Celebration VI VIP Packages

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not saying to do this, but scummers could help each other out (I have not suggested this before because I don't want to get 500 messages).

Some VIPs who aren't getting their allotment could buy a badge for a fellow scummer. You have to buy a regular badge first before getting another VIP badge, but Reed will refund the regular price.

I was amazed at how easy it is to pass around the badge at the last C. Yes, the original badge is mailed to the original person ordering, and you do have to show your badge to get the packet of stuff at the convention. After that, you can trade both before the C starts. If the VIP is going anyway with their badge, they will be at the convention already to meet up.

I picked up mine on Wednesday afternoon last year, and most people get in line on Thurs - Sun before the Conv. Just trade numbers and meet up outside the C and exchange.

Again, I'm not saying to do this.
But someone really desperate could always find a way. It was harder to do this last year because everyone already had their tickets for themselves when people asked. There is time beforehand now to find a friend.

You never know, with the economy people may not be able to afford the VIP prices and there will be some left over.

Reaction score
I was considering the VIP badge this time for the early entry and less standing in line for some of the bigger events, but looks like that won't happen now.

What's next, Reed? Are we going to have to buy CVII tickets at CVI or chance not getting them? *cough SDCC cough*

Reaction score
I purchased the Jedi Knight package last year and received the email today. I had to read it twice that those that purchased before were given priority. WHAT? Though there's nothing I can do about it, I am in total agreement with the comments that this ISN'T fair. I was expecting to wait patiently like everyone else for my chance to get one again. I really feel bad as I will bet there aren't going to be any by the 3pm timeframe. Not that it matters, but the only reason I can think of why they're doing it this way is because of the problems with the perks that were paid for and not received and this is their way to make amends. Other than that, this is slap in the face to everyone else!

Reaction score
DarthWaller said:
What's next, Reed? Are we going to have to buy CVII tickets at CVI or chance not getting them? *cough SDCC cough*
At least SDCC recognized the problem and took steps to make it MORE fair for people who didn't get tickets one year to maybe get them the next year. Reed is doing exactly the opposite of that.

And what really sucks is that if there is a limited signing at CVI (Ben said he's trying to get Ian McDiarmid for a 250 count signing), the VIP people will probably get first crack at those too.

I've been on the fence about even going to this next year, and this very well may have settled it. Awful, awful, awful way to handle this.

And, yeah, I e-mailed Lance Fensterman with my disapproval of how they are handling this, and I too got the "Sorry, I'm in Asia on business until Thursday" automatic message.

Reaction score
I can see if they offered the 50 Master Badge people a chance at getting it again for next year PLUS 50 more for this year, but this is just crazy. Someone isnt thinking over there at REED. Even if they had doubled both numbers, they'd sold out fairly quick. Like Sean said, it won't ruin my time, I'll just put it toward more art, etc. These people have facebook, twitter, etc to blow up?!?

Reaction score
Devastated to read this. Had heart set on getting VIP this year as travelling from UK want to see as much as possible without losing time in line as its a big money trip for me.

Gutted i will not even get a chance, as we all know that they will all be snapped up, even if the VIPs buy for their friends from their allowance.

I am not blaming the VIPs from CV, they are just maximising their show from the opportunity presented to them, but reed have dropped the ball here. As i don't think any VIP expected this.

The fact that they emailed just the VIPs, and have no blog post on their site means they know they will all sell out to just the VIPs.

Last year i tried hard to get VIP ticket, kept refreshing the site, but later found out that Reed sent out an email with special link that i did not even get so last year had no chance of getting either.

Reed should know that first come first get is fairest method. I might still lose out that way, but at least i get a chance.

Shame!

Reaction score
Exchanged a tweet with Reed Pop employee on the topic of VIP, you can see it on twitter feed (link below)

http://twitter.com/#!/jedi_alba

Basically, no change, this will be how it works. So guys like me have no chance as i know neither a VIP from CV and by 3pm all will be gone.

Sad as it is, i now might have to reconsider attendance. Am looking to buy a house in the next 6 months, and so CVI was always going to a very expensive treat at such a time as UK flights and accommodation are expensive.

