Celebration VI General Discussion

Reaction score
I'd say, with today's announcement, it's a pretty good bet Star Wars Celebration VII will be in Orlando, FL again.

This deal, I would imagine, change the Celebrations... Would they move to a Disney property or properties around the world and become more commercial, appealing to the masses type thing that will make it to the Disney channel? Perhaps become months long events that rotate to Disney properties around the world? Will there be a day, not far off, where we speak of the old Celebrations like V and VI with fondness?
JT

Reaction score
Something tells me that this what was going to be announced at the closing ceremony..............

Deal wasn't done yet, so we got Germany and 3D announcement instead.

Reaction score
I'd be curious as to how many rooms they book in Orlando when Celebrations are there. Clearly they have thousands more units available than they do in Anaheim where the hotel situation is dominated by non-Disney properties. But I'm not sure if more than a few hundred people stay with Disney during a Celebration vs. using the numerous hotels along International Drive.

If I had to pick - I'd go with Orlando over Anaheim any day of the week.

Reaction score
Wonder if this acquisition will prompt Disney to build a convention like facility on their property?
They already do - three as a matter of fact. There are convention facilities at The Contemporary, The Grand Floridian and Coronado Springs.

Reaction score
But are they big enough for the scale of Celebration?

AND I can see in the future - Marvel Celebration and maybe even Muppets Celebration

Reaction score
They already do - three as a matter of fact. There are convention facilities at The Contemporary, The Grand Floridian and Coronado Springs.
I knew they had some on the grouds already but I don't think they are the size to handle a Celebration sized event. I think one of the GiJoe Cons was held at the Swan or Dolphin a few years back.

I like it where it is right now but I can see Disney wanting to cut out the "Middle Man" and have it on the grouds in order to keep the dollars in the hands of the mouse.

Reaction score
This thought crossed my mind thus am: What does this all mean for Reed Productions and their involvement with Celebration? I think Disney handles its own con stuff. For example for Disney's D23 event I think its in house folks doing it.

Reaction score
I'd guess that Disney would have to honor the existing contract, or offer Reed a buyout for the last one if Disney wanted to it themselves. But it would be a safe bet that it would be 2015, Orlando, and tied to the Episode VII release.

CSD

Reaction score
I also think that CVII will happen when Episode VII is released, possibly even have the world premiere at the AMC Theatres in Downtown Disney or something Disney park related like Last Tour or something along those lines. Also I did see a little Episode VII light when someone asked Carrie at CVI if they were to do another Film, would she be in it. When she responded she seemed a little hesitant like there was something up then proceeded to say "without a doubt, yes", I guess there really was something up!

Reaction score
Suddenly the fact that C6 was held a year before everybody thought it would makes perfect sense. I think you guys have hit the nail on the head with Celebration VII taking place in 2015.

Reaction score
I agree CVI was a year early, but wouldn't it make more sense to have CVII in 2014, then Disney can follow up with Star Wars Weekends in 2015 before the movie comes out? this only works if the current 2-year strategy is continued.

Reaction score
Makes sense to me also. CIII was in April 2005 in LA a month before Episode III premiered. I just know CVII will be in 2015 to hype Episode VII, not that I think it'll need much hyping!

Reaction score
Hey all my name is Chad,I was hoping someone would help me out.I attended the Yakface Party on Thursday night at Emb**** Suits. At the table was someone named Josh at the table I was sitting. I was talking to him and he told me he could hook me up with the EU figures from the last wave. I forgot his screen name. If he could contact me that would be cool.

Last edited:
Reaction score
so looking forward to CVII as my kids will be 4 years old and the perfect age to get them excited about Star Wars in General. plus it give me some time to save up the $$$ if the event is in 2015 for the release of EP VII. I would love it if the event was actually held at the convention center again or perhaps on Disney property itself so that it works with the SW Weekends.

Reaction score
my wife and I went and had a great time!! We live on the other side of tampa so it was nice not to have to travel to far like some. Hope it comes back again soon!!

Reaction score
Since I had to miss CVI, I am really looking forward to VII. Do you think we will start hearing rumblings shortly after Celebration Europe or do you think it will still be awhile before they give hints?

Reaction score
Since I had to miss CVI, I am really looking forward to VII. Do you think we will start hearing rumblings shortly after Celebration Europe or do you think it will still be awhile before they give hints?

Well, they announced CE2 at CVI, so it makes sense they could announce CVII at CE2. At least I'm hoping so! :D

Reaction score
Had a great time at CVI! Anyone know where I can get a tattoo convention shirt from the celebration? I got a tattoo there and in all my excitement I forgot to get a tshirt. Prefer a medium but will take whatever size if anyone can point me in the direction.