Celebration VI Collecting Track Thread

Reaction score
Please stop me if my rant is off. So in the collectors panels there are people with friends that are helping them out to get extras etc, even with their kid. There is this one family though that has 6 adults and 2 small kids they're making sit in seats I'm assuming to get extras. I mean small kids as in they don't know wtf is going on or care ONE bit about the panels. If you just miss out on a panel, that's one reason why. Also their kids run off every so often. The one smaller kid has been changed like in 2 of the panels I've attended. I don't have kids but shouldn't you take your kid outside? Rant over..

Reaction score
We stood in line in front of a family similar to the one you describe - maybe it was them. But there was another one in front of us with older kids - like 2-3 teenagers. They were there solely for the Tots and could have cared less about the panels. The mom was bragging on all the trading they've done.

I don't think the collector's track guys realized what kind of a monster they've created.

I enjoyed the vintage cardback panel - though the guys didn't say anything that cardback collectors don't already know. But at least half the room could have cared less. The guy next to me put his head in his hands and SLEPT the whole time.

I want one Tot (R2) but I'm not on a mission. If I miss him - I miss him. I'm going to panels that I want to see.

Reaction score
R2 hasn't been given yet. Gonk droid was earlier as well. The stormie from the vintage panel will be hard cause a lot of vintage people were there. Just glad I grabbed my most wanted pin, the micro pin from Rob while I was in line. 5/9 tots so far.

Reaction score
I have gone to 6 panels already and I know what you guys are saying. There is a lot of 'playing games on phones,' sleeping, crying babies, etc in the crowd. That large group has bags of patch pieces and tots. I actually heard someone ask the dad if he planned on completing a few sets and when he said yes, the guy gave him his phone number to discuss a price. The fact is, while it does suck, they are going to have to sit through 20 hours + of panels and even more time in lines. They will miss out on many of the other great panels, giveaways, and exclusives. I plan on trading something w/ them or others to get a few of the other tots I want.

I did buy the tots holder/tray. It looks pretty sweet. I kinda hope it sells out so I can trade it for the tots I will be missing.

I've met a lot of great people in the lines and before/after the panels start. I've also learned a ton.

Added a pic of the tots in the holder/tray.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was last person to get into the Vintage Carded panel. It was enjoyable. I missed the Rancho Obi panel and the one right after it. Hoping to get to a few tomorrow.

Reaction score
So today's tots are R2, Jawa, Sandperson, Deathstar Droid, Hammerhead, and Snaggletooth. I just missed the first panel...

Reaction score
Got the Tusken at the Hasbro panel. No way I can do all 5. 8 hours between panels and sitting in line.

Reaction score
It's actually 6 today. Jawa was the second. It's great to see so many YOUNG SW fans interested in the panels...:rolleyes:
I didn't know how to approach the panels, but I've seen some really cool things these panels.

Reaction score
So the family I talked about earlier, one of their kids that "sits" was in their stroller when the panel got out and they wouldn't give the lady a tot for the kid. It's te kid that dresses in the Amidala costume. Well they were pretty mad. So the one guy that's with them went and complained and they finally got one. To the panel organizers, there should be an age limit for the panels. As soon as that family leaves the panel and the kid gets the tot they kinda grab them from them and put them in a box. Crazy! 3rd tot today was Snaggletooth. and kudos to the panel guys for telling people that a lap or stroller doesn't mean it's a seat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got R2!

I thought the fan made panel was pretty interesting.

And I agree on an age limit. I say 4-5 and up at least. That family is scamming the system to make money.

Reaction score
So the little girl was jamming her fingers into sockets on the side walls. They turned out they were only Internet/Ethernet ports. I guess good thing they werent electric sockets! Of course she wasn't being watched. I think 4-5 is too young. Somewhere like 7-8.

Reaction score
Got R2 and Tusken today. My dad is with me and couldn't care less about the tots so we've been trading his forsome of those we missed. I don't care about a complete set, just want a select favorites. Mainly Han. Hope I get him tomorrow but we won't be here all day and won't make all the panels.

Fingers crossed he's first.

Reaction score
And yeah, that family is annoying as hell. The son was trying to sell their extras for $25. Because he "saw people getting that on eBay".

Reaction score
I have some extra patch pieces. I couldn't find anyone to trade with today. I did a few trades yesterday. I'll post what I have soon.

Reaction score
I have some extra patch pieces. I couldn't find anyone to trade with today. I did a few trades yesterday. I'll post what I have soon.
Ill be around the collectors panel tomorrow a lot more. I only got 1 tot today. I did get more patch pieces and managed to complete the large square collector's club puzzle patch. I have a few other patch pieces that I'd like to trade away.

I will have the Star Wars/Adventure Time themed trading cards I made with me. I found some scummers over the past few days that were looking for me. I have about 20 of the 50 left. I am very pleased with the reactions I have gotten so far!