I had intended to go VIP at a little more cost to maximise the event, as if I get the house i will have to severely cut my Star Wars spend and no more US based celebrations for some years.

Very sad just now, but give it a few days and I may just perk up again. Trying to avoid rash decisions, but got to decide in next two weeks if i am going or not so i can get holidays booked at work.

Reaction score
They sold out so fast the first time that I don't see anyway that it doesn't happen even quicker this time. I think guys that got them last year will even miss out as people can buy multiples. So someone that had one last year will be left out.

Oh well. The number is stupid low to begin with. Most of us wishing we could get one still would have had an awful fight on our hands to do so. Clearly many of us wanted em last year too and missed out.

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in my two cents. I was a VIP badge holder at CV, and I did get the email. While I'm happy that I have the opportunity again, I agree that it's not fair. At the same time, I agree with Sooner Sean that I'm not taking this for granted. I only had one badge for myself last year and only plan on getting one again. But with past VIP's being able to buy multiples, there's no guarantee even for me...All that being said, I don't think there is any chance there are any of these available to the general public at 3:00. I'd be surprised if they aren't gone within 30-45 minutes, if that.

Reaction score
i agree. 3 ticket per is nuts.

I can see 2 (one for a spouse). You don't need one for the kids

Reaction score
From Official CVI site - just up.

Another one of these special code email deals. Last years never came!!! Ahhhhhh!!!! Can someone on here, post the link when they get their email!?!?

"Your regular badge will get you in the door, but if you want to take your Star Wars Celebration experience to the next level, you'll want to grab a VIP Package. With only a few available, they won't last very long. These extremely limited tickets will be on sale to the general public starting August 24, 2011, at 3:01 PM (ET). Celebration VI ticket holders and newsletter subscribers will have the first opportunity to purchase these tickets and gain special access, following a brief presale period for Celebration V VIP ticket holders. Be sure to sign up for the official Star Wars Celebration newsletter to get all the details on how to purchase at www.starwarscelebration.com/newsletter. View the VIP incentives here."

Reaction score
Such random and arbitrary quantity as well....Why 50 and 250? With so many attendees, why not a bit more? Seating at events? OK...But, a few more? 100 and 300? Come on...Throw us a freakin' bone, man!

Reaction score
So let me see if I have this timeline correct...

10:00 - VIP tickets go on sale for CV VIP ticketholders
10:05 - All VIP tickets sell out
3:00 - Lots of angry CVI ticketholders staring at a blank screen

Is that about right?

Reaction score
Mickster said:
Just wanted to throw in my two cents. I was a VIP badge holder at CV, and I did get the email. While I'm happy that I have the opportunity again, I agree that it's not fair. At the same time, I agree with Sooner Sean that I'm not taking this for granted. I only had one badge for myself last year and only plan on getting one again. But with past VIP's being able to buy multiples, there's no guarantee even for me...All that being said, I don't think there is any chance there are any of these available to the general public at 3:00. I'd be surprised if they aren't gone within 30-45 minutes, if that.
I also had a VIP / Jedi Knight badge last year and feel the same way about fairness was getting prepared to have to go through the mad panic of signing in at a specific time and hoping for the best….just like I had to do last year.

As far as picking up all three and trying to scalp one, I’m not about to even try it. Dropping the $800 for badges for my wife and I is enough money to dish out, I can’t risk another $400 to try and make a few bucks. Above all else, I get ticked off enough at the people who do this with collectibles, I can’t be the same kind of DB and try it with Celebration badges. Why $crew fellow fans? Shame on anyone who tries it!

Sadly, it’s going to happen. As someone already mentioned, the ‘non-transferable” clause doesn’t account for a hill of beans. One of my biggest (and only) frustrations from last year was watching folks cheat the system. While waiting in line on, we spotted the same vendor come out three times and hand badges to folks so they could make it into the exhibit hall. It comes as little surprise that these people not only got in for free, but once we got in we saw that they were all standing in line at Gentle Giant to scoop up the exclusives. Which I guess raises yet another concern, why can vendors buy exclusives, or at least start lining up for them in advance? I was literally (no joke) the first guy through the doors of the exhibit hall on Thursday morning (after the presentation). Like the other yokels, I ran straight to GG and yet, was probably 40th or so in line….behind many vendors. So the extra 30 minutes I paid for, really didn’t meant squat.

