Celebration V - 08/12-08/15, 2010 in Orlando #5

Reaction score
Re: Celebration V - 08/12-08/15, 2010 in Orlando #

No problem havok2272, hope you get all the information from Reed that you need. See you and your lady friend at C5, you can spot me out by my forum badge, and I'm spending alot of time volunteering for OPX.

Reaction score

epsilonjedi said:
Ross_C said:
epsilonjedi said:
havok2272 said:
I saw on the schedule that there will be an entrance for disabled visitors to allow early access. Does anyone know if this will be at a specific entrance or will they have access at all entry points? Thanks for any help.
I wonder what they consider "disabled"? Anyone wanna sit in a wheelchair while I push to get that 1/2 hour headstart? j/k
Wow the master os a--hattery strikes again!! Looking forward to meeting you at the event...good times!
Wow you guys are way to frackin serious and take everything way to personally and out of context. I wasn't trying to making fun of the disabled I was simply wondering how easy it would be to get in early. Lighten up and quit trying to make me out as some sort of evil internet troll/villan Ross. At least I'm not the one giving demeaning names to people.
What, I thought you liked the attention? Guess not so much when the critical light is shone on you. Nothing I can say will top your level of ignorance, grats, thanks and keep up the QQ.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain, good question about the pictures. I think it just depends on the person and how they feel at that particular time but there are no seperate prices listed for pictures so I plan to have my camera with me just in case pics are allowed. This is my first celebration and I'm really excited. I hope to get as many pictures as possible.

oops...modified for clarity

Reaction score

Kina, you should check out the rebelscum survival guide to C5. It should help, and most of us veterns of these shows will help you also. Just go through and read through alot of these threads in the C5 section, there is alot info in them that could help also.

Reaction score

Thanks, Clonetrooper10 for letting me know about the survival guide. I've been looking at the info there and it is very very helpful.

Reaction score

Ross_C said:
epsilonjedi said:
Ross_C said:
epsilonjedi said:
havok2272 said:
I saw on the schedule that there will be an entrance for disabled visitors to allow early access. Does anyone know if this will be at a specific entrance or will they have access at all entry points? Thanks for any help.
I wonder what they consider "disabled"? Anyone wanna sit in a wheelchair while I push to get that 1/2 hour headstart? j/k
Wow the master os a--hattery strikes again!! Looking forward to meeting you at the event...good times!
Wow you guys are way to frackin serious and take everything way to personally and out of context. I wasn't trying to making fun of the disabled I was simply wondering how easy it would be to get in early. Lighten up and quit trying to make me out as some sort of evil internet troll/villan Ross. At least I'm not the one giving demeaning names to people.
What, I thought you liked the attention? Guess not so much when the critical light is shone on you. Nothing I can say will top your level of ignorance, grats, thanks and keep up the QQ.
And you have a nice day too sir.

Reaction score

Looks like you lucky dogs will see the 'Fan Film Awards'. It's not posted on the schedule for SDCC where it's usually held every year which leads me to believe you guys have it. This was something I looked forward to a lot each year. Maybe you'll get lucky & 'The Maker' will present the winning award.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Looks like you lucky dogs will see the 'Fan Film Awards'. It's not posted on the schedule for SDCC where it's usually held every year which leads me to believe you guys have it. This was something I looked forward to a lot each year. Maybe you'll get lucky & 'The Maker' will present the winning award.

[/QUOTE]

Only if the winner has A.) A press pass B.) A VIP pass C.) Slept outside Friday night for a slight possibility of getting in to the actual auditorium to see GL with his own eyes.

Reaction score

FYI - I didn't see anyone else post yet, but I got my CV entry badge in the mail today. But apparently you have to 'get' your lanyard at the event. Why they couldn't ship them together, I have no idea. I was hoping to minimize entry line time and check in hassles, but no such luck. It seems that anything they can do to complicate the process, they are doing!

By the way, I've heard some reports that the CV logo t-shirts were going to be shipped, then other reports that you'll have to pick them up at the show. Now I'm reading some reports that some people have received them. Can anyone clarify?

Reaction score

Well, I ordered the standard mens cv logo t-shirt and a few womens babydoll t-shirts. I was told that the logo one would be mailed but the other one I would have to pick up. Why? Go figure? I got the Men cv logo one in the mail about a month ago. No women t-shirts. So guess I'm going to meet you at that line for the t-shirts and lanyard. lol!

Reaction score

On a different subject - anyone going to the Space Center while they're in the Orlando area?

I've got a 2 visit ticket, so plan on visiting the Space Center on 10th and 17th August!

Reaction score

I'm going on the 16th

Reaction score
Well had to see how it was after sdcc but it looks like I'm going to attend after all
kinda hyped. even celebration i always hope to go but I'm never in a good spot. This year i just happen to be spending the summer out here in Georgia so Orlando isn't too tough to get to. I'm looking forward to a lot of the prints though it adds up quick so gotta be picky

Reaction score

Sylvius said:
On a different subject - anyone going to the Space Center while they're in the Orlando area?