Reaction score
Not that I can really blame them but the with the son being all fussy and the wife get easily irritated, we decided to part ways with CVI Saturday. We are heading home. It was great meeting many new people and lots of fellow Scummers. Until the next Celebration.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the panels I got to attend as well, but I agree about the people with young children and even babies in these panels. I went to six panels over the course of the four days and they were all ones that I was specifically interested in. Two of them I got sit in the front and had no issues, but the others I was towards the middle or back and it seemed like there was always a kid crying or whining with the parents doing nothing about it. So disrespectful, please take your child outside. Some people are actually interested in hearing the content being discussed....I do want to thank everyone involved though who put these together, they were very informative and the staff was extremely helpful. You are to be commended. Let's just do something about the infants next time if at all possible. Bring on CVII

Reaction score
Enjoyed the panels I attended as well... my only suggestions for 2-3 years from now:

1. Raise the screen - can't see it when you're halfway back, let alone at the rear of the room.

2. It may not be nice - but have a rover that asks people causing distractions to leave. There was a verbal announcement that if you had a crying kid you could get a hall pass and take them out and still come back and get the freebie - but that didn't seem to help.

I wish there was a way to separate people who legitimately want to attend a panel vs. those that just want a giveaway... but I realize that's hard if not impossible. If you gave the items away at the start and let people leave - they would just go and hog the line for the next panel. But it's miserable at times when 60-70% of the room has no interest in the topic at hand and people are visiting, texting, emailing, watching a video (saw that yesterday), or letting their kids carry on. Guess that's just part of it - but it really isn't fair to the people on the panels and those that want to hear/see the information being presented.

Reaction score
Anybody have a darth Vader tot for sale ? - only one I need

Thanks

Reaction score
Enjoyed the panels I attended as well... my only suggestions for 2-3 years from now:

1. Raise the screen - can't see it when you're halfway back, let alone at the rear of the room.

2. It may not be nice - but have a rover that asks people causing distractions to leave. There was a verbal announcement that if you had a crying kid you could get a hall pass and take them out and still come back and get the freebie - but that didn't seem to help.

I wish there was a way to separate people who legitimately want to attend a panel vs. those that just want a giveaway... but I realize that's hard if not impossible. If you gave the items away at the start and let people leave - they would just go and hog the line for the next panel. But it's miserable at times when 60-70% of the room has no interest in the topic at hand and people are visiting, texting, emailing, watching a video (saw that yesterday), or letting their kids carry on. Guess that's just part of it - but it really isn't fair to the people on the panels and those that want to hear/see the information being presented.
Def agree with you on the screen. And there was an age limit on the extras line from what I read on the sheet they handed out. And it was capped at 450 and you were given a punch card. Wonder how that went today? Sure people were pissed about that age limit but oh well. I was at the first panel and realized that it was going to happen for me to get as many as I could and get into the extras. The weather was also worrying me as I had to drive home, and still had a couple chores to do before leaving. I ended up with 11/20 tots. There were actually some cool panels. The action figure customization thread comes to mind.

Reaction score
Unfortunately couldn't make it to C6. Just wondering if any scummers out there by any chance picked up some Bounty Hunter related Swag they can part with. Here are some of the items I've seen around:

Celebration 6:
-MintInBox.net: Boba Fett Postcard/Swag
- Bossk Bail Bonds Patch
-Chris Scalf Boba Fett Postcard/Swag
-Mark Wolfe Boba Fett Postcard/Swag
-Birthday Cake Party Postcard Possibly by Katie Cook (her art style) featuring the 6 bounty hunters limited to 100
- 501st droid hunt badge featuring Slave Leia, Jabba, and Boba Fett
-Mississippi Madalorian Mercs Black Folder/Swag
-Any other swag featuring the Fett, Bossk, IG-88, Dengar, 4-LOM, or Zuckuss

Other Past Celebration swag items:
-Star Wars Celebration 4 Bossk Mask
-Star Wars Celebration 4 McQuarrie Bounty Hunters bookmark
-Star Wars Celebration 5 Jamie Snell Card with Boba Fett wearing Mickey Mouse hat

Will to fairly compensate for you time and shipping of course.

Thank You,
Ross
Please PM me

Reaction score
I went to 7 panels over the four days and enjoyed the content in all.

Got 13 different Tots. Thanks to my dad who loves Star Wars but couldn't care less about collectibles. Got one extra Walrusman. Didn't get the I wanted most, Han. Hoping trades start happening soon.

Reaction score
If anyone is trading Star Tots, I need Princess Leia.

I have for trade:

- Power Droid
- Death Squad Commander - signed by artist who designed cardbacks
- Jawa
- Tusken Raider
- Walrusman x 2
- Greedo

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to separate people who legitimately want to attend a panel vs. those that just want a giveaway... but I realize that's hard if not impossible.
No, it's actually quite easy - eliminate the giveaways. Then, only people who are legitimately interested in the panels will go to them, and the scalpers will find something else to do.

Reaction score
No, it's actually quite easy - eliminate the giveaways. Then, only people who are legitimately interested in the panels will go to them, and the scalpers will find something else to do.
This isn't a first. It won't be the last. The people running the panels and those who sponsored the tots probably don't care if a ton of people came and camped these collectibles. That is making them even more desired and collectible. They got to create and manufacture their very own guaranteed collectible. Their collections are guaranteed to have them and in the end, that is all that matters. I'm not knocking them at all, just pointing out that 20+ people knew when they started this, that they would be popular, cause long lines, introduce chaos into the panels, be sold on ebay, etc and they were happy to sign up and make it happen. It's just par for the course. I'd do it if I could.

