Celebration VI Poll

Most importanly will you be buying this wave? If your buying a selected few then who?

• No none! Got them already

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes buying them all

• Darth Vader

• Anakin Skywalker

• Yoda

• Commander Bacara

• Clonetrooper

• Clone Pilot

• Chewbacca

• Obi-Wan Kenobi

• General Grievous

• Mace Windu

• R2-D2

• Destroyer Droid

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It would be nice to have maybe 2-3 choices. I have two strong choices

Reaction score
Thanks Chris!

I say after having this up for a week or two, we get the top five and run the poll again.

Reaction score
I voted for New York, because that'd be local for me. Not having to pay for hotel, travel, or (premium) food would allow me to spend an extra $1000 on art and autographs.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Thanks Chris!

I say after having this up for a week or two, we get the top five and run the poll again.
Sounds good to me.

Reaction score
I'd go back to Orlando in a second. I'd be fine with Indianapolis or Baltimore also. I'm from NY and I can't even recommend NY as a good choice.

Philadelphia should be on future lists, when the convention center finishes its expansion it's going to be huge.

E...

Reaction score
I voted Orlando. But I've always thought it would be really fun to have something in Denver again to commemorate C1. And yes, I'm being serious.

Reaction score
As interesting as this poll is its not like they're going to choose the city based on our results.

Reaction score
Chicago #2 Mini and Dallas running neck and neck, bring it back to the Midwest!

Reaction score
Nice job Chris, at least the data collected will show where some of the interest is.

Reaction score
Well I vote for Mpls, but imo nothing could beat how cheap the hotels where in Orlando. I did like the city of Indy and my hotel was cheap. I drove to Indy for c3 so I would be ok with Indy or Chicago.

Rod I would have thought you would have voted for Nashville by now!

Reaction score
For the money, I still believe Orlando makes the most sense. Cheap airfare and cheap hotel rooms mean more money to spend at the convention. Plus, throw in all the other nearby attractions and its the perfect location.

Reaction score
I am torn, I loved Orlando and I think it would be a perfect place to do it again. I voted Baltimore because it is close to me. I also would love Chicago or Denver because i have free lodging there. The only thing I have against Denver and Orlando is the cost to travel.

Reaction score
I voted Indianapolis.

When the new convention center is done I hear it will be very nice.

I was at C2 & C3 and I loved how close the hotels were to the convention center. The catwalks from hotels to the con were great.
I liked how everything was so close and very affordable.

The mall was right next door to the Omni Hotel.

Restaruants were all close by and very affordable.

I am from the Boston area and would not want Celebration here. Boston is just not the right fit for a Celebration.

I say a big no to L.A. too expensive for everything.

But if C6 is in Orlando again I wouldn't mind that either.

Wherever it is I will pretty much be there.

Reaction score
Indy or Chicago would be my first choices (convenience factor). Orlando would work ONLY if it were spring or fall. I have a chronically ill hubby who cannot handle the heat. He suffered horribly during C% going back and forth

Reaction score
It's interesting that while Orlando is the single most popular location, the majority of people want it somewhere else. Ahh stats, 50% of all stats are false!

Reaction score
Ross_C said:
It's interesting that while Orlando is the single most popular location, the majority of people want it somewhere else. Ahh stats, 50% of all stats are false!
Actually, the majority of people (53%) want it in Orlando, at least so far.

Reaction score
Ross_C said:
Still shows as just under 47% for Orlando to me.
Really? that's odd; I see 46 out of 86 votes for Orlando, representing 53% of the total.

Reaction score
Fraken BB I was seeing it as a decimal LOL...Orlando is at 53 heh sry

Reaction score
Ross_C said:
Fraken BB I was seeing it as a decimal LOL...Orlando is at 53 heh sry
No worries; it's barely over half of the total, so it's true that there's lots of people with other opinions.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Orlando was great in my opinion. Cheap hotels, lots of food choices, cheap airfare, other attractions for the family, etc. The only issue I had was the heat and humidity but that wasn't an issue till I was in Disney the week following the con. I was very comfortable in the hall while I was there. I only voted for a different location just to see other parts of the country. I would love Vegas and Chicago. Unfortunately I see Chicago being like NY and LA with higher hotels and airfares, more expensive food options and the like. Living just outside NYC it would be super convenient for me to have it here, however I realize people would be complaining endlessly about the costs of everything. NYC is not a cheap place to visit.

I think Reed and Lucasfilm have to decide what it is that they are looking for when they pick the next location. Is cost their main factor for them or the attendees? Is it the ease of travel for the attendees that improves attendance or the alternating coast theory that alienates a good portion of the population no matter what side you are on? Is it the availability of a convention center at a certain time frame? All these, and other factors, should be considered closely by Reed and Lucasfilm for their next celebration. (assuming Reed remains)

Of course you will never make everyone happy. Perhaps they should just make it a travelling roadshow so everyone can have it setup in their backyards every weekend.
That would make some complainers happy.

Mike

Reaction score
Didn't even have to think about it: Indianapolis. It's my favorite convention city, and with their expansion the space issues of CII and CIII should be a thing of the past.

Chicago would (tentatively) be my second choice, but I honestly wouldn't mind going back to L.A. They were building a bunch of hotels closer to the convention center during CIV that should be done by now.

But wherever we go, I think a return to spring is the most important factor. I hated Orlando, but if we'd gone in spring I could probably downgrade it to a mildly-annoyed.

Reaction score
Orlando.

It's the obvious location to have such an event.

You could argue that other cities constantly hold other similar conventions.

Orlando and Star Wars seems to fit together nicely. Maybe tie the next one in with the Star Tours re-opening or something like that?

Reaction score
Orlando.

It was perfect. There was a rich blend of sun and loads of fun to have.

As much as I would love New York, I just don't think it is fan/family friendly....and it is expensive.

Orlando. Stay with what is working!

Reaction score
wow, lot's of Orlando's. I definatly enjoyed Orlando, but would like to see it move around each time. Plus putting it or one side of the country or the other leaves out a lot of people who don't want to travel that far. Even StarWarsShop didn't bring anything cause it was just too expensive for them. A more central location would be nice that's easy for everyone. (except us out of country people, cause it's far and expensive for us no matter what)

Reaction score
I voted orlando. I had a blast there. Plus I met up with some friends and got to see places I havent been to in years

Reaction score
I voted for Nashville.Hey you can't blame a guy for trying
.I think Orlando is a good location.I too had a great time at C5.

Status
Not open for further replies.