Celebration V in Spring of 2009?

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed in the CIV survey by Gen-con, one of questions asks if CV is to be held in the Spring of 2009, will we travel there? Is this confirmation that CV is happening in two years?

Reaction score
I just finished filling out this survey so I hope this is a big sign that it's going to happen. I can't see why it wouldn't happen as most people I talked to had a great time at C4 and it would be in time for the launch of the TV show.

Reaction score
So spring of 2009 would make it the tenth anniversary of both the Phantom Menace and the first Celebration in Denver. I think they should hold off until the 30th of Empire.

Reaction score
Isn't 2009 also the target time for the live action tv series to be released? It'll be great as PR for the next phase in the SW franchise. Wonder if they'll consider LACC again, I heard that Steve Sansweet was really impressed with the convention center.

Reaction score
Nah I think im done with LA and all its high prices and high taxes. LA is fun dont get me wrong,but the idea(its in L.A. therefore well get more stars from the movies, doesnt hold any weight anymore, since we didnt get Hammil or other L.A. SW cast residents to show , to sign more specifically.)(Don't get me wrong Fischer was very great and to be honest she was the highlight of the convention for me, and was the main reason I went in the first place.But if she can take time out of her busy schedule to please the fans why not others?)There is no sense in saying L.A. will equal bigger stars to be there when they dont come and dont sign.Hammil , i believe was shown the door by official pix because he wanted way way too much for his auto.Besides 4 to 5000 more people at C4 is paltry when you could have probably gotten much much more by holding the convention near the East coast.(reason being a lot more peopel live on the East coast than the west.)

Gimme Indianapolis with its new convention center next time.That way I can drive there and not spend 60 bucks per cab ride to the hotel and back, and not spend over 3 dollars for a drink or shell out 50 dollars in taxes.

Reaction score
I guess I'm just used to the taxes in LA so that really didn't make a difference to me. I was a little sad that Hamill couldn't make it to CIV since he lives in LA and all. Was Hamill the guest that OP was trying to get but due to scheduling conflicts, couldn't? I'm sure whatever Hamill was asking for to attend CIV would have been satisfied, I mean he is Luke and the 30 years of ANH. I think both LA and Indy has it's advantages when it comes to how many people would show up. Indy is closer to the east coast so much more east coaster would show up and LA probably had more international fans since it had more attractions besides the convention. LA is a big tourist destination so I guess some people see it as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, attend CIV, stay a little longer and make it a family vacation also. Just my opinion.

Mods, if you want to, please merge the two threads. Thanks

Reaction score
yodaman1234 said:
Nah I think im done with LA and all its high prices and high taxes. LA is fun dont get me wrong,but the idea(its in L.A. therefore well get more stars from the movies, doesnt hold any weight anymore, since we didnt get Hammil or other L.A. SW cast residents to show , to sign more specifically.)(Don't get me wrong Fischer was very great and to be honest she was the highlight of the convention for me, and was the main reason I went in the first place.But if she can take time out of her busy schedule to please the fans why not others?)There is no sense in saying L.A. will equal bigger stars to be there when they dont come and dont sign.Hammil , i believe was shown the door by official pix because he wanted way way too much for his auto.Besides 4 to 5000 more people at C4 is paltry when you could have probably gotten much much more by holding the convention near the East coast.(reason being a lot more peopel live on the East coast than the west.)

Gimme Indianapolis with its new convention center next time.That way I can drive there and not spend 60 bucks per cab ride to the hotel and back, and not spend over 3 dollars for a drink or shell out 50 dollars in taxes.
Agreed. While I didn't attend CIV, it's being in LA was the deciding factor in going/not going. I'd gladly take a plane from Connecticut to Indianapolis, or even better, somewhere closer to New York or a little further south like Georgia.

Reaction score
I understand the need to do it again in two years - to prevent flagging interest in the franchise from affecting attendance too drastically - but I too would prefer they waited until 2010 for the 30th Anniversary of TESB. Especially if it's in L.A. again. If they moved it back to Indy, they could have one every year and I'd probably go.

Reaction score
Wwll, I went to C3, missed C4, so, I'll go to C5. and by '09 I'll have my Pilots Liscence (Hopefully!)

Reaction score
I hope they bring it in NY. It will be cool if its in the Big Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Leslie_B said:
I hope they bring it in NY. It will be cool if its in the Big Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of all the thousands of towns & cities in this country, NYC would be the LAST place I would want C5 to be held, and I'm a NY-er. Just imagine the parking & traffic nightmares such a large-scale event would bring.

