Celebration VI General Discussion

Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to him to get the scoop. Also, his story about kneeling before the Emperor was outstanding, but I'll leave it for others!!!

Also, I think I'm the maroon shirt in the upper right hand corner of your picture.

We were up front.The big bald guy in my pic is a cop and dont play that crap the dude says he wasnt moving my friend says he was he said get security he did they dude got moved. the security gut new something was up because we police our selves in the line so when he needed to come rectify the situation he new it was serious.

Reaction score
I missed CV, so it was really good to be back in Star Wars Land! I've been to II, III and IV. I took my daughter this time and we had a wonderful time. Some highlights for me:

1. Smuggler Gambit - Great production by my bro, Jimmy Mac. Proud of you, dude! Packed house, and awesome performances by the Clone Wars gang. You knew you had seen something special by the end. Collins' Harrison Ford was so organic that I couldn't help imagining the other adventures the original trilogy cast could have had.

2. Ben Burtt - This guy has been an idol of mine since childhood. Such a thrill to meet him. Very easy to chat with and posed for a photo. I felt like I could have talked with him over beers for hours! Sadly, I only caught one of his great panels on film editing, wherein he screened the full, early animatic of the Grievous/Kenobi chase scene from Ep III. Not only was this unintentionally funny for its crudeness and outrageous ideas (Grievous rides his cycle, lengthwise, right through an oncoming train...presumably chopping up the passengers along the way!), but much more gorier than the final film. Grievous' brain, in this version, is actually in his chest. Kenobi rips it out (cue slurpy sound effects) tosses it on the floor, and THEN blasts it away!

3. Secrets of the Cantina - Nick Maley (UK) and John Berg (US) go into lengthy detail about every nook & cranny of the iconic cantina scene from ANH. It was really neat because Maley and Berg had never met each other, and said they felt like long lost brothers. Pablo Hildalgo showed extensive archive photos of every creature, and even pointed out where masks and costumes had either been repurposed from other films (such as Planet of the Apes and It's Alive!), and used in subsequent ones, not just Star Wars ones. He even ran a comparison to how the creatures had been redressed for the Holiday Special as well as the Richard Pryor Show. Best of all was a piece of footage I had only read about showing an extremely macabre ending for Ponda Baba (Walrusman). They had considered having him beheaded and actually filmed footage of his pulsating, blood-spurting head lying on the cantina floor! Fascinating stuff.

4. I stayed at Doubletree, and they really did a great job making SW fans feel welcome. I wasn't there Thursday, but Friday and Saturday nights they showed ESB and ROTJ, respectively, out at their pool on a big screen. The sound was terrific, they had popcorn, and the pool bar was open. Full crowds for each movie. It was kind of like the old drive in movie experience, but in a pool! Lots of fun. Dark Side by the poolside!

5. Star Wars in 60 Minutes was absolutely hysterical! It had me in tears by its end. The guy playing Luke/Anakin did one of the most accurate Hayden imitations I've ever heard. I saw these guys way back at CII, I believe, when there was no prequel material included. The cast has changed a little, but the actor playing an over-the-top cocky Han Solo is still on board, along with several others. I literally walked into these guys minutes before the main hall closed on Sunday and got a pic with them. Very cool!

5. Of course it was great to see the Big GL make surprise appearances at several panels, but equally great to reunite with and finally meet some Star Wars friends from across the globe. Always sad to see these end.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Celebration VI was an absolute blast - it felt so much more personal for some reason this time. One of the best experiences I had with my 2 boys was sitting down in the digital Theater after a long Saturday and watching the Empire strikes back . The crowd really got into the movie and the presentation was just phenomenal. My kids and I loved it and it was the perfect way to wind down a great day!

Reaction score
I attended all four days with my nine year old. We opened the show each day and closed it every night. I can't complain about one thing............It was as much fun as CV. Great memories, great opportunities...................I just wish it was a couple of extra days so I could have seen/done everything!

