Celebration VI RS Forum Member Meet-up

Reaction score
hopefully whoever plans the TFN/RS after party can figure out that the band was way to loud last time...Aaron Allston was sitting at our table and had to leave the party after the first song because the band was SO loud....but other than I enjoy those meet up paries and such and would be game for whatever....

Reaction score
I'd like to take a big scummer group pic! It's long overdue IMO. Philip is a must in it.

Reaction score
Id be well up for this - i love when we have the meet ups in london! Travelling from Scotland so want to put as many faces to rs names as possible when im over!

Reaction score
I'm all in as well

I know that some Scummers have thrown out some ideas about places & we obviously have some time to plan, but any volunteers to take the lead on this

I wouldn't mind pitching in, but I'm not to familar with the logistics of Orlando

Just an idea - but can we put a sticky on the top of this thread stating that by X date we will post the when & where in this thread

That way members know when to come back & check when we get closer to CVI

Reaction score
In as well! Like I said I'll be there with car from probably the Sunday before, and I'll be in my hotel by Tuesday. The days before I'll be commuting from Lakeland each morning. I can def give a ride to WM etc for us to pick up supplies etc. I'd also be willing to throw in a few raffle/trivia gifts etc.

Reaction score
I'm in... be there sometime on Wednesday.

Agree on the TFN party last year - wow was that place noisy. I grabbed some food and bolted after just a few minutes. If it's in a room that small - no live music.

Reaction score
Best time to do any type of pic would be Wedneday night or Thurday after the con. Trying to do anything during the con will be very difficult as there are things going on all day.

Friday, the 501st has something going on. Saturday will probably have another Disney thing. And Sunday, I know some people leave right after con to go home.

Reaction score
I'm in. It would be great to connect some names and faces. Where and which night was the party at CV?

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Best time to do any type of pic would be Wedneday night or Thurday after the con. Trying to do anything during the con will be very difficult as there are things going on all day.

Friday, the 501st has something going on. Saturday will probably have another Disney thing. And Sunday, I know some people leave right after con to go home.
Ok, so that narrows it down to Wed or Thurs

Just wondering - I thought I heard with the VIP packages, that you can some kind of pre-Celebration benefit on Wed. Would this get to together interfere with that if it was on a Wed?

Reaction score
We could do a bbq Wednesday afternoon. there is a beautiful spring/park about 30 min from I drive with grills and pavilions that would be a great place for some fun and food.They have a big play ground for the kids and a great spring for swimming,snorkeling and tubing.It would be a great place to unwind before the four days of awesomeness. Here is a link to some pics of the place.
http://tinyurl.com/3krzac9

Reaction score
Coming on my own from Scotland so would love to meet up with fellow Star Wars fans!

Reaction score
claxdog said:
We could do a bbq Wednesday afternoon. there is a beautiful spring/park about 30 min from I drive with grills and pavilions that would be a great place for some fun and food.They have a big play ground for the kids and a great spring for swimming,snorkeling and tubing.It would be a great place to unwind before the four days of awesomeness. Here is a link to some pics of the place.
I'm game for that. What a beautiful place. I lived half my life in Florida and never new that was there.

Reaction score
Darth_Steve said:
claxdog said:
I'm game for that. What a beautiful place. I lived half my life in Florida and never new that was there.
Sounds like a great idea - only thing that might be a potential deterent for scummers is transporation to & from

Reaction score
Just an idea - but is there anyway that we could do a RS group picture sometime at the convention? Of course one at a meet-up would be great too, but it seems like doing a group picture at the place where everyone will most definitely be would be a plus.

Reaction score
JediMasterScully said:
Just an idea - but is there anyway that we could do a RS group picture sometime at the convention? Of course one at a meet-up would be great too, but it seems like doing a group picture at the place where everyone will most definitely be would be a plus.
That would be harder but defintely worth it. Including the fact that some of us will be in costume and we could get VIP's in the picture as well (Steve Sansweet, Dave Filoni, etc.)

Reaction score
jedichase said:
JediMasterScully said:
That would be harder but defintely worth it. Including the fact that some of us will be in costume and we could get VIP's in the picture as well (Steve Sansweet, Dave Filoni, etc.)
Like that idea!

