Celebration VI Collecting Track Thread

Reaction score

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Thanks for fixing the link, Bruce. :)

Got an announcement to make:

The Star Wars Collecting Track is better than ever at Star Wars Celebration VI with the addition of the Collector's Social Area!

Organized by Marjorie and Arnie of the Star Wars Action News podcast, the Social Area gives Star Wars collectors the opportunity to network with other Star Wars collectors, learn more about the collecting hobby, and get autographs from authors of books on collecting.

The Social Area will feature collectible roundtable discussions led by collecting experts from across the globe. You can meet other collectors from your area and join a collecting club! Listen to live podcasts about Star Wars collecting from Star Wars Action News, the 'Chive Cast, and This Week in Star Wars! Meet the owners of some of the most popular collecting websites, and more!

Plus, on Friday night in the Social Area, the underground hotel sales come to you with the Star Wars Collectible Swap Meet! Held in the Social Area, bring some of your Star Wars items to trade! Find the one figure needed to complete your collection, or that one-of-a-kind item you can't live without.

Stay tuned for a full schedule of events, and be sure to stop by the Collector's Social Area, room W304.

Btw, everyone should feel free to distribute this anywhere else they think people might be interested. I'm Media Chair of the Collecting Track, and it's my job to make sure that the information gets out to the community. So, any help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Friday at 12:30 in the Social Area. "Great Stories of Star Wars Collecting". Join Mattias Rendahl and Chris Fawcett as they present fascinating collecting stories from the history of the hobby, some you've probably heard and some you haven't! Lots of rare pictures too! Bring your own great stories, as there will be a chance to share and ask questions.

Personally, I'm really excited about this talk. Hobby history has always been very close to my heart.

Tommy

Reaction score
Yeah, this is gonna be a good one. I'm getting more and more excited about it as Mattias and I put together the power point.

Cj

Friday at 12:30 in the Social Area. "Great Stories of Star Wars Collecting". Join Mattias Rendahl and Chris Fawcett as they present fascinating collecting stories from the history of the hobby, some you've probably heard and some you haven't! Lots of rare pictures too! Bring your own great stories, as there will be a chance to share and ask questions.

Personally, I'm really excited about this talk. Hobby history has always been very close to my heart.

Tommy

Reaction score
Is the social area another set of panels? I thought it was less formal than that.

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Is the social area another set of panels? I thought it was less formal than that.
The presentations there will be less formal, and will allow for a greater interaction between the presenters and the audience.
Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Here are some pics of some of the other Star Tot characters we will be GIVING AWAY at our presentations. They are almost 2" tall, flat die cast enameled characters, based on the unproduced Star Tots toy line from 1979. We will have 20 different charaters.

Additionally, we would like to announce that we are seeking submissions for a display area:
"Here's your chance to share an unusual item from your collection at Celebration VI. The Collecting Track social area will feature a locked professional display case to highlight items that collectors do not often get to see. The focus is not about value per se, but oddities that exhibit the rich diversity of items that people can collect. Whether it's a toy exclusive to Spain, a cereal box from South Africa, or a hat made for cast and crew members, the goal is to feature items that will spark attendees to say, "Wow, I've never seen that before!"

Because of space constraints, single items should not be much larger than 1-2 large shoe boxes. Small collections of items will be considered if they can fit into a similar size space, but groupings of items should be based on some unifying theme (e.g., food collectibles, watches, Australian items, etc.) and visual presentation will important.

To be considered, please contact Todd Chamberlain at todd@toychamber.com by August 10."

Tommy

Last edited:
Reaction score
The schedule is not up yet but I figured I would ask anyways!

With there being 20 different panels scheduled, is the plan to have 5 per day over 4 days or more on Fri / Sat?
When the schedule does get released, will there be a clear indication that it is a collector's track event?

I am hoping to attend all since my star wars collecting is limited to a large shelf stuffed w/ bounty hunter themed figures/posters/art/etc. and the Star Tots are a set I am hoping to complete to get me started down a more diverse collecting road!

Reaction score
The schedule is not up yet but I figured I would ask anyways!

With there being 20 different panels scheduled, is the plan to have 5 per day over 4 days or more on Fri / Sat?
When the schedule does get released, will there be a clear indication that it is a collector's track event?

