Celebration VI Hotels

Reaction score
FYI - I just rebooked outside of the OnPeak/Celebration website for my hotel (Emb**** Suites International Dr), and saved $100+. It definitely pays to look at whatever hotel you are staying at both through the Celebration website and outside it. Never know, but you might save a little.
Great call, Patman, just saved $200. I owe you a drink at the Icebar (if they have one set up again)

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI - I just rebooked outside of the OnPeak/Celebration website for my hotel (Emb**** Suites International Dr), and saved $100+. It definitely pays to look at whatever hotel you are staying at both through the Celebration website and outside it. Never know, but you might save a little.
Suggested the same a couple of weeks ago... I rebooked at the same hotel via their website and am saving money and got a better room. Plus I avoided the deposit that was due to hit a month in advance.

Reaction score
I too will be at the Radisson International Drive.

It'll be kinda nice to have other people from the same con staying there too; when I go for Megacon it's usually full of cheerleaders from the cheer competition that always seems to be on the same dates:rolleyes:

If it's the Raddison in Lake Buena Vista, you made an excellent choice -

Was there for CV & the room was amazing & like you said the price was very reasonable

Opted for Rosen Centre this time as I wanted to be closer to all the action
Nope the Radisson International Drive is about 2 blocks toward the OCCC from the Wyndham. I've stayed there before and it's really nice for the price. Good news is its only 2 blocks from the TF.Net party, bad news it's actually closer to 1.5mi from the OCCC in sidewalk distance.

Reaction score
Suggested the same a couple of weeks ago... I rebooked at the same hotel via their website and am saving money and got a better room. Plus I avoided the deposit that was due to hit a month in advance.
I just did the same thing with my hotel, booked directly and saved $100+ overall. Also if you have AAA (let them know) most places also offer a discount for that as well.

Reaction score
I just did the same thing with my hotel, booked directly and saved $100+ overall. Also if you have AAA (let them know) most places also offer a discount for that as well.
I also rebooked. I am staying at the Wyndham for $55 a night instead of $69 a night via OnPeak. Plus booking via the website I got a night free so it's a win/win situation.

Reaction score
Have to take a photo of the hotel I'm staying at - looks massive!!! Free wi-fi helps international customers as my phone internet will be turned for the duration of my stay! I'll use my iTouch iPod which has a wi-fi facility on it! :)

Reaction score
Little late... but I'm suddenly up in the air on my hotel. I've been booked at the Orlando Hilton for months, even re-booking to save a little. But the Rosen Centre has rooms available for $50 less and it's obviously at the center of things (no pun intended). I'd be giving up Hilton Honors points if I change to Rosen Centre. But it's a 1/2 mile closer to the con and where plenty of other folks are staying.

Any opinions? I don't mind a 1/2 mile walk... I stayed at the Doubletree Castle last year and walked much more.

Reaction score
For me, after the long trek I had to make at CV - staying at the Rosen Centre was PRIORITY #1.

Add in the fact they have the skywalk now, no brainer imo. I'll likely only venture out once the sun goes down!

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Onpeak NOT making their hotel reservation? I made my hotel reservation months ago through them, and just called the hotel and was told I do NOT have a reservation.

Reaction score
They are not releasing the lists to the hotels until the 15th I believe.

Phew..You sure? Almost freaked out. Wish the dumb clerks answering the phone at the hotel knew this information instead of telling me "if this is for the star wars thing you should call them, they have been having problems"

Reaction score
So has no one had their deposits taken by the Hotels that were booked via Onpeak yet?
Was estimated to be 30days prior wasnt it?

Reaction score
Posting this from the 501st. Keep in mind most of us are staying at the Centre.

I talked to onpeak last week about my rosen reservation and was told that they won't be taking deposits until approx the 15th of Aug. when the housing list is sent to the hotels.
I call the Rosen Centre about this last week. They said
they're policy is to take the the deposit out 5 days before you check
in.

Reaction score
So has no one had their deposits taken by the Hotels that were booked via Onpeak yet?
Was estimated to be 30days prior wasnt it?
Some have... I saw someone on another board mention that they had paid a deposit already for one of the convention hotels.

Rosen Centre on their website says you have to cancel 5-days in advance for they will charge one-night's stay. That's if you book direct. Appears to match their deposit policy here.

I'm waffling back and forth on the RC or Hilton... I think the Hilton looks nicer, but the free WIFI at RC and being that much closer are going to win out I think.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you sign up for the Hilton Honors program, which is free, you get free wi-fi at the Hilton.

I re-booked my hotel at the Hilton since on their web site its $99 while from the Celebration site I had it reserved at $119 a night. Also at the Hilton you can get the room with the breakfast buffet for 2 people for $119.

Reaction score
If you sign up for the Hilton Honors program, which is free, you get free wi-fi at the Hilton.

I re-booked my hotel at the Hilton since on their web site its $99 while from the Celebration site I had it reserved at $119 a night. Also at the Hilton you can get the room with the breakfast buffet for 2 people for $119.

I'm a Hilton Honors member - but it says you only get free WIFI if you're at their Gold level. Takes a lot of points to get gold... I'm around 50,000 and only at silver status.

Reaction score
They don't presently show any special rates at this time other than Government/Military at $112. I booked mine for around $110/night using their AAA rate but that was back in early July. Just tried to get a new reservation to see if rates had changed and they don't show an AAA rate. The "best rate" is the standard of $149.

That $99 rate may have been their pay-in-advance rate. I think I saw that a while back, but was hesitant as I did that once before and had a death in the family and wasn't able to make the trip. They refused a refund - which I didn't expect but asked for just in case.

I cancelled my Rosen Centre and just keeping my Hilton reservation. I like the looks of the hotel and without a Disney event on Saturday - that huge pool area may be calling my name.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I click that link right now and type in 1 room for 8/22 to 8/27 it shows the lowest rate as $149. Change it to ask for the AAA rate and it says no rooms are available.

Did you re-book recently? I just assumed you did the pay-in-advance rate. I booked mine a month or so ago and go an average rate of $109.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got the convention rate for $119. Guess I should have waited...I booked over a year ago. :(

I got wifi for free last time. Now you have to pay for it? :(

Reaction score
Their website says it's free only for Gold and Diamond Honors members. Tripadvisor.com reviews mention having to pay for it.

Reaction score
Actually at the Sheraton Downtown Orlando, and i move tomorow for Rosen Center Hotel. Some scumer already there ?

Reaction score
Has anyone at the Rosen centre that booked through the CV1 site had a deposit taken yet?

Reaction score
Has anyone at the Rosen centre that booked through the CV1 site had a deposit taken yet?

They took mine a couple days ago, but today, they put it back! ?????? I guess I need to call them again. I confirmed a while ago...