Celebration VI Guests

Reaction score
this might be off topic...kinda....just wanted to see what everyone is bringing to get signed this year? for the past several years I lugged around a book that I had tons of actors and people involved in star wars sign...even though there are still a few people who I need to have sign it, I will not be bringing it this time around just because I'm tired of carrying it. Last time I had froggy take my photo with Hamill and another photo with Carrie then had them both sign those photos, custom mounted and framed and I still have to make room to hang them. I really like the way they turned out and I think I might just stick with that from now on, its personal and looks amazing once framed, sure it costs more but def well worth it...only a collectable to me at that point. I may bring an old comic to get signed.

Reaction score
Having Morton, Bulloch, Logan, and Beer added to a Boba Fett Multi. Ian, AD, Warwick, and Baker I'll have to grab something from Opix. Might do AD and Baker on a Jabba's Palace entrance pic if Ben will have it.

Reaction score
I have a theatrical willow poster i am having Warrick sign as far as the others i have no clue.

Reaction score
I am doing a series of 8x10s. I am also bringing down 2 of my star wars guitars to add some sigs to. If you see a guy carrying around a couple of guitar cases at the show, that would be me!

Reaction score
Holy Crap! Total fail on the pre-purchased pick up
Official Pix! Three people working the booth and the line snakes around twice! People in the cash line purchasing now are getting tickets quicker than those of us that prepurchased!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Opix line was crazy long! I need 2 more reg auto tix. When I was grabbing my pics Warwick Davis rolled up on his Segway! It was pretty awesome!

Reaction score
I've avoided the prepurchase line for OP all day. Bought some tix in the cash line to get some autos this morning.

Reaction score
Did the Froggy thing with Baker today. Felt really weird. They wheeled him in next to an R2 and had you crouch down in the space between. You never got a chance to say hello, thank you or anything. And my pic came out looking like someone was shooting Baker and the R2 unit and I was some nut who just poked their head in to ruin the shot. I know Baker is in a wheelchair and he can't do like Hamill did last year (big bear hug, arm around me and actually speaking) but the quick in/out that lasts less than 10 secs and not letting you at least acknowledge the actor and try and set up a decent picture was a joke.

Reaction score
Did the Froggy thing with Baker today. Felt really weird. They wheeled him in next to an R2 and had you crouch down in the space between. You never got a chance to say hello, thank you or anything. And my pic came out looking like someone was shooting Baker and the R2 unit and I was some nut who just poked their head in to ruin the shot. I know Baker is in a wheelchair and he can't do like Hamill did last year (big bear hug, arm around me and actually speaking) but the quick in/out that lasts less than 10 secs and not letting you at least acknowledge the actor and try and set up a decent picture was a joke.
Thats how McDiarmid was. Stand next to him, snap, next person. Didn't even get a hand shake, hello or good day.

Reaction score
I did the Ian photo op and I told him hello and thanks for coming to Celebration. He replied saying it was nice to be here.
Me too. He spoke and patted me on the back.

Kenny was ok- he was just 45 minutes late to the photo op and obviously EXHAUSTED.

Also , Kevin Smith totally rocked.

Reaction score
In line for McDiarmid and of course he's 40 mins late (at least). That means the panel I was hoping to hit is now not happening. Would have been close anyways but now a certainty.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And now I have my Anthony Daniels story. I'm a Star Wars fan. I'll never throw in someone's face how much more of a fan I am. I couldn't find a shot I wanted for AD yesterday so I grabbed one I liked. So AD asks me where that scene was from. It looked like A New Hope. Big mistake! It wasn't, the Opix guy told me it was from ROTS. I don't watch the movies as much as some of you do. His response was basically you're not as much of a fan as you think you are! Who but him says that! Im wrong yeah, but does he have to be like that?!? In line for Ian, hopefully a much better experience. Warwick and Kenny have nice lines too!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed Ian was wearing glasses. For $75 A pic I think contacts would have been a better choice.
He had a bit of a scraggly beard too at his panel/show. Not that particular but I didn't do the Froggy thing for him.

Reaction score
Got my Ian. He was pleasant enough. The lady ahead of me had him sign 5-6 items.

He had someone with him and they visited quietly to another while he was signing. But he said hello and thanked me for coming. Can't ask for much more.

