Celebration V in Spring of 2009?

Reaction score
Poohbear said:
Jedi_Justin said:
MarioB said:
Regardless of when or where CV may be, I will be there.
Still is (and always will be) the best post in this entire thread.
I'm glad you made an official declaration

Frankly, travel is an issue for me. Less money spent on travel would be more money spent on the convention or better yet, money I would still have occupying my savings and checking accounts AFTER the convention.
This isn't targeted at you specifically, but that situation affects every person in attendance. People do love to argue the location, but it's just never been something that people can vote for. It'll be where it'll be and it's up to people to make the decision on if they want to go.

I guess complaining about the cost on the forums is cheaper than going so maybe that's a way some people can cope.

-chris

Reaction score
Quite frankly with all the downtown LA development going on I can see it ending up there again.
The only gripe I have which they should consider is not to have a celebration europe so close to CV

Reaction score
Someone took a photo of my dumb little sign I sat under during the Thursday morning line. Now it's on TF.N. in the CIV "Top 10" image gallery.

At least that one is better than the other CIV photos I was involved with that made the "Top 10" gallery.
However, CV may have even worse photos...
-theropod

Reaction score
I'll try to go to C5 if I can. Looking at all the pictures of C4 made me wish I was there. I haven't been to one of these yet.

Reaction score
I saw this sign, my friends and I thought it was AWESOME, its just what I was thinking after waiting in all those long lines.

Reaction score
C IV was my first Celebration, I would always look at the pictures online and then I finally decided to go, I am soooooo glad that I finally did, looking forward to C V.

Reaction score
If its back in LA I think many more people will show up. The one thing that really got me excited was the amount of happy people. Now if your out in the traffic for hours, out in the sun, out in the rain, your going to be moody. This years event was my first and I was really impressed on how well it went off. The air-conditioned rooms, the special areas and the amount of content that they were able to stick in there just on shear size. If they did do it again there in LA I'm sure it would even be better than this last event. With the next generation of TV shows coming up there will be us old fans and a whole bunch more so wherever they have the next one there has to be enough room to hold at least 20,000 people. I forsee these events getting bigger not smaller.

I'm excited, cant wait for the next one.

-Eldarwen
SWG Player
LV48 Jedi
"May the force be with you"

Reaction score
I agree with Poohbear. Traveling and accommodations were higher for me than at C3 adn C4 in Indy. L.A. in general, I thought was expensive. Just my two cents worth.

Since forums are for opinions, I will voice mine. I would like to see it in either KC, St. Louis, or Chicago...please keep it in the midwest

Reaction score
FortTrooper said:
I spoke to a guy from Lucas and he confirmed that GenCon has a deal...every two years they have to host.
With "a guy from Lucas" I assume you mean Lucasfilm? Who is this guy you spoke to, and what makes what he told you credible?

Reaction score
JoshEEE said:
I said it for C3 and I said it for C4.

Now I'll say it for C5.

VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!
I heard a lot of people is gunning for Vegas for CV and even Comic-con but I think that's a bad idea. Vegas is great for trade show conventions because no one buys anything on the floor, you just look. However, for CV or Comic-con, we buys tons of things on the floor and now you throw gambling into the mix. Not to mention, I imagine a fair amount of us have some degree of addictive personality, I know I do. Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Well, being at C2, C3 and CE, I have to say I am more eager to go to LA than Europe again. Dont get me wrong, I had a gret time in London at CE...but talk about taxes....LA must be cheaper than that.

So If it is 2009 or 2010, I will be there in LA either way..

Reaction score
Things are just more expensive at the moment here in the UK for Americans due to a stronger Pound. Its great for me because Im off to Boston in November so get loads of Dollars to my Pound!

Anyway, for me I would like Vegas. Ive never been there before so this would make a great excuse!

Reaction score
Vegas would be great for me! I can't gamble so I have nothing to lose (except my star wars funds
)