Celebration VI Transportation

Reaction score
Good news if your waiting for SOUTHWEST to open the booking window for August 11th and Beyond,
I got a Tweet from a Rep and she told me that tickets will go on sale on Jan 22nd. :)
I got the same tweet as well, and the rep also said they could possibly expand their reservation system out sooner than Jan. 22nd, so keep checking daily! :eagerness:

Reaction score
For V, We left Indy at 10am and got into MCO at Noon.
No other airline for VI , has any direct flight besides Southwest. And Southwest just raised there prices from $99 to $135. UGH

Reaction score
I'm looking at about $400 roundtrip on AA for me and my brother.

Then again, we could fly standby for free like we always do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those that have been looking at flights, Is anyone else having trouble with ANY airline getting No Stop flights? I am and whats odd is that in 10' I had no problem getting one with southwest from Indy.

Reaction score
I had no problem finding a flight from NJ/Flo..I bought my ticket back on OCT 1, Continental Non stop for $188.

Reaction score
Found last night that AirTran (sister to Southwest) has early Direct flights for $99 one way last night. They do charge $20 per checked bag but that's ok if Im in O by 10am.Right now Southwest only has one direct flight into O from Indy and thats not till 5pm. So AirTran might be my new choice.

Reaction score
Found last night that AirTran (sister to Southwest) has early Direct flights for $99 one way last night. They do charge $20 per checked bag but that's ok if Im in O by 10am.Right now Southwest only has one direct flight into O from Indy and thats not till 5pm. So AirTran might be my new choice.
Just as long as you get there, my friend. Just as long as you get there. :friendly_wink:

Reaction score
Booked my flights with Southwest this morning. Under $400 total for two from NY - not bad at all.

Also reserved my Luxury Car with Mears Transportation again.

All set to go!

Reaction score
Southwest didn't offer me anything better or cheaper than Jetblue so I chose Jetblue, even though I get there later than I wanted. I'm just glad this part is done. :)

Reaction score
Same here Jeditrainee, I ended up going Delta because of the 10AM arrival time in O.And I tried aplying the Delta code from OnePeak and it did NOT work.
I paid $260 RDT 1 stop.

Reaction score
Just booked my flight with Southwest, both ways direct from Raleigh/Durham. $245 total ain't bad, plus I get two free checked bags. Hoping one of those will be my soon-to-be-completed Stormtrooper costume!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on transportation while in Orlando. I will be staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villa's because I a DVC member. Last year I had a heck of a time finding transportation to and from Disney property. My thought this year is to just rent a car. I would like to save the money and find a better way. Does anyone have any suggestions. Rental cars are looking like $45 a day right now which I think is a bit high. Plus I have to pay for parking at the Con. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reaction score
There is an Enterprise INSIDE the Rosen Centre. The rates are much cheaper. I would suggest checking there. I did that at CV.

Reaction score
There is an Enterprise INSIDE the Rosen Centre. The rates are much cheaper. I would suggest checking there. I did that at CV.
ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL from 8-21-2012 to 8-27-2012

Economy --------------- $358.15/$447.20 USD ------ Per Week
Compact --------------- $366.70/$457.29 USD
Intermediate ---------- $375.25/$467.31 USD
Standard -------------- $409.45/$507.36 USD
Full Size --------------- $422.75/$522.96 USD
Mini Van --------------- $582.35/$709.93 USD

ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT to ROSEN CENTRE HOTEL (as an example)

Mears On-Line Reservations ------ 8-21-2012 to 8-27-2012
$30.00 round trip
$19.00 one way

Reaction score
Anyone else leave Monday morning? There was a water line break or something near the airport. It was a traffic nightmare. I thought our Mears driver actually worked a minor miracle getting us all through it and to our flights on time.
I remember that! I was riding the bus to the airport and saw all the traffic backed up. The bus was on the side streets so it didn't affect us. I saw on the news at the airport that there was a water line break. In fact the water line break was the only way I got on the flight, as enough people were late to the airport and I was able to get on a full flight.
I fly Jet Blue, my wife is an employee and we fly for free. :) But we have to fly standby, which can cause problems when the flights are full.