Reaction score
I met Temurra Morrison.awesome guy.I lost the photo he signed for me so I went back to get another one.I told him what happened and he signed other photo for me at no charge.Yes I did lose the first one.Really great guy.Ian Mcdirmiad was great too.Signed a Sidious figure for me.

Reaction score
So, got my three pieces from Daniels, and had some fun with with him. I told him exactly what color and where I wanted the signature. He wanted to use gold for all of them, but finally agreed to use the colors I wanted, although the he put the end of his autograph over the beginning of Kenny's on my Blu-ray. After he signed, I said, "I know, I'm very picky." He responded, "No, you're not picky at all." We had a good laugh, and then he added, "It's your item, your entitled to have it signed however you want."

Reaction score
Ugh the pre-order OPx line . . . man, was that brutal. So I got on the purchase line to get my basic tickets. Got to the front and, as a joke, I said "I don't suppose you could get my pre-order stuff for me, that line is nasty." The sweeeeet woman said "Sure thing honey, what's your name?" and scooted off, grabbed my envelopes, and took care of it all for me. Awesome. Saved me 2 hours of waiting! Just amazing.

Since no one has mentioned it here yet . . go and meet Russ Springer if you haven't already. Just an awesome guy. Funny and happy to be here and just an absolute pleasure to talk with. Same goes for Nick Maley. And if you catch David Acord with no line, spend time chatting with him. Honest & a lot of fun. And can't say enough about Katie Purvis - she smiled and laughed the entire time. So glad she forgot to sign my Scum Signing Ewok piece!!

Warwick seemed really tired. He was pleasant, but man he looked like he could hardly keep his head up. I felt bad for him. Line was long & no cap in sight. But he lets everyone take pics, which was nice.

And I actually saw Jake Lloyd smile . . . . . when a very well-proportioned Slave Leia asked for a pic with him!

Reaction score
The only negative I will say is it was b.s. for OPix to put a moratorium on Ian's personalization after we had been in line an hour already. I specifically bought 2 tix at $125 a pop to get 1 signed and 1 personalized, so that was a bummer. Ian did knock out some great big signatures though, so I tip my cap to him for that. And he was also really nice and giving handshakes, very cool. :D

Reaction score
They didn't allow personalization? That's the only reason I bought his ticket. I got him this morning and he wrote "To Sean" if they wouldn't have allowed that I'd have raised holy heck. That's not right that they changed the rules.

Also the guy behind me had his own item and asked for one of the pics on the table. They said if you had your own item you couldn't take a free pic. Why not? If I pay $125 and use a pic on the table how is it diff if the next guy doesn't but takes one anyway? We both paid for it. Strange.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They didn't allow personalization? That's the only reason I bought his ticket. I got him this morning and he wrote "To Sean" if they wouldn't have allowed that I'd have raised holy heck. That's not right that they changed the rules.

Also the guy behind me had his own item and asked for one of the pics on the table. They said if you had your own item you couldn't take a free pic. Why not? If I pay $125 and use a pic on the table how is it diff if the next guy doesn't but takes one anyway? We both paid for it. Strange.
Ian - well apparently a lot of people didn't like the non-personalization switch because they kept asking for it in the booth anyway...so Ben Stevens himself came out and told the volunteers to tell us in line to stop asking for it. I was really disappointed by that because I thought they had ticket numbers incorporated into the line management to handle these things.

Lithographs - well they are selling a complete unsigned set at the booth for $250 so I suppose they aren't going to give away for free what they can charge for in a set.

Reaction score

I totally agree about the no free pic if you brought your own item crap. Why do we get less for our money if we have our own item?!?!?! While I am pleased with the guests that were brought in, outside of that, I am COMPLETELY unhappy with official pix and their incompetent management of this celebration.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ian - well apparently a lot of people didn't like the non-personalization switch because they kept asking for it in the booth anyway...so Ben Stevens himself came out and told the volunteers to tell us in line to stop asking for it. I was really disappointed by that because I thought they had ticket numbers incorporated into the line management to handle these things.

Lithographs - well they are selling a complete unsigned set at the booth for $250 so I suppose they aren't going to give away for free what they can charge for in a set.
Well it will be a cold day in hades before I give them a penny for ANY of their lithos again.

Last edited: