Celebration VI Art

Reaction score
If you have pre-ordered art from someone in the artist area, do you get your print from the artist or do you have to wait in a line to get something from the acme people?

Reaction score
I love Matt Busch stuff, so I'm kind of scared of this...
I always pick something up at Matt's table. You can never go wrong.

Can't wait to hit the artist's tables. You never know what else you might find -which can be dangerous, depending on your taste.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be picking up my prints from Jeff Confer and Doug Wheatley on Sunday.

Reaction score
I waited in line all morning but grabbed the 28th matt busch print of the 50 allotted. It was worth the headache, he was very cool to talk to!

Reaction score
I missed the Matt Busch every day! I got Lego and Hallmark so I guess I won't complain. I was always 53 or 55 in line for Matt's each day. I even wore his white khol's boba fett t shirt on saturday and it did give me any extra luck.

Reaction score
I missed the Matt Busch every day! I got Lego and Hallmark so I guess I won't complain. I was always 53 or 55 in line for Matt's each day. I even wore his white khol's boba fett t shirt on saturday and it did give me any extra luck.
i missed it every day :(

Reaction score
I just want to say that Chris Trevas is a class act guy and one of the nicest guys I've met. I won't go into specifics but he really helped me out yesterday. Thanks Chris!

Reaction score
I think the preorder nonsense was total bull. Isn't the point of the convention to get people to come to the booth first come first served to buy the print?

Reaction score
I think the preorder nonsense was total bull. Isn't the point of the convention to get people to come to the booth first come first served to buy the print?
CV was a madhouse with getting prints, I dont htink anyone walked away happy with that experience. ACME had to do something and pre order was the best option. They made sure there were still prints on hand for the show, although Trevas still sold out before the door was open to regular pass holders.

They still need to work on their speed at the registers. Had like a 30-45 min line Thursday for people picking up art and commissions at the store because the artists were not "suppose" to handle any money on the floor. Considering Vanderstelts line was 15mins just to get the ticket to pay for the print then stand in ACME's line, then stand in Vanderstelt's line again....let's just say I saw more then one unhappy customer.

I was very happy with the preorder option, I was in and out in little time and was able to start collecting sketches, and actually see the show instead of waiting in line all day.

Reaction score
I got all 9 prints I wanted I even lucked out and was able to buy a couple of trevas prints that were pre orders that were not picked up on sunday at 4:00 pm.

Reaction score
CV was a madhouse with getting prints, I dont htink anyone walked away happy with that experience. ACME had to do something and pre order was the best option. They made sure there were still prints on hand for the show, although Trevas still sold out before the door was open to regular pass holders.

They still need to work on their speed at the registers. Had like a 30-45 min line Thursday for people picking up art and commissions at the store because the artists were not "suppose" to handle any money on the floor. Considering Vanderstelts line was 15mins just to get the ticket to pay for the print then stand in ACME's line, then stand in Vanderstelt's line again....let's just say I saw more then one unhappy customer.

I was very happy with the preorder option, I was in and out in little time and was able to start collecting sketches, and actually see the show instead of waiting in line all day.
Agreed, This is the way to go without a doubt !

Reaction score
I'd just like to thank everyone who stopped by to pick up a C-VI poster and also to the folk who came by just to say hello.. It was a terrific event and we couldn't do it without the support from you guys out there. Cheers also to the team at rebelscum for facilitating these threads and for making us all feel impossibly welcome.

For all of those of you who purchased the Ralph McQuarrie prints, a warm thanks. As you know we donated all of the proceeds of those sales to a worthy cause.

Take care all and cheers again

High regards

MARK

Reaction score
You might be the only one in that boat and you obviously weren't at C5. The preorder thing was outstanding. I'm not concerned about what # I get so I picked them all up on Sat. afternoon. Certainly beats standing in line for 5 hours on Thurs. morning. Well done ACME.

Reaction score
You might be the only one in that boat and you obviously weren't at C5. The preorder thing was outstanding. I'm not concerned about what # I get so I picked them all up on Sat. afternoon. Certainly beats standing in line for 5 hours on Thurs. morning. Well done ACME.
amen to that!!!!

Reaction score
I'll agree to that too^! The point is to enjoy the art area, not be in line for 2 hours the first day. Even longer for others that first day at CV. Much smoother this time around for sure.