Reaction score
I still haven't bought my CVI ticket yet in hopes of getting a Jedi Knight ticket. So, should I buy my ticket now and hope that at 3:01 tomorrow I can order? Hmmm

Reaction score
DarthWaller said:
So let me see if I have this timeline correct...

10:00 - VIP tickets go on sale for CV VIP ticketholders
10:05 - All VIP tickets sell out
3:00 - Lots of angry CVI ticketholders staring at a blank screen

Is that about right?
You have it perfectly correct. Top to bottom.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Such random and arbitrary quantity as well....Why 50 and 250? With so many attendees, why not a bit more? Seating at events? OK...But, a few more? 100 and 300? Come on...Throw us a freakin' bone, man!
How about adding a 3rd tier of ‘Padawans’? Maybe another 250 badges that have similar, albeit lesser perks. Like getting in 15 minutes early or being seated after the Master and Knights at the main stage? They could easily charge $300 and they’d get scooped up quickly, while allowing more folks the chance for the VIP experience. (plus put more money in their pockets)

The two major perks are:
Early Entrance:
Masters- 45 minutes
Knights- 30 minutes
Padawans- 15 minutes

Main Stages-
Masters- first ‘X’ amount of seats
Knights- the seats just behind the Masters
Padawans- seated behind the Knights

Seems easy enough to me.

Reaction score
I just received the 'public' onsale e-mail....

What a joke....
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Public sale will begin on August 24 at 3:01 PM (ET), immediately following a 5-hour Presale period open only to VIPS from Celebration V.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
I'm pretty PO'd I'll probably miss out on these. Don't think it's real fair letting the previous Celebration VIP's get first dibs. I'll also be traveling back from work tomorrow and driving across Wyoming. I was only wanting one because some of the exclusives I wanted last show were nabbed by VIP's who were in line right away. I'll buy one off anybody who can get one for me. Please send me a PM if you can help.

Reaction score
I compare this strategy by Reed to how pro sports teams deal with their season ticket holders.

Those fans who were previous season ticket holders always get the right to re-new their plans first. If they choose not to re-new, their seat(s) are released to the general public (assuming the team does not have a Wait List).

In the end, Reed cares about one thing and one thing only: selling all 300 VIP passes, regardless of who actually purchases them (new or returning VIP's).

Reaction score
SirTristram said:

What a joke....
Public sale will begin on August 24 at 3:01 PM (ET), immediately following a 5-hour Presale period open only to VIPS from Celebration V.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder where they pulled the 5 hour pre-sale time frame from, when it took about 45 minutes for them to ALL sell out last year?

Reaction score
One way they could have done this is offer half or x number to VIPs in a presale, then the rest to the general public. Not all VIPs would get one early, but you give them a better shot to make up for last year.

Reaction score
Wow, I agree with everyone, this is actually making me angry. What kind of stupid idiots are they at Reed. You know if they were going to reserve for those who were VIP's last year then reserve them as seperate. Reserve 50/250 for last years, and make another 50/250 available at 3pm plus any that haven't pre-sold earlier that morning. even at 100/500, they would be sold out before the end of the day. On top of that they are doing it during the business day, do they not thing some of us work during the day. I have a meeting with my CFO from 2-3. By the time I get back to my desk what few if any tickets are available will be gone.

I am so sending an annoyed email to Reed and Lucasfilm.

SWFanGirl said:
One way they could have done this is offer half or x number to VIPs in a presale, then the rest to the general public. Not all VIPs would get one early, but you give them a better shot to make up for last year.

Reaction score
SITHSPAWN said:
I'm pretty PO'd I'll probably miss out on these. Don't think it's real fair letting the previous Celebration VIP's get first dibs. I'll also be traveling back from work tomorrow and driving across Wyoming. I was only wanting one because some of the exclusives I wanted last show were nabbed by VIP's who were in line right away. I'll buy one off anybody who can get one for me. Please send me a PM if you can help.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing, throwing my hat out there for anyone who might buy an extra $400 VIP tix. I have the money to PP...Just sucks I would have to wait to get the badge right before CVI. I'd rather "win" one myself...

