Celebration VI Transportation

Reaction score
Hey, just an FYI. I am a BIG Southwest Airlines fan because of 1) cheap flights, 2) no checked bags fees (for the first two), and 3) no change fees.

I bring this up because Southwest lowered their flight costs recently. The flight I booked in April from Denver to Orlando to go to CVI for $175+ each way was lowered to $110 each way. I rebooked the exact same flights I had originally (for no change fee) and saved $128+. It's non-refundable credit, but I can book another flight in the next year with SW (which I will use anyway) and use the credit then.

For those of you that have already booked with Southwest, you might check rates and rebook for free if prices dropped. For those of you that haven't booked yet, you might look at Southwest.

And NO, I don't work for Southwest. Just love the airline!
Patman, you are the man!! I don't know why I never thought of checking this before, but we just saved almost $400 by switching our four return flights from Sunday night (9/2) to Monday morning (Labor day). So we get to stay an extra night and go the theme parks for an additional day. I owe you a drink at some point at CVI! I would say at DIA before flying down, but I am still planning to take an earlier flight that is still at full price.

Reaction score
I booked with Southwest as well.though I have to fly out of Birmingham and not Huntsville sense Airtran pulled out of our local airport.The price was reasonable thought.Round trip was 240ish.Now I just need to rent a car.

Reaction score
Got my flight - Airtran, which I use a lot since its one of the few that flies out of Dayton, Ohio (my nearest airport). Fun thing is I get into Orlando at 11:38 a.m. :grin:

Will look into Mears from the airport to Rosen Center, and back eventually

Reaction score
Ack... Just looked at my flight, and I'm coming in on Allegent, not Air Tran. This means I'm hitting the Sanford Airport, not Orlando International. Anybody have any experience shuttling over from there? I'm staying at the Red Roof.

Reaction score
Ack... Just looked at my flight, and I'm coming in on Allegent, not Air Tran. This means I'm hitting the Sanford Airport, not Orlando International. Anybody have any experience shuttling over from there? I'm staying at the Red Roof.
I'm not sure there's a shuttle. When a part of our group flew into that airport it was an hour away by taxi unless someone can pick you up.

Reaction score
Yeah thats a good 45 mins from where you need to be. Made that mistake last time!

Reaction score
It's not for Celebration, but some one from florida can help to find the best way to use (bus ???) for going from orlando to Kennedy Space center ?

Reaction score
45 minutes doesn't bother me too much, that's how far my daily commute is. Honestly, I think I still might come out ahead. My flight into Stanford is about $200 cheaper than anything coming into MCO, and I can probably find a deal on a rental for less than a hundred. Maybe I can pick up a couple stragglers along to way to pay for gas?

Reaction score
What makes that drive from Sanford longer than it should be is the traffic on I-4 when you hit Altamonte Springs and when you hit Downtown Orlando. Not fun traffic to be in.

Reaction score
What makes that drive from Sanford longer than it should be is the traffic on I-4 when you hit Altamonte Springs and when you hit Downtown Orlando. Not fun traffic to be in.
No doubt. If it's anything like Atlanta, you definely measure the drive by time, not miles.

Although, Google maps suggests taking FL-417 to FL-528. There's a toll, and it's a couple more miles, but the drive time is the same, and you avoid I-4 all together.

Reaction score
I'm sure Atlanta, LA etc are worse but I-4 just has a special place in Floridians hearts! Sometimes a great time saver, sometimes not.

Reaction score
I lived in Orlando for 10 years. Sanford Airport is about 30 miles north of the Convention center/I-Drive area and is MUCH smaller than OIA. For many years, it wasn't doing commercial flights, but they've expanded a bit. They'll have the usual cabs but you may want to arrange a Mears shuttle or Super Shuttle to get to/from.

Reaction score
So I'm going to be at the radisson on international drive; which is not an official con hotel but the price was right. Does anyone know when/if they're going to announce the shuttle routes to and from the OCCC? I need to figure out how to find the nearest one, I usually end up walking there from that hotel at least once every time I hit Megacon, and it's a really long walk.

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a cheap shuttle that I can take from the Rosen Centre to Disney World? I've tried looking at Mears and Supper Shuttle but they are all too expensive even hiring a taxi is expensive. Last time, at C5, I was able to get a round trip shuttle for about $20. Anybody remember the name of the company that offered this?

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a cheap shuttle that I can take from the Rosen Centre to Disney World? I've tried looking at Mears and Supper Shuttle but they are all too expensive even hiring a taxi is expensive. Last time, at C5, I was able to get a round trip shuttle for about $20. Anybody remember the name of the company that offered this?
I'm not sure of the shuttle service, but you can take the bus, route 111. Go to golynx.com for info and times. There is a bus stop on Destination Parkway, near the Rosen Centre. Fixed fare is $2, according to the site. After Destination Parkway superstop, it is clear sailing to Disney. Downtown Disney 1st, then Magic Kingdom Ticket/Transportation Center 2nd. I plan on using this on Aug 21st, when I am down there. It looks pretty simple, and cheap.