I for one was not expecting to like the Music collecting panel and the displaying your collection panel but both of those topics grew on me and I am already looking for a few display cases and a couple of the 45s. I figure a few more people had the same thing happen to them. That is all that matters.

My only gripes were the people who stood up to leave before Q&As started and the moms/dads who disregarded the others around them by allowing their children to cry, poop themselves, run around while some were actually trying to listen/see the presentations.

Reaction score
Loud children weren't an issue in all the panels I attended; however, when it was an issue, it was a BIG issue. I recall one panel (Sansweet?) where it felt like a school recess was going on in the back of the room. Not cool.

I'll also chime in that it was disappointing to fight to get into collecting panels when a lot of people were presumably only going for giveaways. As Bounty points out, not a first, won't be the last, but annoying nonetheless.

Reaction score
This isn't a first. It won't be the last. The people running the panels and those who sponsored the tots probably don't care if a ton of people came and camped these collectibles. That is making them even more desired and collectible. They got to create and manufacture their very own guaranteed collectible. Their collections are guaranteed to have them and in the end, that is all that matters. I'm not knocking them at all, just pointing out that 20+ people knew when they started this, that they would be popular, cause long lines, introduce chaos into the panels, be sold on ebay, etc and they were happy to sign up and make it happen. It's just par for the course. I'd do it if I could.

I for one was not expecting to like the Music collecting panel and the displaying your collection panel but both of those topics grew on me and I am already looking for a few display cases and a couple of the 45s. I figure a few more people had the same thing happen to them. That is all that matters.

My only gripes were the people who stood up to leave before Q&As started and the moms/dads who disregarded the others around them by allowing their children to cry, poop themselves, run around while some were actually trying to listen/see the presentations.
A pretty good money maker for the panelists too. I would assume those first complete sets that show up on EBay are those who are putting on the collector panels. One set held back pays for their trip and all their meals and maybe a little left over. They deserve something for putting the panels on anyway. They do a really good job. I only attend the ones I'm really interested in or if I have spare time between other events. I know there were families working together to get several sets, but I can't imagine wasting my entire weekend sitting in that line or just going to collectors panels.

Reaction score
And that was my thinking the last day. By the last day I had 10/15. And after the first panel Sunday I had to run and grab Warwick who was late and just gave up on the quest for a set. I'm lining one up to get to another scummer and the rest who knows. Before getting Warwick I went to the Topps booth and got a cool sketch an walked around some. I'd love to put together or look into a sketch card panel, but sitting thru a lot I don't think I'll do again unless its panels I really wanna go to. It's ok subjecting yourself to the 20 panels, but to let your kids who have no idea is dumb!

Reaction score
It's a Catch 22.

Without the nicer giveaways, very few people attend the collecting panels. We saw that at C2, where nothing was given away, and at C3, where cards were given away. (I'm not even counting C1, since the collecting track basically consisted of a mic and a little gazebo in the mud.)

So we came up with the giveaways as a way to increase attendance and hopefully get more people interested in collecting. Obviously, it achieved the former goal. Who knows if it achieved the latter, but I think it's reasonable to say that at least some attendees have come away with a new appreciation for Star Wars collecting.

Of course, the problem is that, when you do a good giveaway, many people will attend only to get the goodies. In other words, they won't care about the presentations. That's just inevitable. That's the trade-off.

I'm fairly torn on the issue. In many ways, I enjoyed the old panel format more, as it allowed for a more laid back and collegial atmosphere. But, then, those panels were mostly attended by friends of mine -- people from Rebelscum, etc. Preaching to the choir gets kind of old. It's been really fun the last few times around seeing tons of new faces swarming around the collecting rooms, eager to get into the presentations. The collecting track means something now that it didn't years ago. I think that's mostly a positive thing.

As for the issue of scammers and scalpers and whatnot...my take is that they're just a fact of life. Best to avoid stressing out about them.

Reaction score
I sadly wasn't able to attend any collecting panels. Is there any info on if any panels were filmed (i.e. rancho obi-wan, autograph, patches, or original movie props) and if so, when will they be posted on youtube?

Reaction score
I sadly wasn't able to attend any collecting panels. Is there any info on if any panels were filmed (i.e. rancho obi-wan, autograph, patches, or original movie props) and if so, when will they be posted on youtube?
Every panel I attended, the same guy was filming. Don't know if it was a Scummer etc.

Reaction score
Does anyone know who sponsored the Han Solo Star Tot?

I missed out on him and there doesn't seem to be an abundance being traded.

I'll trade heavy for him.
The Han Tot was panel #19 - Nordic collecting. Final tot was Vader.

Reaction score
yeah, I got into the panel before it and got Walrus Man. Then we didn't get back in line in time for Nordic collecting so I missed Han. We had to hit the road while that panel was going on.

My luck.