Celebration VI Transportation

Reaction score
I hope the bus situation to Disney is run better this time around. Two bus times total was no especially helpful.

Reaction score
There was mention of a shuttle service between some of the hotels and the convention center on the updated website.

Reaction score
I wonder when flights will be available? What is the general rule of thumb - one year in advance? Most of the website don't have options to purchase airfare past one year from now.

Reaction score
I thought that the shuttel to Disney was really convenient, the only problem I had was afterward. THey didn't offer a way back to the OCCC so my brother and I were hoping from bus to bus for 4 hours until we finally got a cab. We didn't get back to our hotel until about four in the morning! So, I too hope the shuttles are handled better

Reaction score
alexandre_zih said:
I thought that the shuttel to Disney was really convenient, the only problem I had was afterward. THey didn't offer a way back to the OCCC so my brother and I were hoping from bus to bus for 4 hours until we finally got a cab. We didn't get back to our hotel until about four in the morning! So, I too hope the shuttles are handled better
My experience with the shuttle service from Disney was great!
The bus that I was on had taken us right to the doorstep of our hotel. At Disney we were asked which hotel we were staying at. The shuttle representative told us to walk down to Bus #179 where all of our hotels were in a specfic[sic} area. Very convenient.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
I wonder when flights will be available? What is the general rule of thumb - one year in advance? Most of the website don't have options to purchase airfare past one year from now.
]

I believe that you can not book a flight more than 330 days in the future - atleast that is the message my wife got when she was trying to book Jet Blue online

If this is the case, flights cannot be booked until sometime in Sept

Reaction score
9ZharTahJot9 said:
alexandre_zih said:
My experience with the shuttle service from Disney was great!
The bus that I was on had taken us right to the doorstep of our hotel. At Disney we were asked which hotel we were staying at. The shuttle representative told us to walk down to Bus #179 where all of our hotels were in a specfic[sic} area. Very convenient.
Yeah, we talked to a Disney employee. The problem was that no bus went directly to our hotel (we were broke and cheap travelers with a rundown hotel) We followed their directions but still didn't get there. It wasn't really anybodys fault, it was just a pain

Reaction score
Have to wait to purchase airfare. the latest I can order tickets right now is Jan 2012 with Southwest. 1hr 40 flight from New Orleans to O'lando. I found out AFTER the fact my hotel provides transportation to and from the airport last year. Will be taking advantage of that service next year. They provided shuttle buses to and from the OCCC, which was really cool, even though I could of walked the mile. Also have a friend that lives in Orlando who picked me up and took me out for dinner and mini golf.

Reaction score
vader2001 said:
JustinL said:
epsilonjedi said:
Does Rosen Centre offer shuttle service from the airport?
Just as a heads-up, this is the service we used to get to/from the airport and The Peabody:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/
Mears is the service I used last year. It was really easy and only $14 each way.
+1 for Mears. Worked very well. I used the buses the Con provided for my ride back to the airport though.

The one catch with Mears is that they will only take you to and from your hotel. They will not pick you up at the convention center. So if you do not plan on being able to get back to your hotel the day you are leaving, you'll need a different option.

Reaction score
Does anyone know is a child air line ticket is as much as a adult? My 10 year old will be going for the first time and we will be flying.
Eric

Reaction score
ECHO_3 said:
Does anyone know is a child air line ticket is as much as a adult? My 10 year old will be going for the first time and we will be flying.
Eric
Some airlines offer a small discount for children, but many charge exactly the same. Sad but true.

Reaction score
I used Mears as well!

Also, if you want to rent a car. Rent at the Enterprise INSIDE the Rosen Centre.

I save a ton of $$$ despite adding the cost of Mears.

Reaction score
Jorbex said:
ECHO_3 said:
Eric
Some airlines offer a small discount for children, but many charge exactly the same. Sad but true.
This is true. But even still, I think 10 would be too old for any kind of discount.

Reaction score
Is Mears the same service that all of the Rosen hotels use?
Is this the cheapest ride from the Airport to the hotel?
It seems 30$ RDT for a 15 min ride is a little high.

Reaction score
vader2001 said:
JustinL said:
epsilonjedi said:
Does Rosen Centre offer shuttle service from the airport?
Just as a heads-up, this is the service we used to get to/from the airport and The Peabody:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/
Mears is the service I used last year. It was really easy and only $14 each way.
Maybe it was just me and a few other folks but I had a bad experience with them. It took at least a half hour after my flight touched down for them to come to the gate for pickup. Then we wasted another 30-45 minutes driving in circles at the airport to squish as many people in as possible. So after all was said and done it was nearly 2 hours from the time my flight touched down to the time I was in the hotel. There was a couple who were so pissed off at them driving in circles at the airport that they asked to get off and got a taxi instead. I would've done that too had I not already paid for roundtrip service. I'm glad you guys had a good experience with them but I will NOT be using them again.

Now that I think about it, I believe the OCCC has shuttle service to/from the airport as I remember seeing a sign outside. Might be worth checking out anyways.

Reaction score
Sorry about that, epsilon.

I think for the most part Mears is the best option. Taxes and shuttles don't come cheap otherwise. I went with Mears last time and it was perfect.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
For CV, I booked our flight (Indy 2 Orlando ) on Feb 10. Could not book return till April 20th(?)
It was cheaper to book one way then rd trip + to book a round trip I would have wated till April and I am impatient

Reaction score
OnPeak has updated there web site so that when you click on the "Flights" tab ,IT now gives two airlines ;Delta and American with a coming soon "Code" . Delta has a 2-7% discount and American has a 5% listed. I hope Southwest gets a code .

Reaction score
I used Mears as that's the service we've used for years going to/from Disney. They run the Disney Magical Express shuttles now (used to be the same yellow/black buses as their shuttles).

My van was full to the brim and took maybe 45 mins or so from the airport to the hotel. On the way back it was about the same. I think we made two stops after they picked me up so it wasn't too bad.

Anyone else leave Monday morning? There was a water line break or something near the airport. It was a traffic nightmare. I thought our Mears driver actually worked a minor miracle getting us all through it and to our flights on time.

Reaction score
I left the rosen centre early sun morning b/c my friend waited till the last minute to get airplane tickets and had the worst flight time imaginable. We were only told about "their" shuttle/taxi service that cost $50. I thought it seemed like a total rip off but I got to ride in an escalade.

Reaction score
Just a heads up.
Most of the major Airlines are booking NOW for August 23- 30
SouthWest is booking out till June
Air Tran is booking out till Aug 3rd.

Id say by Dec 1 ,all airlines will be booking for 8/12

Reaction score
Just a heads up.
Most of the major Airlines are booking NOW for August 23- 30
SouthWest is booking out till June
Air Tran is booking out till Aug 3rd.

Id say by Dec 1 ,all airlines will be booking for 8/12
Thanks for the heads-up!

Reaction score
Good news if your waiting for SOUTHWEST to open the booking window for August 11th and Beyond,
I got a Tweet from a Rep and she told me that tickets will go on sale on Jan 22nd. :)
Right now if you put in Aug 1 and return on the 6th ,From Indiana to MCO anyways, its around $220 RD trip. :)
So lets hope it stays that low for a few more months.