I've got a 2 visit ticket, so plan on visiting the Space Center on 10th and 17th August!
I am planning on going ont he 19th. Where did you order your tickets from? The discounts I've seen online haven't been all that much.

Reaction score

CaptainAlex said:
Sylvius said:

I am planning on going ont he 19th. Where did you order your tickets from? The discounts I've seen online haven't been all that much.
I used a UK website to get my tickets for the Space Center, so I don't know about your end unfortunately!

Reaction score

Does anyone know what the "I have my barcode" line means on the schedule PDF? Im assuming it means my passes which came in the mail, but they dont have a barcode on them.

Reaction score

it was emailed/displayed on screen for you to print when you first ordered your tickets.

That's what they'll scan (or whatever) to give you your badges. (says the person who's never been to a celebration)

Reaction score

DarthBobul said:
Does anyone know what the "I have my barcode" line means on the schedule PDF? Im assuming it means my passes which came in the mail, but they dont have a barcode on them.
That only applies to passes that were not sent by mail (that's why it says Will Call). The barcode was indeed included in the confirmation e-mail, and like cprav said, it will be scanned to confirm if we actually purchased passes, and if they haven't been claimed yet.

Reaction score

DarthBobul said:
My guess would be (for those international attendees that didn't have their tickets mailed to them) it's a reference to the Bar Code that can be found at the top of every registration confirmation

Reaction score

Just been looking at the I-Trolley map and I notice that they are two different places for the Orange Convention Centre the West Building and then the North/South Building.

Just to confirm from looking at the PDF map here at Rebel Scum that C5 is in the West Building and not the other one.

Knowing me I'd turn up at the wrong one

Reaction score

darthtrooper said:
Just been looking at the I-Trolley map and I notice that they are two different places for the Orange Convention Centre the West Building and then the North/South Building.

Just to confirm from looking at the PDF map here at Rebel Scum that C5 is in the West Building and not the other one.

Knowing me I'd turn up at the wrong one
Correct. It's the west bldg. I think you'd catch on pretty quick when you see the masses of people in Star Wars costumes heading to the correct place.

Reaction score

Thanks Matt, It's just that we fly in on Wednesday and if we got time we going to go up on the Wednesday to get our badges to save time the next morning just didn't want to get off at the wrong place.

Reaction score

Don't worry Darthtrooper. There will be enough of us around, we will lead you in the right direction.
And . . . when you arrive, Welcome to America!

Reaction score

To those going to CV. Pirates Cove Mini golf will give a $1 discount to those who show their badges for a 18 hole round of Putt Putt!! I asked on their facebook page. This includes their International Dr location as well as their Buena Vista Location.
Any little bit helps!! they have awesome courses.

Reaction score

Is that course indoors in the cool or outdoors in the heat which is more likely? Might give it a go if time permits!

Reaction score

I think you also get a discount off food at Hooters with your badge!

I hope Hooter's girls like Star Wars geeks (like me)!

Reaction score

I got my badges. leave next monday for orlando woo hoo!

Reaction score

I read that if you preordered your program, they will not but mailed but picked up at the show. Where do you pick them up and does this mean you have to stand in a line to get it?

Reaction score

Sounds like we just need to always wear the badge, even when outside the OCCC and ask every store, restaurant, etc. if we get a discount. The worst they can say is "no"

Reaction score

MattDoc said:
Sounds like we just need to always wear the badge, even when outside the OCCC and ask every store, restaurant, etc. if we get a discount. The worst they can say is "no"
That's actually a good idea! You never know until you try!

Reaction score

GoneSolo said:
Blight said:
how much are the panels
The collector panels? If so, they are free to attend.
free, suprising isn't it? I wouldn't doubt they will try and charge for those panels in the near future, heh.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

MattDoc said:
Now the real question is how many of you will be wearing your badge on the flight down to Orlando? You might laugh but I saw at least four people while going to C3 in INdy.

Mike

Reaction score

Michael_Ritter said:
MattDoc said:
Now the real question is how many of you will be wearing your badge on the flight down to Orlando? You might laugh but I saw at least four people while going to C3 in INdy.

Mike
Nope, not me. But, the Lucasfilm hat, Star Wars shirt, and Stormtrooper adidas shoes will be a dead giveaway as to where I am headed.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
DarthBobul said:
That only applies to passes that were not sent by mail (that's why it says Will Call). The barcode was indeed included in the confirmation e-mail, and like cprav said, it will be scanned to confirm if we actually purchased passes, and if they haven't been claimed yet.
So as long as I have my passes that came in the mail and the email print out with the bar code on top with me, I can show up on Thursday morning and walk in? I dont have to go to that registration on Wed?

Reaction score

DarthBobul said:
Jorbex said:
DarthBobul said:
So as long as I have my passes that came in the mail and the email print out with the bar code on top with me, I can show up on Thursday morning and walk in? I dont have to go to that registration on Wed?
That's right; Will Call is only for people who don't have their badges yet (but have already bought them), like us internationals.

Reaction score

Does the Celebration Store just have celebration merch in it? Is there anywhere to buy stuff that is sold by starwarsshop? There's something in the shop I want to buy and would love to be able to pick it up at the Con.