Reaction score
Actually, Epsilon I was at C5 and I managed to get the print I wanted on that Friday.I also went to C3 and 4 and managed to get any print I wanted there as well. However, I wasn't able to make it to C6. I had a fellow scummer try to get me the prints I wanted. He wasn't able to and that's cool cause he did me a big service because he tried.

However, my point about pre-orders is the fact that it essentially defeats the purpose of others coming to the show to get a print if(basically) all of them have been presold before the show ever begins. The prints should be sold only at the show so that everyone who wants one at least has a shot at it. It makes no damn sense to me to have a catalog at the show that says prints will be available only at the show,limited to a certain number, when essentially they have all been sold via preorders.

If the prints are so damn hard to get cause of scalpers or demand why not increase the print run to 1k or so? Doing so defeats the scalpers and it makes lots of fellow collectors happy.

I'll agree to that too^! The point is to enjoy the art area, not be in line for 2 hours the first day. Even longer for others that first day at CV. Much smoother this time around for sure.

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the show. We really, really tried our best to make this a much smoother experience and as you all said, the pre-orders helped a lot. Thursday morning was the only time there was any real waiting, as some said maybe max of 1/2 hour which wasn't bad at all considering just the sheer volume of people. I worked hard to make sure people were headed in the right direction and knew what to do and where to go. Our guys at the registers worked really, really hard and kept things moving.

And remember that those people who came first thing Thursday who were merely picking up pre-orders CHOSE to wait in line for a bit. Especially for Chris Trevas and Jerry Vanderstelt. Remember that people had the whole show to pick things up. Those who avoided the Thursday morning rush didn't have to wait at all. After all, each artist's prints were all the same. :) If you just had to come early to get a low or special number, or a remarque... that's all cool. But it was your choice.

We hope everyone had a great Celebration and got some cool new swag for their walls and are happy that the art show brought more smiles and much, much less time waiting in lines this time!

Last edited:
Reaction score
However, my point about pre-orders is the fact that it essentially defeats the purpose of others coming to the show to get a print if(basically) all of them have been presold before the show ever begins. The prints should be sold only at the show so that everyone who wants one at least has a shot at it. It makes no damn sense to me to have a catalog at the show that says prints will be available only at the show,limited to a certain number, when essentially they have all been sold via preorders.

If the prints are so damn hard to get cause of scalpers or demand why not increase the print run to 1k or so? Doing so defeats the scalpers and it makes lots of fellow collectors happy.
I have to respectfully disagree. The pre-orders in no way defeated the purpose. It simply streamlined the process and allowed fans to not have to stress or wait in monumental lines. We held back a nice chunk of every print to be sold only at the show. So every fan at the show had a shot at every print. And only Chris Trevas' even pre-sold out. The vast, vast majority of the artists had prints available on the floor all, or almost all weekend. Nobody missed out because they had "all been sold via pre-orders". Seriously, Trevas' print was the only one that went insanely fast to a sellout the first morning. And he's just THAT popular. That would have happened no matter what.

Also, upping the run to 1,000 isn't a realistic option. Supply and demand 101. And it devalues the pieces and the brand. People like limited things. Do you really think it'd be great for collectors and/or the artists if artists have hundreds and hundreds of unsold prints due to massive print runs? You're suggesting printing more prints than people who attended the show! Yikes! There must be a balance to The Force! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree. The pre-orders in no way defeated the purpose. It simply streamlined the process and allowed fans to not have to stress or wait in monumental lines. We held back a nice chunk of every print to be sold only at the show. So every fan at the show had a shot at every print. And only Chris Trevas' even pre-sold out. The vast, vast majority of the artists had prints available on the floor all, or almost all weekend. Nobody missed out because they had "all been sold via pre-orders". Seriously, Trevas' print was the only one that went insanely fast to a sellout the first morning. And half naked leia is just THAT popular. That would have happened no matter what.

Also, upping the run to 1,000 isn't a realistic option. Supply and demand 101. And it devalues the pieces and the brand. People like limited things. Do you really think it'd be great for collectors and/or the artists if artists have hundreds and hundreds of unsold prints due to massive print runs? You're suggesting printing more prints than people who attended the show! Yikes! There must be a balance to The Force! :)
there we are.:grin: but seriously Trevas is amazing. I got mine.

Reaction score

Everyone had access to the Pre Orders, not only that but there was no additional charge for preorders. If you opted to try to get one at the show, that's your choice, but if you REALLY wanted a print why not pre order to make sure you got it.