Brutal on so many levels...

Reaction score
hehehe. i could picture lots of people rushing by train, car, bus just to go to star wars con. if not NY probably NJ.

Reaction score
JangosKid said:
will be there standing tall!
Don't you mean standing in line?

I'll be there. 2010 would be more of a break but regardless I will be there. I've had quite enough celebrating this year with C4 and CE.

John

Reaction score
I thought LA was great, the hotel was $90 a night and less than a mile from the event. I don't know why anyone would take cabs for $50 bucks a trip when my rental car for the 4 days I had it was around $65 total and the parking at the LACC was fine, never had a problem parking. And my wife and I didn't even decide to go until 3 weeks before the event. I am from northern Minnesota and would and will travel to CV no matter where it is. To the people that want the event close to them so that they don't need to travel, whats the point of that, that's part of the fun. I think if we have enough money to buy all of stuff at the convention (We spent almost $1000 on stuff) the trip cost shouldn't be the deciding factor. By the way I would love the NY idea as I have never been there, but a spreadout place with lots of parking and large spreadout Convention Center is ideal no matter where it is. I'll see you all at CV

Reaction score
A well laid out convention center with good parking, hotel and food options w/in easy walking will get my vote. This type of thing, people often want it in a "really cool" place or "their" backyard.

I was disappointed there wasn't more food choices w/in easy walking of the LA Convention center.

Reaction score
cyberwood said:
I was disappointed there wasn't more food choices w/in easy walking of the LA Convention center.
I usually just ry and deal with location since I like to attend these events. Even the walk from our hotel didn't bother me too much. However, this is a quote I agree with. I was really disappointed at the lack of good eateries. We found once nice one tucked away on the first day and after trying one or two others went back to the first one over and over. Not really large crowds so I gather most didn't even find the place. Good for us.

John

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
Leslie_B said:
Of all the thousands of towns & cities in this country, NYC would be the LAST place I would want C5 to be held, and I'm a NY-er. Just imagine the parking & traffic nightmares such a large-scale event would bring.

Oh come on...It doesn't have to be in the city proper...How about out at the Meadowlands? North Jersey? That would be great! ....and close, for me!

Reaction score
JohnA said:
cyberwood said:
I usually just ry and deal with location since I like to attend these events. Even the walk from our hotel didn't bother me too much. However, this is a quote I agree with. I was really disappointed at the lack of good eateries. We found once nice one tucked away on the first day and after trying one or two others went back to the first one over and over. Not really large crowds so I gather most didn't even find the place. Good for us.

John
Too true. I ate so much pizza that week I could have barfed! We even lost a restaurant part way through the Celebration. There was a sports bar/restaurant located north (?) by the Staples dome, along the main drag heading towards the Holiday Inn, that closed up. They even had a Star Wars menu, while it lasted...

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Jedi_Justin said:
Leslie_B said:

Oh come on...It doesn't have to be in the city proper...How about out at the Meadowlands? North Jersey? That would be great! ....and close, for me!
Umm OK - but how does the Meadowlands and North Jersey relate to NY and the Big Apple that Leslie_B suggested?

Reaction score
I had pizza one day and the rest of the time survived on snacks and stuff I brought with me.

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
SirTristram said:
Jedi_Justin said:
Leslie_B said:

Umm OK - but how does the Meadowlands and North Jersey relate to NY and the Big Apple that Leslie_B suggested?
Well, every concert I see there is listed as the New York area and even Newark Airport is listed as a New York flight when booking flights...So, being so close to New York City, North Jersey is a perfect alternative to having a Con in the NYC area. It's sure better than anywhere else near Manhattan....and the New York Giants have their home stadium at....the Meadowlands in....Wait for it....Northern New Jersey.
Chiller Theatre has been held in North Jersery for about 20 years....and it's still going strong. With access to NYC, it would be a great plce to hold an official Con.

Reaction score
Bring C5 to Philly. Needs to be in the east coast at some point. The traffic wouldn't be as bad as NYC.

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
MarioB said:
Regardless of when or where CV may be, I will be there.
Still is (and always will be) the best post in this entire thread.
I'm glad you made an official declaration

Frankly, travel is an issue for me. Less money spent on travel would be more money spent on the convention or better yet, money I would still have occupying my savings and checking accounts AFTER the convention.