Celebration VI Art

Reaction score
Actually, Epsilon I was at C5 and I managed to get the print I wanted on that Friday.I also went to C3 and 4 and managed to get any print I wanted there as well. However, I wasn't able to make it to C6. I had a fellow scummer try to get me the prints I wanted. He wasn't able to and that's cool cause he did me a big service because he tried.

However, my point about pre-orders is the fact that it essentially defeats the purpose of others coming to the show to get a print if(basically) all of them have been presold before the show ever begins. The prints should be sold only at the show so that everyone who wants one at least has a shot at it. It makes no damn sense to me to have a catalog at the show that says prints will be available only at the show,limited to a certain number, when essentially they have all been sold via preorders.

If the prints are so damn hard to get cause of scalpers or demand why not increase the print run to 1k or so? Doing so defeats the scalpers and it makes lots of fellow collectors happy.
If you want the print bad enough then preorder it, who would spend 50 plus on a print run of a 1000 that's retarded? I like the preorder deal, I spent 40 minutes securing my prints and I didn't have to pull a sit in just to purchase them. I hate waiting in lines! But this took care of it, the only thing that aggravated me were the idiots who had 50 pieces that were to be autographed bye mr. Baker and the guy saw that there were at least 100 people in line behind him. Acme did a awesome job and they fixed it PERIOD! Cant wait till cvii

Last edited:
Reaction score
The last day of the show acme was giving one light saber tube away with 50 buck purchase i got 2 that way with the trevas prints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, but I will respectfully have to disagree about the preordering prints.People who go to cons in general know they will have to wait in long lines PERIOD.Its part of the experience. If you want something you get in line to get it, if not you don't. As to the point about increasing the number of them- why not do 500 or so? It doesn't hurt the collectors, it only helps them. People buy things for various reasons . Ebay can attest for certain of those prints people bought to resale to make big bucks. Now, if the point of making prints and selling them at the shows is to put them into collectors hands who will enjoy them and display them ,then what does it matter if that LIMITED number of prints goes up to 500 or 750? )

To be honest, even though I don't like preorders I wouldn't be averse to them if they did a print run of 500 or so and let half be preorders. My main beef with the preorders this time comes from the fact that in some cases (such as Trevas) all 200 of the preorders sold out leaving basically none for the show.

The last day of the show acme was giving one light saber tube away with 50 buck purchase i got 2 that way with the trevas prints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So one print out of 30+ is the reason why the rules should change??

Anyone ever consider the profits of the artist? What about the artists that didn't even sell half their 250? If you make the edition 500 or more, they would be left with even more unsold inventory. Acme provides the artist a venue to display and sell their prints and for that Acme takes a cut. The artist still puts out the cost to get the run made (hence why some printed digitally while others used more impressive papers and printing methods - and charged more or less accordingly.)

I'm pretty sure, after talking with a lot of the artists, they really liked the preorders. They gave the artists a way to know that they at least already sold a certain number of prints prior to going to CVI. It's a good feeling knowing your art is wanted and some fans were willing to pay for it in advance of seeing it in person.

I missed the Trevas. Had he had 100 or more to sell at the show, he still would have had a crazy line and they would have sold out quick.

I'm glad I was able to get the 9 prints I did get and that I was able to spend approx 1 hour (spread out over the 4 days) getting them. It meant I got to talk to the artists longer (no lines behind me) and I didn't have to rush off to get in another line. My experience at CV was the opposite. I spent 4-5 hours total in line and talked to the artists for about 20 minutes total (7 artists.)

These artists have been selling their stuff for years. I'm pretty sure if this system was majorly flawed, they wouldn't have signed up for it.

There is no way to please every attendee.

Sorry, but I will respectfully have to disagree about the preordering prints.People who go to cons in general know they will have to wait in long lines PERIOD.Its part of the experience. If you want something you get in line to get it, if not you don't. As to the point about increasing the number of them- why not do 500 or so? It doesn't hurt the collectors, it only helps them. People buy things for various reasons . Ebay can attest for certain of those prints people bought to resale to make big bucks. Now, if the point of making prints and selling them at the shows is to put them into collectors hands who will enjoy them and display them ,then what does it matter if that LIMITED number of prints goes up to 500 or 750? )

To be honest, even though I don't like preorders I wouldn't be averse to them if they did a print run of 500 or so and let half be preorders. My main beef with the preorders this time comes from the fact that in some cases (such as Trevas) all 200 of the preorders sold out leaving basically none for the show.

