Celebration VI Poll

Most importanly will you be buying this wave? If your buying a selected few then who?

• No none! Got them already

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes buying them all

• Darth Vader

• Anakin Skywalker

• Yoda

• Commander Bacara

• Clonetrooper

• Clone Pilot

• Chewbacca

• Obi-Wan Kenobi

• General Grievous

• Mace Windu

• R2-D2

• Destroyer Droid

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Although Indianapolis would be right in my back yard, I'd love to see CVI in the pacific northwest. San Francisco or Seattle would be my top choices. Both cities I've always wanted to visit, and this would be a great excuse to go spend a week there.

Reaction score
Orlando is ridiculously costly. Have you tried buying a large coke from a McDonalds?? It's like 5 bucks!

I am surprised more folks who live outside of Florida haven't chimed in at the amount of money to be spent at the attractions other than the convention. I took my family which consists of my wife and two kids and if we go to Orlando again, there is no way we can afford the Disney World or Universal Studios add-on expenses. For us, personally, we would have to whatever free time outside of the con bellied-up on a beach. This year's Orlando trip was the most expensive vacation in the states we'd ever been on.....

My vote is anywhere but Orlando.....my preference would be in the midwest, but I wouldn't mind taking the family up east....

Reaction score
dxdave said:
Orlando is ridiculously costly. Have you tried buying a large coke from a McDonalds?? It's like 5 bucks!
Unless you got that coke in one of the theme parks' restaurants, there's no way a McD's charged you that much. I actually found Orlando to be cheaper than LA, particularly regarding hotels.

Nobody forced anyone to go to Disney and Universal, so I think it's a bit unfair to list the Orlando theme parks as disadvantages, but that's just me.

Reaction score
Jorbex said:
dxdave said:
Unless you got that coke in one of the theme parks' restaurants, there's no way a McD's charged you that much. I actually found Orlando to be cheaper than LA, particularly regarding hotels.

Nobody forced anyone to go to Disney and Universal, so I think it's a bit unfair to list the Orlando theme parks as disadvantages, but that's just me.
Orlando was very cheap. We had a Mcd's by our hotel and it was no where near that price for a large pop. LA was the most expensive one I have been to. Indy was probably the cheapest since I could drive there. Even Vegas is more expensive than Orlando. I got airfare to MCO for under $200. I split a hotel room with some RS guys. So over all hotel and air was under $300. Finding air under $300 for most of the other locations that have been brought up is really difficult!

Reaction score
Chris, I say run this poll until the end of the month. On the 1st start up a new poll with the top five cities.

Reaction score
Jorbex said:
dxdave said:

Yeah, I mentioned it was "like" 5 bucks....5 bucks for my wife and I...so two cokes and it was at the Lake Buena Vista McDonalds....and true, nobody "forced" anyone to go to Disney or Universal, but come on from cryin' out loud....do you have kids??? How do you take a family of four to Orlando, Florida and not go to ONE theme park especially when you have kids under the age of 10?

Reaction score
dxdave said:
Jorbex said:
dxdave said:

Yeah, I mentioned it was "like" 5 bucks....5 bucks for my wife and I...so two cokes and it was at the Lake Buena Vista McDonalds....and true, nobody "forced" anyone to go to Disney or Universal, but come on from cryin' out loud....do you have kids??? How do you take a family of four to Orlando, Florida and not go to ONE theme park especially when you have kids under the age of 10?
I have a three-year old, who's far too young to go to one of these things, so he stayed home with my wife. I certainly agree that if you bring the whole family, then you should certainly make the effort to do the theme park run. But please don't blame Star Wars for that!

Reaction score
I hear you guys regarding the "do not blame" the theme parks in Orlando debate....however, this same argument was used in comments as to why C5 should have been at Orlando to begin with.....kind of double-edged.

Granted, if you are attending without the family and in some cases without the wife, Orlando is great......but if kids are going with you to Orlando, it is a valid argument that the theme parks would be sorely missed if you did not take them. Again, both arguments to be made.

Personally, I went to C2 with a buddy, C3 with the family, C4 with a buddy, and C5 with the family.....I am ready for an entirely new location to consider a place without taking the family and without any possible feelings of guilt for not doing so.

Reaction score
A state never chosen before? 30th Anniversary of ESB? Alaska = Hoth....missed opportunity.

Reaction score
d_edwards said:
I think they need to just keep choosing a state that never hosted before.
lets not forget the rest of the world

Being in the UK and having Star Wars film here etc, then maybe the UK again or Europe.

The world is Lucas's oyster

Reaction score
i voted for NY because it's a short train ride from my house and I wouldn't have to worry about getting a hotel room, booking airfare etc....

If it was in Florida again then I would still go but I think I would take an extra 2 days this time and drive down so that I can load up on more stuff. trying to cram everything into a suitcase as well as shipping stuff home was expensive.

Reaction score
I'd like to see San Francisco in the running- hosts alot of conventions already (think of any technology company or technology group - it's hosted here) and minutes away from the center of the Lucas empire.

Reaction score
I voted to keep it in Orlando. I had no problems with the facilities or the number of hotels nearby. I did eat at McDonald's too many times, though.

Reaction score
Yeah, keep it in Orlando. Easy to get around, and easy for families to make a week long vacation out of it with Disney World right there.

Reaction score
Nevermind where it's located, will there even BE a C6 without Sansweet? Will it even be as close to the quality of C5 without him?

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Nevermind where it's located, will there even BE a C6 without Sansweet? Will it even be as close to the quality of C5 without him?
I have complete faith in Mary, Bonnie, Pablo, and the rest of the team that they will make C6 (and all future Celebrations) live up to the gold standard that has been set by Steve.

Reaction score
I agree, Justin. Steve has done a great job, but he's only one part of the greater Lucasfilm team. After 7 Celebrations, you can bet that they're well aware of how to run these things.

CSD

Reaction score
Keep it in Orlando. Great location, great entertainment and all the parks around. They just need to advertise it better and earlier than what they did with CV.

Reaction score
CSD said:
Keep it in Orlando. Great location, great entertainment and all the parks around. They just need to advertise it better and earlier than what they did with CV.
i can agree to that. Orlando is a nice place to hold it but definately needs to be advertising at least 1 year in advance... I was scrambling those few months before trying to put the money aside and booking hotel and airfare.. would have loved to be able to stay closer to the convention center. hopefully when C VI hits I'll be able to stay in one of the adjacent hotels and be able to enjoy some of the after parties etc.

Reaction score
Orlando is great! Great location, Great hotels and DISNEY!

During CV Disney had free meal plan which was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.