I kind of get what you are saying about making them only available at the show, but with autographs lines being so long, and exclusives lines being so long. Why should the art line also be long?

On top of all that the Preorder made it really easy to help other scummers who were unable to go to CVI. I only wanted two prints but I picked up like 10 other prints for other people very easily. Plus I managed to get a couple day of show for a last minute order.

@swabie The line itself to pay wasnt to bad, 30 mins is a hassle all in all though it flowed pretty good. It was the combo of Vanderstelt's line plus the Acme line and then Vanderstelt's line again that I saw people complaing about, and I understand that. I didnt have that problem though cause I preordered :p

Also that line on the first day did block people from Rabbitte, McKenna, and Raats (I think it was Raats), but that was just a bad setup problem which once the line went away was fixed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the show. We really, really tried our best to make this a much smoother experience and as you all said, the pre-orders helped a lot. Thursday morning was the only time there was any real waiting, as some said maybe max of 1/2 hour which wasn't bad at all considering just the sheer volume of people. I worked hard to make sure people were headed in the right direction and knew what to do and where to go. Our guys at the registers worked really, really hard and kept things moving.

And remember that those people who came first thing Thursday who were merely picking up pre-orders CHOSE to wait in line for a bit. Especially for Chris Trevas and Jerry Vanderstelt. Remember that people had the whole show to pick things up. Those who avoided the Thursday morning rush didn't have to wait at all. After all, each artist's prints were all the same. :) If you just had to come early to get a low or special number, or a remarque... that's all cool. But it was your choice.

We hope everyone had a great Celebration and got some cool new swag for their walls and are happy that the art show brought more smiles and much, much less time waiting in lines this time!
Well said brother. This made the art fans able to enjoy the experience that much more. I would not see anything change.

50 held back seemed to do well, and many had many more.

Thanks for always thinking of us fans.

I have to respectfully disagree. The pre-orders in no way defeated the purpose. It simply streamlined the process and allowed fans to not have to stress or wait in monumental lines. We held back a nice chunk of every print to be sold only at the show. So every fan at the show had a shot at every print. And only Chris Trevas' even pre-sold out. The vast, vast majority of the artists had prints available on the floor all, or almost all weekend. Nobody missed out because they had "all been sold via pre-orders". Seriously, Trevas' print was the only one that went insanely fast to a sellout the first morning. And he's just THAT popular. That would have happened no matter what.

Balance in the Force there must always be.

Reaction score
I hadn't looked at my CV Vanderstelt print in a good while. So when Jerry pulled out the CVI print, I didn't realize how big the print was! OMG what an awesome print it is. Another suggestion for next time is more artists having boxes/tubes for every print. Or ACME providing some to the artists. I'll happily pay a few more dollars per print to offset this. The plastic bag tubes didn't cut it if you're walking around all day with them. I had to use creative rolling to get multiple prints per tube I had. Last time I put them within Jerry's CV print. This year Jerry kinda scared me saying I shouldn't put anything within his print box. A couple artists put their prints flat in a plastic slip. No offense I'd rather have had them rolled.

Reaction score
I hadn't looked at my CV Vanderstelt print in a good while. So when Jerry pulled out the CVI print, I didn't realize how big the print was! OMG what an awesome print it is. Another suggestion for next time is more artists having boxes/tubes for every print. Or ACME providing some to the artists. I'll happily pay a few more dollars per print to offset this. The plastic bag tubes didn't cut it if you're walking around all day with them. I had to use creative rolling to get multiple prints per tube I had. Last time I put them within Jerry's CV print. This year Jerry kinda scared me saying I shouldn't put anything within his print box. A couple artists put their prints flat in a plastic slip. No offense I'd rather have had them rolled.
I think that ACME was hoping people would buy the lightsaber poster tubes. 2 problems with that. One Mine ran out of room. Two While very cool the actual design of the lightsaber poster tube SUCKS. Mine kept popping open for no reason, and let me tell you what a pain it is to resecure it with a handful of merchandise. Im just damn lucky none of the prints got damaged from it popping off all the time.

Reaction score
I think that ACME was hoping people would buy the lightsaber poster tubes. 2 problems with that. One Mine ran out of room. Two While very cool the actual design of the lightsaber poster tube SUCKS. Mine kept popping open for no reason, and let me tell you what a pain it is to resecure it with a handful of merchandise. Im just damn lucky none of the prints got damaged from it popping off all the time.
Yeah my kid wanted one so I got him it... but the top strap piece broke the first day :(