Reaction score
JediMasterScully said:
I like the concept of this idea as well. plus we could have the backdrop of the CVI logo in the background as well. I'm sure if we asked Reeds if we could get a large group photo at the convention (maybe right after it closes for the day or opens) they would give us the shot.

love the idea of getting some of the big names at the convention to pose as well. would really love it if we could get Official Pix involved as well and maybe get us some of the celebrities in there as well.

count me in for a group pic.

Reaction score
Will be travelling to Orlando from London with my room share friend on 20th August and staying for 1 week this time!

Staying at the Rosen Centre as opposed to the Econo Lodge last time!

I have a growing list of who I want to meet at CVI, but even more fans would be great!!

I hope there's a Rebelscum party again like last year and of course the 501st Bash again!! LOL!

Reaction score
If it is a RS pic....please no "big names". Filoni, Sansweet, no thanks.

Get Wise and Wyman and whatever members that can be there. Keep it simple.

Reaction score
DarkArtist said:
JediMasterScully said:
I like the concept of this idea as well. plus we could have the backdrop of the CVI logo in the background as well. I'm sure if we asked Reeds if we could get a large group photo at the convention (maybe right after it closes for the day or opens) they would give us the shot.

love the idea of getting some of the big names at the convention to pose as well. would really love it if we could get Official Pix involved as well and maybe get us some of the celebrities in there as well.

count me in for a group pic.
That's the kind of things I was thinking: CVI logo or some sort of CVI backdrop, people already in costume, etc. I never thought about adding big names but that's cool too. I saw so many empty rooms last year that it made me think that we could probably get permission to use one of the rooms for 2 hours one day... or just do something in the exhibit hall or downstairs. There were lots of places that a large group of people could get together and take a group picture even if we don't get to use a room.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:

Agreed. Can we get into the building on Wednesday night if we are not VIP? Not necessarily in the exhibit hall but maybe just to be able to get inside to stand in front of the sign.

If not, Thursday, after the con would be best. If we try to do it during it will be very difficult.

Philip & Chris, how soon after the con can you guys meet up?

Reaction score
You should be able to get in Wednesday afternoon/early evening in the lower area for a while, we usually get there on Wednesdays and they have the tables open for ticket pick up, etc. We also were able to walk around pretty much the whole convention area Wednesday and there was very few people there milling about, mostly just setting up. The signs were all up if you wanted to stage a photo.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
DarthBeek said:

Agreed. Can we get into the building on Wednesday night if we are not VIP? Not necessarily in the exhibit hall but maybe just to be able to get inside to stand in front of the sign.

If not, Thursday, after the con would be best. If we try to do it during it will be very difficult.

Yikes guys! It's still a year away. No way I can tell you anything about times and dates this far out.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
deathstar1000 said:
DarthBeek said:

Yikes guys! It's still a year away. No way I can tell you anything about times and dates this far out.
Last year you could definitely get into the building wednesday days and evening, just not the exhibit hall etc unless you had the appropriate staff/exhibitor badges. I suspect next year will be the same, except for the VIP Celebration store event preview. So unless you have one of the aforementioned badges, I would say the meet could only be outside of the exhibit hall in the lobby.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
Thats why we get you guys scheduled in right now, so you won't make other plans. LOL!

Reaction score
Just keep in mind some folks might be coming in later on Wednesday. If possible might be best to shoot for a group pic on Thursday/Friday. If it's early in the evening it shouldn't interfere with parties and the like hosted by other groups. A get-together is one thing, i.e. if someone can't make it bc of travel plans. But a picture is pretty easy to arrange and you'd hate to miss out on some folks who simply can't do it on Wednesday. I was in a shuttle full of CV attendees last year and we didn't get to our hotels until after 7. I'm planning on arriving earlier this year if I can find the right flights.

Reaction score
I normally arrive at least one to two days early to scout out the premisises[sic].
Gives me enough time to know where everything is at. There were quite a few
CV fans doing the same thing. I'm actually arriving on Tuesday morning.

Reaction score
I was at the Tfn party, but really didn't enjoy much. I was at the table as a volunteer helping guest out. And yes the band was to loud when playing. But count me in for a Scum meeting...:eek:nthego: