Celebration VI VIP Packages

Reaction score
yes you are correct, only for those who at previous vip tickets for cv is 10 am the time

Reaction score
I did not see anything really special added. I'm hoping they just clear up the messes/mistakes in handling VIPs from last year. Seems they did a couple of things like that already (store discount, wed night preview). Same lameness VIP Hat/Poster with the masters.

Reaction score
I doubt there will be any tickets left by 3pm, if I remember correctly tickets sold out in 15-30 mins

Reaction score
I think its only out to those "legit" VIPs from last year. >:)Not every VIP from last year will buy this year, I think there could be some left at 3pm?

Reaction score
Possible, but there may be some previous ticket holders who only purchased 2 vip packages last time and this time will be trying for 3 . Either way by 3pm very few will likely remain for general public sale.

Reaction score
Got my email, going for the knight again for C6

Here is the new stuff added for c6:

NEW! 5% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store (bleh)
NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party

and for Masters
NEW! Exclusive VIP Variant Hat
NEW! 10% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store
NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party

Reaction score
masters were gone in 19 minutes and knights 45 minutes ish. and you were limited. this time 1 person can buy 6, 3 of each. there will be none left. which again is pretty bad because its only for those that bought last time then. and those that didnt last time wont this time either if they wanted to. still would be nice to know what the big draw is for the 850. extra hundred bucks we get a preview of the store, but have a personal shopper that already bought our stuff. doesnt that defeat the purposed of one or the other?

Reaction score
Here's a thought. Do you think the people who purchased the Master package will opt for the Knight package this time around due to the problems the Jedi Masters package had at CV? Which may result in the Jedi Knight packages selling out faster this time around? Also, what have they added that increased the price of these packages by $50? I don't see it!

Reaction score
I agree that a lot of the masters folks last time will go for knight tickets this time around. Every master I talked with was unhappy with what they got and said they would go for the cheaper one. I still don't see the $850 for the masters tickets. The celebration store stuff was still available going into Sunday. The lines weren't bad at all even on Saturday. I'm still not seeing the cost justification for the masters package.

Reaction score
Thought they went up when I saw these posts.

Bummed that previous VIPs get first dibs. Can't decide if that is fair or not.

Does the email say how many of each will be available?

Reaction score
50 master 250 knight same as before. as others still dont see the value per se, but just as we say that something big will hapen and if you skip them you kick yourself. who knows maybe harrison can get handcuffed again

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Thought they went up when I saw these posts.

Does the email say how many of each will be available?
50JM 250JK

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
The only place this could possibly be considered fair is Bizarro world. This is exactly the opposite of what San Diego Comicon did in an effort to make going to their show fair.

Reaction score
No email yet here. Also dont like the prior VIPs getting first dibs, though if you're a prior VIP its a nice perk. Maybe they'll get a lot of complaints and change it. I do/did want the $400 package, but if I dont get one its not going to bum me out. To me the biggest perk is getting in early on the first morning so I can get to the art hall. Hopefully on the Wednesday preview its only the Celebration store thats open. With it, I dont have to line up at 530am this time.

Reaction score
I am so outraged, I can hardly type! This is reprehensible! I just sent a furious e-mail to all the contacts from Reed and LFL on the CVI site. I suggest those who feel the same, do the same.

Reaction score
I received three automatic-out of the office replies from most of the people I e-mailed. They won't be back until AFTER the VIP tickets go on sale!
UGH! I am so damn angry right now...I feel like Cartman and his worst! This is so unbelievable! What possible good could come from not allowing this to be a true 'First Come, First Served' situation. Why - Why - WHY would they let people who ALREADY EXPERIENCED VIP TREATMENT be the FIRST TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN!?!?!?
WIth tens of thousands of people attending these events, why keep these so exclusive that hardly anyone else is even allowed to have the opportunity to purchase these tickets??? WTF?!?

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
I am so outraged, I can hardly type! This is reprehensible! I just sent a furious e-mail to all the contacts from Reed and LFL on the CVI site. I suggest those who feel the same, do the same.
Not happy either, but don't see them changing their process. I'd also be very weary of the difference in price from each package. The only way it would truly be worth it is if they had another "Main Event" type event and you got to actually meet the person.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
I received three automatic-out of the office replies from most of the people I e-mailed. They won't be back until AFTER the VIP tickets go on sale!
UGH! I am so damn angry right now...I feel like Cartman and his worst! This is so unbelievable! What possible good could come from not allowing this to be a true 'First Come, First Served' situation. Why - Why - WHY would they let people who ALREADY EXPERIENCED VIP TREATMENT be the FIRST TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN!?!?!?
WIth tens of thousands of people attending these events, why keep these so exclusive that hardly anyone else is even allowed to have the opportunity to purchase these tickets??? WTF?!?
And from what I hear(Yes hear because I DID NOT receive the email) those former VIPs can purchase 3?? Ebay here these come...

