Celebration VI VIP Packages

Reaction score
My personal preference is that Reed drops the Master/Knight designation and just has one "VIP" badge that is the same for everyone who purchases them.

Offer it for $500 and raise the available badge count to 400.

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying regular four day passes for the wife and kids and getting a vip for myself. I cant afford 5 vip badges.

Reaction score
After hearing how much most people liked having their VIP privileges last year I think I (and unfortunately a LOT of other people) will try to go for it this time.
I think you'll see them sell out very very quickly, no matter how many they offer.

Reaction score
My only hope is that they announce the sale date for the VIP packages ahead of time. For as much of a pain in the [censored] buying sdcc tickets is, a little planning ahead makes all the difference.

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope there is some advanced notice for an on sale date. It is going to be hell trying to get them. They should raise the limit to 5OO. 3OO was so little......even 5OO is hardly any when 3O,OOO+ people could and most likely will show up!

Reaction score
havok2272 said:
My only hope is that they announce the sale date for the VIP packages ahead of time. For as much of a pain in the [censored] buying sdcc tickets is, a little planning ahead makes all the difference.
Announcing the on sale date of SDCC tickets is what killed it. They need to just put them up and let word of mouth spread.

Reaction score
That will tick off more people. At least you have a fighting chance with an on sale date.
Can you imagine if eFX just decided to pop the Vader Legend up for sale with no fanfare and it sold out before anyone checked their site? It would almost wreck the entire company!

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
That will tick off more people. At least you have a fighting chance with an on sale date.
Can you imagine if eFX just decided to pop the Vader Legend up for sale with no fanfare and it sold out before anyone checked their site? It would almost wreck the entire company!
I see your point. I'm just speaking from experience how terrible SDCC tickets were. It took two on-sale attempts before most people (myself included) were able to get a ticket. I know it's a lot bigger con than this one, which is probably why I will enjoy these more than SDCC. Plus, Star Wars is my life.

Reaction score
Yeah, SDCC is much bigger..More than double the size of these.
Perhaps they can just send an e-mail when they go on sale and those who get the e-mail can just click on it and buy them. Who knows There is probably no really good solution.

Reaction score
If I recall right, they did announce when the VIP tickets would go on sale so those who wanted them could plan to be at a computer during that time.
I'd be shocked if they don't do that again.

Reaction score
Did they do that upgrade thing last year? i wonder how it works if you buy your passes now and then wish to upgrade. That is the only reason i am apprehensive to purchase my passes now.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Did they do that upgrade thing last year? i wonder how it works if you buy your passes now and then wish to upgrade. That is the only reason i am apprehensive to purchase my passes now.
Yes, that is how it worked last year. (pretty sure)

Reaction score
Another reason to go for VIP this year...from the official website:

"Please note that there will not be any exclusive benefits for prior Hyperspace members at Star Wars Celebration VI."

While we didn't get much at CV, the early entry alone was very, very nice. Sounds like that won't happen this time.
More of us will be trying to score VIP simply to avoid that huge line in the morning.

Reaction score
If you're lucky enough to be able to purchase a VIP pass, they will refund your 4 day pass price. For CV, you had to buy the 4 day pass in order to be eligible to upgrade.

Reaction score
after all the hell i went through to try to get one for CV, i REALLY HOPE i get in on it this time!

already bought my 4-day pass!

Reaction score
Me and my friend risked it and went up the escalator to one of the upper levels early. Our other friends went and stood in line. We thought we'd get in the same time the folks in line got corralled in.

A nice security guard actually waved us over and let us through the gate about an hour before opening, so we got in early with the VIPs and merchandise folk.

One of the highlights of our trip to CV. I still have several press kits from getting in early and I planned to use them as trade fodder, but never got around to it.

Reaction score
JediEddy said:
If you're lucky enough to be able to purchase a VIP pass, they will refund your 4 day pass price. For CV, you had to buy the 4 day pass in order to be eligible to upgrade.
They have to refund it? So, there is really no point in buying ticket yet then, I guess, if I am going to have to shell out the entire VIP badge costs at once anyway.

Reaction score
Personally, I really hope they don't up the count of available VIP's. Guaranteed seating in the main theater means that many less for the rest of us --- longer waits for less chance at a seat. I respect the select few VIP's rights to reserved seating, but up the count and the main stage practically becomes a VIP exclusive.