I am hoping to attend all since my star wars collecting is limited to a large shelf stuffed w/ bounty hunter themed figures/posters/art/etc. and the Star Tots are a set I am hoping to complete to get me started down a more diverse collecting road!
I believe we'll have 4 panels on Thurs & Sun and 6 on Fri & Sat. Distribution of any remaining giveaways will occur at 5 PM on Sunday. The Collecting Track always has spots in the official program as well as on the daily schedule of events so keep an eye out there. I think as soon as the schedule is ready, it will be announced so people have an idea of what's going on, but the plan is to have the panels start a little later each day so that people have time to do other convention things beforehand.

We'll again be in the West Concourse. Room W303 is the main panel room and this year we have the huge neighboring room W304 as our Social Area that will have some side-bar panels, collection displays, live podcasts, author signings, and just a spot to hang out during the convention. This will be the biggest Collecting Track to date and we hope to have all of this stuff announced ahead of time.

And to answer another question, the Star Tots are not specific to certain panels as the cereal boxes were. I assumed the distribution would be random, but that hasn't been decided yet. Look for the last wave to be announced tomorrow!

Thanks for your interest and see you at the panels!

-chris

Reaction score
Hello, new here but I found this thread through Google looking to answer a question. I would like to attend the collecting track panels and collect all of the star tots but when looking at the schedule, there are 23 events that are labeled as collecting so I was wondering which 3 don't qualify for the Star tots.

Reaction score
I'd like to attend a bunch of the panels - but don't see anyway to hit them all. Too many other things going on. So a complete set of Tots is out of the question... just hoping I can get the R2 one that I want in one of the panels I can attend.

Reaction score
Go to the panels at 5pm on Sunday at least, that's when the leftovers are passed out, you can get a chunk of them and a lot of people are around looking to trade. I got almost 2 complete sets that way at C5 (helps if you have multiple people in your group who will get in line with you).

Reaction score
Good point, now that I think about it, the collecting panels are a huge chunk of convention time and I don't know if I want to spend the entire time there. I guess I will go to the ones that I find the most interesting and then I will check out the last panel on Sunday.

Reaction score
I hope that they are in specific panels as where the cereal boxes. It helped me a ton knowing which to look for to guarantee I get the ones I wanted. i know i will not be able to collect all the star tots, but I hope its not like CIII where i went to 8 different panels(2 each day) in hopes for a coin and didn't get a single one. all i wanted was one coin. PLEASE PLEASE keep the same format as CV!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope that they are in specific panels as where the cereal boxes. It helped me a ton knowing which to look for to guarantee I get the ones I wanted. i know i will not be able to collect all the star tots, but I hope its not like CIII where i went to 3 different panels(2 each day) in hopes for a coin and didn't get a single one. all i wanted was one coin. PLEASE PLEASE keep the same format as CV!
as chris stated a few posts up
And to answer another question, the Star Tots are not specific to certain panels as the cereal boxes were. I assumed the distribution would be random, but that hasn't been decided yet. Look for the last wave to be announced tomorrow!
I don't think getting one will be difficult at all. Getting a full set might be tough but I look forward to the challenge.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here's the Collecting Track schedule and the giveaways will occur at all panels marked with a green box. That's the main panel room W303 and there will be 20 panels, and 20 giveaways.

However, in the Social Area W304 there will also be smaller panels and talks going on, amongst other things as you can see. We have a big program this year!

This schedule is also in the main online schedule released recently. I hope this helps.

-chris

Reaction score
I have a few questions about the panels. As I am planning out my schedule, I am seeing some conflicts between the guests I want to see and the collectors panels I would like to attend. I can't remember from last time (C V was a great big blur), but do the panels go the full hour? There are some guests that I want to see that have start times right at the end times of some collectors panels. If the panels ony run 45 minutes, I should be fine, but if they go the full hour, I have to decide what to cut out. I am assuming if I have to leave 5-10 minutes early that I will not get a Star Tot (those look super cool....must get all!!!!) Also, do they shut the doors and not let anyone in once the panels start? There are a few panels that I want to go to that I will probably be about 15 minutes late for. If I can't get in at that point, I need to go back and re-plan my schedule accordingly. Thanks.

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Tots will be given out at the end. They did that last year I believe to avoid people leaving early once they got their cereal box. That Happened at CIV right?

Last edited:

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
The Collecting Track usually doesn't allow anyone in after the presentation has started, especially since there are unlikely to be seats left anyway. The Star Tots will be given away at the end of the panels, so as not to distract the presenters and the audience.