Can't wait for it to come back to the US!

Reaction score
Had to cut my vacation short due to Hurricane Isaac. Just got my power back. I got to attend all 4 days of CVI but left right after the closing ceremonies. Made several sites for my Peter Griffin as Han Solo costume along with my friend who was Giant Chicken as Boba Fett. Was able to nab a couple of exclusives but missed out on the Koto exclusive green R2.

Reaction score
Hey guys just brainstorming here but wouldn't it be cool to pool our footage and pics together and make a sort of C6 video memoir? Add some pop music and StarWars music of course. At my Highschool we had a video yearbook so this could be like that. I saw a short video during the Talking to myself/Date with a princess intermission and thought how cool would a longer more detailed one be?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys just brainstorming here but wouldn't it be cool to pool our footage and pics together and make a sort of C6 video memoir? Add some pop music and StarWars music of course. At my Highschool we had a video yearbook so this could be like that. I saw a short video during the Talking to myself/Date with a princess intermission and thought how cool would a longer more detailed one be?
go for it. You have my permission to use any pictures I posted.

Reaction score
I would love that ! Let me know what you need.

Reaction score
You have my permission!

Reaction score
We'll have a right up soon on the Trivia Contest. I would love to here people's opinion of the contest and our awesome band High Adventure.

Reaction score
I heard that there was at least 1 more there but 3 more, wow. Not a bad thing to keep it at the same venue just not during hurricane season please.
Agree the timing might be better, but I LOVE Orlando and the Con Center. I can't think of a better location!

Reaction score
L
I heard that there was at least 1 more there but 3 more, wow. Not a bad thing to keep it at the same venue just not during hurricane season please.
I'm with you, the rumor I heard about the 3 con deal was starting w/ CV, meaning CVII would likely be the last one of the deal and held in Orlando before moving to another location for future events.

LFL and Reedpop probably got a bargain basement deal because Orange County was desperate to get tourism going in the face of the recession. Orange County gets a much needed shot in the arm for its economy 3 times (to compensate for the lower convention revenue). Win-win for everyone involved.

Selfishly, I'd love to see it come back here for more. I do agree, change the timing to fall or spring, perhaps.

Reaction score
If memory serves, wasn't CIV in L.A. over Memorial Day weekend? It'd be nice to have it then. Not too hot or humid, not hurricane season, most schools are out, and an extra day over the weekend works for travel. Only down point is possible conflicts with graduations. But a 4-day pass to Celebration makes a great graduation gift! :D

Reaction score
thx Anthony and ccacn..it was a blast..thinking of going to Germany now as well lol...it will take me a while to pay back this one though first lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received an email from ReedPOP wanting feedback about CVI. It was mostly generic "how would you rate" everything questions and what I attended. The interesting part was a question that said how would I rate attending CVII at the following locations: (from "would definitely attend" to "definitely would not attend") Las Vegas, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Orlando, Anaheim, Dallas, or Cleveland.

Thought that was interesting because I didn't know Kansas City, Cleveland, or Dallas or VEGAS was ever in the running. Also thought it was interesting that they are planning it out already. Does that mean in another two years until the next one in the U.S.?

Reaction score
I received an email from ReedPOP wanting feedback about CVI. It was mostly generic "how would you rate" everything questions and what I attended. The interesting part was a question that said how would I rate attending CVII at the following locations: (from "would definitely attend" to "definitely would not attend") Las Vegas, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Orlando, Anaheim, Dallas, or Cleveland.

Thought that was interesting because I didn't know Kansas City, Cleveland, or Dallas or VEGAS was ever in the running. Also thought it was interesting that they are planning it out already. Does that mean in another two years until the next one in the U.S.?
Doesn't mean they are in the running they are just gauging people's preferences. I would bet late 2014 for C7.

Reaction score
I received the survey since we had a Fan Table and it was the survey I got was basically for exhibitors. Indy was not listed on mine, but I wrote it in under "Other"