Reaction score
This gets worse and worse....Higher prices, less opportunity to buy, ability for former VIPs to purchase 3 of each pass....Ugh! What's the use...

Reaction score
From reading the email I think you can buy 3 Jedi master and 3 Jedi knight for a total of 6

Reaction score
I hope not. I talked to one of the site live chat people and they confirmed the former VIPs have until 3pm to buy theirs and then we can have at it for the rest! Big mistake! What a mess, did we really need to buy the VIP badge now?? How about after Xmas?

Reaction score
At least this gives a year to pay it off the credit card, if they are still available

Reaction score
It's not the time frame as much as the fact that they are isolating the tens of thousands of fans who were not able to buy these VIP tickets the first time and allowing the lucky ones who did buy them for CV to buy them again!? It just doesn't make any sense. So much for equal opportunity from LFL!

Reaction score
don't worry about ebay - it should be a non-factor

last time I tried selling my soul to get VIP tickets and I finally found someone willing to sell. Long story made short - the tickes are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

REED would NOT change the mailing address of the ticket nor would they change the name of the purchaser, even though me and the seller agreed to terms. When someone shows up at the con, they need to provide photo ID to get their "welcome package" that provides all the goodies.

nobody will be able to sell them on ebay

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
It's not the time frame as much as the fact that they are isolating the tens of thousands of fans who were not able to buy these VIP tickets the first time and allowing the lucky ones who did buy them for CV to buy them again!? It just doesn't make any sense. So much for equal opportunity from LFL!

....and I don't think LFL has anything to do with it, its all REED

Reaction score
not just reserved for previous vip's but also the plain fact of 3 of each kind per person. these will be scalped. everyone can deny it all they want. just wait you will see master passes on ebay or on forums for crazy amounts of money

Reaction score
Okay, okay. Wait just a second. Just caught up on the posts on this string and A LOT of things posted will [censored] me off if true.

First, how does a person get this VIP email? Has everyone that received it been a VIP for CV? I have signed up for all the newsletters and updates and haven't seen anything except an email looking for Official Pix volunteers. Even the Celebration website isn't updated with VIP info. What gives?

Second, they are allowing only VIPs from CV to buy up to three of each before anyone else? And what are they going to do to keep people from buying max amount of VIP passes selling "Knight" packages for "Master" prices? They say it's non-transferable, but what if they just hand someone the VIP badge! They don't check them that tight. That's crap, because YOU KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

This is sounding more and more like the Gentle Giant fiasco for exclusives where only a few people have access and buy up everything then profit by reselling.

I am REALLY disappointed at this, whether I'm able to get one or not. Not a good way to start the convention!

Reaction score
Reed has the email of CV VIPs, if already purchased tickets for CVI and were a VIP then you got the email.

Reaction score
darth_saber said:
Reed has the email of CV VIPs, if already purchased tickets for CVI and were a VIP then you got the email.
Thanks for the info. But that still sucks!

Reaction score
I haven't even bought my regular ticket yet - thinking it's over a year off what's the rush. And VIP tix go on sale this week? Wow.

Sad they're doing things the way they are... with the number so limited it should be a lottery system. Enter your email/credit card info/etc. and they will randomly select winners and you will be immediately charged for the order if you're one of the lucky ones.

They sold out so quick last time that I seriously doubt there's any left at 3PM - anyone not attending this year or not wanting them will still buy with the expectation of passing along to a friend or to sell them regardless of the non-transferrable rule.

Come 3PM there maybe be 10-20 and so they'll be gone in a blink of an eye.

Very lousy way of doing things. But to be sure - the numbers are so low as to be absurd to begin with.

I had a great time at CV without being a VIP. I was in line early for the big stars and only had to wait occasionally as some VIP's got to "cut" due to their status. It was never too bad. And I missed out on the "Main Event" but if you were willing to get up (or stay up) early you could have made it in. I spoke to a guy who said he was one of the last ones in line and it wasn't awful the time he said he made it. I know because I was kicking myself for not getting there at the same time.

So you can go and have a blast without being a VIP.