Reaction score
I'm a little slow getting on this string, but I used Mears for transport to and from the airport for CV. It worked great and was really affordable. A plus (and an endorsement) was going to my hotel, shared a shuttle with Peter Mayhew and his wife(?). The ONLY bad thing I can come up with is that they pick you up WAY early heading back to the airport. I think for a 3pm flight, they picked me up around noon or similar because they make several stops at other hotels to take a full van.

I also just booked a flight from Denver to Orlando through Southwest. The total was $350 roundtrip, but that was after a 20% discount (for having a family member working for Southwest) and a $50 gift card. I was pleased with that except one of the only direct flights departs at 8am. Gotta be up by 5am to get there. Hope they have free pillows on the plane! :)

Reaction score
I, too, flew to CV.From Michigan to Chicago to Orlando in a couple of hours.
Used MEAR S transportation.
Had breakfast in Michigan and lunch in Orlando!

Reaction score
I was thinking of using MEARS taxi service for late night parties and their shuttles for hotel/airport, I've never used them (or been to Orlando for that matter) but all my research points back to them so they must be the best

Reaction score
Living here I recommend public transportation unless you're coming with a big family. Also if you're flying in to the Orlando-Sanford airport, instead of Orlando International please allow an extra hour to travel.

Reaction score
I also used Mears without any problems. Although I usually arrive the day before and leave on Sunday morning.

Reaction score
I know most of this thread is about flights, and maybe this is posted elsewhere, but I wanted to remind everyone that once you actuall arrive at the convention center, you will be required to pay each day for parking. I know from CV that some people were not expecting that, so it's a good thing to know in advance. The last time I was there, back in March of this year, parking was $7.00. I can't remember the exact cost it was each day for C5, but around $7.00 sounds right.

Reaction score
I know most of this thread is about flights, and maybe this is posted elsewhere, but I wanted to remind everyone that once you actuall arrive at the convention center, you will be required to pay each day for parking. I know from CV that some people were not expecting that, so it's a good thing to know in advance. The last time I was there, back in March of this year, parking was $7.00. I can't remember the exact cost it was each day for C5, but around $7.00 sounds right.
And please correct me if I'm wrong, but, wasn't the parking a bit of a walk to OCCC?

Reaction score
Hey, just an FYI. I am a BIG Southwest Airlines fan because of 1) cheap flights, 2) no checked bags fees (for the first two), and 3) no change fees.

I bring this up because Southwest lowered their flight costs recently. The flight I booked in April from Denver to Orlando to go to CVI for $175+ each way was lowered to $110 each way. I rebooked the exact same flights I had originally (for no change fee) and saved $128+. It's non-refundable credit, but I can book another flight in the next year with SW (which I will use anyway) and use the credit then.

For those of you that have already booked with Southwest, you might check rates and rebook for free if prices dropped. For those of you that haven't booked yet, you might look at Southwest.

And NO, I don't work for Southwest. Just love the airline!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Secured my rental car for the week ! What a deal ! Less than I paid for the rides to and from the airport at CV

Reaction score
What company? I thought of using Mears and then the Enterprise inside the Rosen Centre.

Reaction score
And please correct me if I'm wrong, but, wasn't the parking a bit of a walk to OCCC?

Parking was $8 per day(though I expected $10+). And the walk wasnt cool because they dont open the entrance by the parking until I guess after the official opening times. You had to walk all the way around the CC.

Reaction score
Just got our flights booked through Air Tran. I was going to book Southwest but they had NO(?) returning flights back here on that Monday. I'm coming with 3 friends so we'll split cabs and vans four ways to cut costs(gas, parking, rental car fee).

Is it August yet???????:awesome:

James

Reaction score
I'm taking Air Tran too. Have you figured out the best way to get from the Sanford airport over to the hotels?

Reaction score
Thinking about renting a car this year for some easier transportation. And since I'm staying at the Rosen Centre, I can keep the car parked there.

DS1000- Let me know what you decide to do and what kind of deal you get. Hit me up via PM or on FB.