Reaction score
Last time they did the VIP, the email was sent out exclusively to the people who already purchased a 4-day pass so they could upgrade. They planned on doing a general sale the day after, but all the VIP passes were gone in like 45 minutes. I was surprised they thought there would even be a general sale lol

I purchased the 4 day ticket and everything was refunded after I ordered my VIP pass.

Thanks,
Jim

Reaction score
the masters were gone in just a couple of minutes, jedis a little longer.

If you want to get in early and can't get the VIP pass, try volunteering. I did last year, had a blast and enjoyed getting in before even the VIPs.

Reaction score
9ZharTahJot9 said:
I had the Jedi VIP Pass and still volunteered for REED and Official Pix.
It was an eye opener. Loved every minute of it!
Same here. Had the Jedi Knight package and volunteered at Offical Pix. Also tried for Reed but was that lucky.

Reaction score
So they aren't going to give any incentives for Hyperspace members? It was a nice perk getting in a little earlier than everyone else. Any chance that some other membership will take over for Hyperspace?

They could almost offer a limited number of "padawan" level VIPs so you could get in early, but no other rewards/incentives. Just a thought.

So if they don't, wouldn't they almost have to increase the number of VIP packages? If not, the prices for them WILL go up and they'll collect a premium for them. But probably worth every penny.

Reaction score
Patman4 said:
So they aren't going to give any incentives for Hyperspace members? It was a nice perk getting in a little earlier than everyone else. Any chance that some other membership will take over for Hyperspace?

They could almost offer a limited number of "padawan" level VIPs so you could get in early, but no other rewards/incentives. Just a thought.

So if they don't, wouldn't they almost have to increase the number of VIP packages? If not, the prices for them WILL go up and they'll collect a premium for them. But probably worth every penny.
Hyperspace doesn't exist anymore FYI so it's reasonable that there are no bonuses. LFL did away with the fanclub for reasons still unknown and no one has been announced to fill in for Sansweet's spot either.

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Patman4 said:

Hyperspace doesn't exist anymore FYI so it's reasonable that there are no bonuses. LFL did away with the fanclub for reasons still unknown and no one has been announced to fill in for Sansweet's spot either.
Strange on both counts....
Yet, it is inevitable that they will both be announced sooner than later.

Reaction score
I really want to add the VIP option, but I also want to volunteer too. Would that be a waste? I'm on the fence...but there's LOTS of time to mull it over.

Reaction score
Similar thoughts. I am travelling from the UK so really want to enjoy the experience as its going to cost a lot! Any advice on people who have volunteered or VIP'd previously would be appreciated.

Reaction score
JediAlba said:
Similar thoughts. I am travelling from the UK so really want to enjoy the experience as its going to cost a lot! Any advice on people who have volunteered or VIP'd previously would be appreciated.
I volunteered with Offical Pix and had a VIP package. If I wanted, I could have used the volunteer badge to get in early everyday, though I did not because I didn't think that was right or fair. I know several...repeat SEVERAL who took advantage of their volunteer badges. I just couldn't do that. So on the two days I wasn't volunteering, I waited in line like everyone else. I do feel that those who volunteer just to get in early are playing the system and I don't feel too highly of them.

Reaction score
Re:

I've been to several different cons and I've never volunteered but good volunteers have always been helpful and made my con experience a little better. So if being able to get into the con early is a volunteer perk then I think it is well-deserved for those who actually fulfill their volunteer duties. If you volunteer again you should take advantage of that privilege without feeling guilty.

I think a Padawan VIP just for getting in early is a great idea. I'd buy it. The only Hyperspace perk was being able to get in early and it was enough for me.

Reaction score
Re:

So what are we going to get for all this money this time around? Other than the early entry, etc. Last time the big bonus was the guarrented access to the main event. Odds are that George won't be there twice in a row, so what will be the big draw this year? I'd like to see maybe a similar "main event" but with Ford. While I don't think he will be a signing guest anytime soon, I do think it's possible we will see him as a panel guest one day.

Reaction score
Its 10am to 3pm ONLY and first if you were a CV VIP, then its open to others. Max 3 tickets of each VIP.