Here's a pic of the rest of the different characters will we have:

Tommy

Reaction score
Female Collecting Meetup? Awesome! It will be nice to meet some other female collectors. The whole collecting/socializing track looks great this time around!!!

Reaction score
The schedule was updated again this morning so please download it again if you need to. I wasn't aware it was changing or I would have waited to post.

Regarding the Social Area, it will be cool to have a spot where people can meet up to hang out. You can come and go, listen to talks, peruse the collection photos and whatnot. It's the laid back area of the Collecting Track and the first time we're trying it. Should be pretty cool.

Cheers!

-chris

Reaction score
gonna try and make it to the Swap meet..
Ive a few UK only Vader Aprons and some of the SW Celebration Europe coins to trade :)

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Here is the full set of fan site patches, which will be available in the Collecting Track Social Area:

In the Social Area six Star Wars fan sites, Jedi News UK, Jedi Temple Archives, Sandtroopers, Star Wars Action News, The Star Wars Collectors’ Archive, and Yakface will be hosting “meet the fan site” sessions where site visitors can meet the men behind the web sites--and get an exclusive patch from each site.

Each site will have an exclusive patch given away only during the meet-and-greet, and if you collect all 6 patches they join together to make a larger patch--much like how the sites are united in their fandom of Star Wars and their love of collecting! Each patch is limited to 500 pieces and will be given out on a first-come-first serve basis during the meet-and-greets. Additionally, a small number of full sets will be given away in the Social Area during the convention! Follow @C6CollectTrack on Twitter during the con.

The meet-and-greets will be held in the Collectors’ Social Area, a new addition to the popular Collecting Track for Celebration VI. In addition to this exclusive patch giveaway, attendees can sit on roundtable discussions, get collecting books autographed, meet other collectors as well as other great activities.

Come on out and meet a fan site and get an exclusive patch - only in the Star Wars Collectors Social Area! The times for each can be found on the Collecting Track schedule of events: http://theswca.com/celebration6/c6-ct-schedule-all.pdf

Tommy

Last edited:

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
The Twitter hash tag for the Collecting Track is going to be #C6Collect.

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
The Collecting Track is proud to make a major announcement. We will have a new feature at C6: a Scavenger Hunt! Stop by the Social Area in room W304CD for details and to pick up your entry card. Travel around the convention seeing neat things, answering interesting questions and meeting cool people! Complete your list, and win awesome prizes! This will honestly be one of those things that you're going to want to do, because the prizes are going to be the talk of the Con!

Tommy

Reaction score
Will it be different each day?

The Collecting Track is proud to make a major announcement. We will have a new feature at C6: a Scavenger Hunt! Stop by the Social Area in room W304CD for details and to pick up your entry card. Travel around the convention seeing neat things, answering interesting questions and meeting cool people! Complete your list, and win awesome prizes! This will honestly be one of those things that you're going to want to do, because the prizes are going to be the talk of the Con!

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
They will be the same every day, but we have decided to limit the distribution each day so that everyone gets a chance. Once they're gone, they're gone though, so I would suggest picking up your game card early.

The person who finishes the game card the fastest will receive some great prizes, but everyone who finishes will be awarded an exclusive medal (while supplies last). The medals are going to be one of the most sought after exclusives at the Con, due to their limited number, the effort it takes to win one, and the fact that they're just cool.

Tommy

Last edited:
Reaction score
1st panel was the Death Squad Commander
2nd Panel was Princess Leia
3rd Panel was Greedo
4th will be R2

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wanted to attend each panel but the son was getting cranky and with the wife being pregnant, she wasn't feeling well so I had to pass. Oh well, family comes first!

Reaction score
4th was R5 actually. I got the last 3. I was catching up on grabbing my prints. I know I'll miss one or two because I want to finish grabbing prints an autos.

Reaction score
Picked up 3 of the 4 on Thursday with some extras, and planned to get more today with extras. Will have a good number to trade on Sunday in line. Going to try to knock out the scavenger hunt today, hoping it won't be too tough to get all 15, but more hints would be great...

Reaction score
So the last 2 collector panels will be Chewie and Stormtrooper. I'm lookin for the death squad guy from yesterday and Obi Wan, luke and whoever else was given in first 3 panels.