Reaction score
Shuttle Information is up:

[h=1]Shuttle Bus Information[/h][h=2]Route 1 (Red)[/h]
[h=3]Hotel[/h][h=3]Location[/h]
Best Western PlusCurbside, Westwood Blvd.
Hawthorn SuitesCurbside, Westwood Blvd.
Doubletree Resort OrlandoOuter Lane, Lobby
[h=2]Route 2 (Blue)[/h]
Comfort Inn UniversalCurbside, Universal Blvd.
Wyndham OrlandoConvention Entrance
Holiday Inn Castle Curbside, Universal Blvd.
Homewood SuitesAt Springhill Suites Fountain
Hampton InnAt Springhill Suites Fountain
[h=2]Route 3 (Green)[/h]
Emb**** Suites Jamaican Ct.Curbside, Jamaican Ct.
Ramada Inn Convention Center Curbside, Jamaican Ct.
Emb**** Suites I-DriveBus Stop, International Dr.
Rosen Inn @ Pointe OrlandoBus Stop, International Dr.

[h=3]Date[/h] [h=3]Service Times[/h] [h=3]Frequency[/h]
Thursday, August 23 8:00am – 12:00pm 20 Minutes
12:00pm – 4:00pm NO SERVICE
4:00pm – 8:00pm* 20 Minutes
Friday, August 24 8:00am – 12:00pm 20 Minutes
Saturday, August 25 8:00am – 12:00pm 20 Minutes
Sunday, August 26 8:00am – 12:00pm 20 Minutes
12:00pm – 3:00pm NO SERVICE
3:00pm – 7:00pm* 20 Minutes

Reaction score
Will the Rosen Centre take you to Disney? I get in on the 22nd and was going to meet a few friends at Hollywood Studios. I don't want to take a cab because I'll go broke in the process.

Jason

Reaction score
Will the Rosen Centre take you to Disney? I get in on the 22nd and was going to meet a few friends at Hollywood Studios. I don't want to take a cab because I'll go broke in the process.

Jason
No. They have shuttles to other parks, but not Disney.
I want to go Friday and do the after 4pm Disney, but haven't yet figured out how I'm going to get there. There is discussion about how to get to Disney by bus in other threads. General Discussion, I think. The buses look like a pretty good idea, however since I'll be leaving the con @ around 3:30, I don't want to spend a lot of time on a bus.

Reaction score
Do you have to be staying at one of the hotels above to use the shuttle service? We booked through the C6 website at Hilton Orlando on International Drive. It's not on the list above, but I can't remember what the policy is on the shuttle.

Reaction score
Do you have to be staying at one of the hotels above to use the shuttle service? We booked through the C6 website at Hilton Orlando on International Drive. It's not on the list above, but I can't remember what the policy is on the shuttle.
I don't think so. They didn't check IDs or passes or anything when I used the shuttle for CV. Just find a stop on the route and wait for the shuttle to arrive.

Reaction score
Patman4 said:
I don't think so. They didn't check IDs or passes or anything when I used the shuttle for CV. Just find a stop on the route and wait for the shuttle to arrive.
Awesome. I couldn't remember. We stayed at a shuttled resort last time, so I didn't pay attention. Thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone know how much a taxi is from the airport to the Rosen Centre? I used Mears last time and it took over an hour despite being only 15 miles away from the hotel because they went around the airport 10 times looking for people to pick up. I'm not using them again.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Mears is hit/miss... when I took it for CV I was one of the last ones they picked up. But I was also one of the last ones dropped off. Going back to the airport we only stopped a couple of times so the return trip didn't take long.

But all shuttles are kind of like that and it's a trade off for the lower cost vs a taxi or private car service.

Reaction score
I rented my own car as well, but I'm also coming from the Sanford airport. SHUTTLE service would have been well over $100 for me (weird flight times).

I figure my 45min drive would be about the same as a shuttle from Orlando Airport, and I get to control my own fate :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
We fly in on Wednesday afternoon and my loving sister is driving up from Ft. Lauderdale to pick us up and hang out for the evening, so that covers our arrival. :)
As for our return trip we are probably going to just bite the bullet and take a cab ride back to the airport...unless there is a conveniently timed shuttle for a few bucks less.

Reaction score
I'm arriving on Thursday at 11:00 AM (Southwest flight from Raleigh NC). Anyone want to split a cab to the Rosen Centre / convention center? Or if you are renting a car at that time, I'd be happy to pay for a lift to the con!

Reaction score
I'm arriving on Thursday at 11:00 AM (Southwest flight from Raleigh NC). Anyone want to split a cab to the Rosen Centre / convention center? Or if you are renting a car at that time, I'd be happy to pay for a lift to the con!
I might be able to do that Jad. My flight gets in sometime around there!