friends that would be interested as well:

http://www.officialpixvolunteers.com/

Thanks,

-Anne

Reaction score
New York Comic Con...Who will OPX be bringing???? I might have to sign up for this one.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:

Howdy Folks,

I'm ready to recruit for the next five Official Pix conventions: Star Wars Fan Days, New York Comic Con, Sci-Fi Expo, Dallas Comic Con, and STAR WARS CELEBRATION VI!!!

If you are interested in any one of these please sign up and please forward to any of your friends that would be interested as well:

Thanks,

-Anne
All of my info has been sent. I'll be at both Fan Days and CVI volunteering.

Reaction score
Darth_Mahler said:
Chris Wyman said:

Howdy Folks,

Thanks,

-Anne
All of my info has been sent. I'll be at both Fan Days and CVI volunteering.
Some how Matt, I knew you would be volunteering for both of these events! How many hours at C6 this time around?