SirTristram said:

What a joke....
[/QUOTE]

STILL havent received an email!!

Reaction score
Another thing to think about is how so many of the masters in particular, but the knights also complained about not receiving what they thought they were getting....the only problem was the were assuming they would get personal time with Lucas...etc....not just exactly what they were told..

with this in mind I'm sure Reed would rather have people who have been through the VIP process buy the tickets because there will be less questions and complaints....I think Justin hit it on the head with the season seat analogy... those who bought VIP's last year did it without any prior experience and did it based on faith....at the same time lots and lots of people where saying they would never buy those or pay that much.....the same people now complaining they can't get one....

Reaction score
JustinL said:
I compare this strategy by Reed to how pro sports teams deal with their season ticket holders.

Those fans who were previous season ticket holders always get the right to re-new their plans first. If they choose not to re-new, their seat(s) are released to the general public (assuming the team does not have a Wait List).

In the end, Reed cares about one thing and one thing only: selling all 300 VIP passes, regardless of who actually purchases them (new or returning VIP's).
I was thinking the same thing. The problem is, you can't apply a season ticket strategy to a pop-culture con. The two are not remotely alike.
They screwed up this time, but they'll never know it because they'll still sell all of the VIP passes.

The other issue here....24 hours notice?! Really? You're giving everyone 1 day to figure out if they are able to spend $400 or $850 for something that is still an entire year away.
But again, they will sell them all and that's all they care about.
I gave Reed the benefit of the doubt last year, but this one is a major FU to the paying customers and is not in the spirit of Star Wars fandom.

And don't forget, this time there will be no Hyperspace early entrance so the only way (other than Staff/Volunteers) to not get stuck in the huge line every morning is to be a VIP. That is the only reason I'd consider trying to get one of these. Gonna miss the quick Hyperspace line from CV.

Reaction score
With the season ticket analogy, you know about when every year when they go on sell. Also as a season ticket holder you're given notice as to when the deadlines to renew are. You have PLENTY of notice as a season ticket holder AND as a fan. With Celebrations, the current one is the only one we all know of. There are no assurances that there will be another. Is it really priority to get these sold NOW and with 2 days notice?? Really disappointed at the process more than me maybe not getting one. Does this mean we're even more screwed for CVII?

Reaction score
I was'nt really expecting this perk over my JK perks last year. I was fuly prepared to fight it out with everyone else. Considering the fiasco on how the VIPs were handled last year, I'll take this as a modicum of compensation. I'm sorry to those that feel it is unfair. I'm not certain thats fitting but certainly in the sense that not everyone will have the chance to get one, especially those that missed out last time. If you saw the perks VIPs got last time and really believe that would have made your experience better, then yeah I'd be bummed too.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
jedichase said:
I think I'm going to at least try for it. Heck I have a whole year to make the money back. Now that I look at my collection I have a lot of doubles and stuff that isn't in my collecting theme.
Thats good spirit! But if you dont get one, dont let it get you down. The first day IMHO is where the VIP Badge is the most beneficial(besides Main Event deals). The first day is where you haul behind to the art hall, etc to get the most sought after items!

Reaction score
Well, of the 300 VIPs from last time, you would have to think that at least 25% will not go to CVI.

That being said, there should at least be around 75 available at 3:00.

people, don't panic.

Reaction score
WOW, talking to a rep on one of those auto chat things for CVI. Former VIPs are limited to ONLY 3 JM and 3 JK per unique code!! What s$%^ is that?!?

Reaction score
JediDave76 said:
Well, of the 300 VIPs from last time, you would have to think that at least 25% will not go to CVI.

That being said, there should at least be around 75 available at 3:00.

people, don't panic.
I agree dont panic, but the other 75% can buy 6 passes each.

Reaction score
Even if there are still 75 available for general sale (and that's a big if), it's still a ridiculous way of handling the situation. You can bet that people will take advantage of the increased 3-badge limit. We might be looking at a sellout by the time 3 PM comes around.