Celebration VI Hotels

Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
I went directly to a lot of hotel websites in the area and for most of them they don't show any rooms available for that time. Sounds like your only bet for one of the close hotels will be doing it thru the official system.
Last time they announced the show several months before hotels were ready so many of us got rates that were even better than the official blocked rates. Not this time.
I like the sounds of the Peabody, but I just booked Rosen, just to be sure. Not staying far away this time. The shuttles were ok, but not frequent enough and it's too hot to walk. I wanna be in the middle of the action this time!
 
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
5,613
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, NY
MattDoc said:
I went directly to a lot of hotel websites in the area and for most of them they don't show any rooms available for that time. Sounds like your only bet for one of the close hotels will be doing it thru the official system.
I got confirmation from The Peabody that they will be added to the hotel list soon.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
I opted fro the Hilton again. It was such a nice hotel and the walk was not bad at all.
The Rosen I heard good and bad thing about....I don't care about the proximity.
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern OHIO
I went ahead and booked the Hilton this time. It was actually about the same price as what we paid for the Quality Inn last year. Quality Inn is only about .5 miles down the road also.

We walked into the lobby of the Hilton last year and it looked really nice.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
It is! i stayed there last year and it was so, so nice for the special discounted price! You will love it. The walk is not bad!
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
4,577
Reaction score
1
The Celebration site may be the best bet for anyone wanting to make reservations now. I checked Hilton.com and you can only book one year out. So obviously nothing there yet. But the CVI site had the Hilton listed so I went ahead and booked it - can always change later.

I stayed at the DoubleTree Castle last year and it was clean/nice and not too bad a walk. But it's been sold and is now a Holiday Inn. I figure it's worth a little more to stay closer this time.

It is WAY early... people will have plenty of time to book something especially since most hotels won't book that far out. Lots of choices.
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Will most likely stay on Disney Property and use my Vacation Club since it is already paid for.
 
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
4,807
Reaction score
1
Location
Seattle, WA
Hotel reg site won't take my credit card since it expires before the event. I don't have any CC that expires after 8/2012. Hmmm
 
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
773
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
Booked at the Rosen Centre...again. The wife and I stayed there during CV and it was worth every penny. A one minute stroll over to the convention center to start or back to the hotel to drop off goodies, can't beat that.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Princeton, NJ
I stayed at the Rosen and really liked it, so I will probably again. How was the Peabody? I got the impression a lot of people were there.
 
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
993
Reaction score
0
Peabody is tempting for proximity but that pool at the Hilton was my favorite part of Celebration V so we'll have to see. That was quite a walk from the Hilton so there is a trade off to weigh here. Still that pool was freaking amazing.


Best Way to get there.

 
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
318
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have a link to the Rosen? Is it nice? How much a night? How close is it?
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
MaxWedge said:
Hotel reg site won't take my credit card since it expires before the event. I don't have any CC that expires after 8/2012. Hmmm
I used one that expires this December. I called the customer service number to book though instead of doing it online.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Tusken_Raiders said:
Got the Rosen as well...Sweet. This is going to be my first time in Orlando.
Awesome Miguel...can't wait to meet up!

We gotta work on getting Snags and Turbo down there.
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
BFett88 said:
Does anyone have a link to the Rosen? Is it nice? How much a night? How close is it?
Pretty nice. Right next door. I stayed there for C5 and am booked there for C6. I got my rooms for $109 each which is cheaper than I paid for C5. I don't have a link, but make sure you are looking at the Rosen Centre and not the Rozen Plaza which is not next door to the CC.
 
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
318
Reaction score
0
SalaciousCrumb said:
BFett88 said:
Does anyone have a link to the Rosen? Is it nice? How much a night? How close is it?
Pretty nice. Right next door. I stayed there for C5 and am booked there for C6. I got my rooms for $109 each which is cheaper than I paid for C5. I don't have a link, but make sure you are looking at the Rosen Centre and not the Rozen Plaza which is not next door to the CC.
How did you reseve already? Most places I am looking at are not taking reservations until August. Did you go through the C6 site? Or did you call? Did they pre charge your room or just the normal reservation with no charge yet?
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
BFett88 said:
SalaciousCrumb said:
BFett88 said:
Does anyone have a link to the Rosen? Is it nice? How much a night? How close is it?
Pretty nice. Right next door. I stayed there for C5 and am booked there for C6. I got my rooms for $109 each which is cheaper than I paid for C5. I don't have a link, but make sure you are looking at the Rosen Centre and not the Rozen Plaza which is not next door to the CC.
How did you reseve already? Most places I am looking at are not taking reservations until August. Did you go through the C6 site? Or did you call? Did they pre charge your room or just the normal reservation with no charge yet?
I called the customer service number on the celebration site for hotel reservations. I think they put a hold on a deposit amount of 1 nights stay, and then my rooms get paid for when I get to Orlando. That is how it worked at C5, too.
 
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
I booked at the Rosen Centre earlier today. I loved the proximity to the convention center and I thought it was a very very nice hotel. Last year, we were never really in the room so it didn't really matter.
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
922
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
ph_rAn_k_tz_I said:
Is Rosen sold out already? It's not listing as an available choice...
I can't believe it. I guess most people who went to CV saw how close it was and already booked it. I considered doing that earlier, but had no idea they would sell out day one.
 
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
941
Reaction score
0
Location
New Haven, CT
SOOOO glad I got my reservation in for the Rosen Center. Lat time i was so far away, (what I get for booking late) it almost didn't feel like I was there. Can always cancel if things don't work out. I'll buy my tix later.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Princeton, NJ
Yeah, wondering what the deal is with the Rosen. I don't see it either.

Hmm, didn't want to risk that the Rosen is in fact already sold out, so I went ahead and booked a room at the Hilton. It was only really $10 more a night, and still pretty close.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
So glad I spent a few minutes locking in the Rosen this afternoon!

Got some fellow scum staying with me.....party on.
 
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
growltyger said:
Yeah, wondering what the deal is with the Rosen. I don't see it either.
Wow yeah. It's gone. Kinda happy I booked earlier. Some new ones have shown up though. I expect more will show up every day. And don't be surprised if Rosen pops back up if they open up more rooms.
 
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
gonna stay at the extended stay america again.Can save butt loads of cash they have a full kitchen so I will not have to pay to eat out every night.
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
I'm booked at the Hilton Orlando. Figured I'd stay closer to the event this time.
 
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin, TX
Wife and I did Rosen Plaza last year. It may be right next door, but it was still a 10-15 walk to the main entrance.


Considering staying at WDW this time around, and either take the shuttlebus or drive on over.
 
Top