Reaction score

If it hadn't been for the pre-orders, I wouldn't have these beauties in-hand, in frames and hanging on my wall.

Reaction score
Ill just say this- if the art is desired it sells ---period. Regardless of whether or not it sells out at the convention is irrelevant- though I assume every artist would love for that to happen. If the art is not desired then it doesn't sell and that falls on lucasfilm and the artists for having produced it. All I'm really advocating an increase in print runs to say 500 so that the artists can have their preorders ,but still have enough to make it fair for convention goers in the future.

Reaction score
Ill just say this- if the art is desired it sells ---period. Regardless of whether or not it sells out at the convention is irrelevant- though I assume every artist would love for that to happen. If the art is not desired then it doesn't sell and that falls on lucasfilm and the artists for having produced it. All I'm really advocating an increase in print runs to say 500 so that the artists can have their preorders ,but still have enough to make it fair for convention goers in the future.
I know what you mean. I think balancing the 250 between what is available at the show and available for preorder would be better (125 / 125.)

It sounds crazy but the only way some artists would even attempt to sell a larger number would be through preorder to guarantee them the security of knowing they aren't pumping more money into a print run that may not sell. Which doesn't fix the problem.

The risk of selling always falls on the artist.
The cost of production also falls on the artist.
The type of printing and materials falls on the artist.
So at the end of the day, the artists will decide what is best for them and work with Acme on improving the process (if deemed necessary) for the next Celebration Art Show.

Our feedback on print size and how to handle it will likely fall on deaf ears because we are not an invested party when the decisions are being made. We the fans/collectors will be presented with the results of those decisions and we get to provide feedback with our wallets (good or bad) in hopes that they will continue to use it to continue improving the process for all parties involved.

Reaction score
Definitely an improvement from last time. However, they did not seem to know or care again that VIPs would be in at 930, so if you were a VIP you had to wait a bit until they were ready. They should have been ready to roll at 930, not just getting the til set up then. Also, they needed one or more tills, they said they would do this, they did not. I'm fine with the preorders. I would have liked a system akin to Spencer where you could preorder pick your number, as going to the alley early and waiting through some lines was required if numbers are important to you.

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a key to ID-ing all the people on the Jeff Carlisle print?

Reaction score
I didn't do any pre-orders, met Jeff Confer and shook Doug Whealey's hand. Picked up the Bad Guys and Boba Fett-concept to realization prints.
---------------------------------
"He's no good to me dead.":ninja:

Reaction score
I posted this up in the Art forum too:
I don't know if anyone saw this or not, but I was one of the lucky few Jedi Masters with the Meet and Greet with Dave Filoni. He had an art print for us. The size is 18 x 24 and I am sorry for the glare

Reaction score
That's pretty cool.
I saw one of those when we were in line for autographs. A VIP we chatted with for awhile showed us that piece...he had just finished going through Ashley Eckstein's line to get her signature added to it.

And I agree, very cool! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw one of those when we were in line for autographs. A VIP we chatted with for awhile showed us that piece...he had just finished going through Ashley Eckstein's line to get her signature added to it.

And I agree, very cool! :)
Very cool but not nearly as limited.

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a key to ID-ing all the people on the Jeff Carlisle print?
I wish. I was thinking of making a tumblr or something with a Hi-res scan to help ID all the people.

That print was only for the 50 Masters, so it was more limited than the art prints (unless it was available somewhere else, also).
And if it was / is please share.

Reaction score
That print was only for the 50 Masters, so it was more limited than the art prints (unless it was available somewhere else, also).

Oh, my mistake then. I thought they were given out to the Knights too which would put it at 300, 50 more than the other artist prints.

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if the CVI 18"x24" Trevas print (or the CV print for that matter) will fit into an 18"x24" Itoya Art Profolio? Sometimes these Profolio's run slightly smaller than stated. I am looking to pick one of these up for my art storage, until I can get around to giving my prints the proper framing that they deserve and do not want it to be ever so slightly to small. Thanks.

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of my 18x24 prints in the 24x36 sleeves. I think they should fit but it would be a tight squeeze and you risk them creasing when you slide them in. I nearly creased my Vanderstelt putting it in the 24x36 sleeve because it was the same type of thing it just barely fit. Thankfully no harm done.