Celebration V - 08/12-08/15, 2010 in Orlando #5

Reaction score
Re: Celebration V - 08/12-08/15, 2010 in Orlando #

I agree with Jovial and GoneSolo, just use the rebelscum guide. I guess they will send a ticket or something to tell you how to pick up your guide at C5, for all of us who preordered it online. But who knows but them.

Rod

Reaction score

Anybody here enter the Ultimate Fan Getaway at Cartoon Network? I was wondering where they announce the winner?

Doubt I'd win but got to be optimistic.....you never know....

Reaction score

One thing first Happy B-day ROD!!!!!
And really don't know but I entered it also for kicks. But if I hear anything I'll post it.

Rod

Reaction score

clonetrooper10 said:
One thing first Happy B-day ROD!!!!!
And really don't know but I entered it also for kicks. But if I hear anything I'll post it.
Thanks dude

Reaction score

My Birthday Today Too! Woo Woo.

Reaction score

Patman4 said:
MaxGoof said:
TrooperKittie said:
Thanks cprav, been waiting to hear the response to your question. Am I to assume that it's shipping with my badges then? Or will I have to pick it up @ CV?
They're only shipping tickets and the official con shirt with Boba Fett on it. Everything else needs to be picked up at C5.
WHAT?!?! That can't be right. So I'm not going to have any description of events, a schedule of events, maps, etc. until I actually get there? How are people supposed to effectively plan their convention times without it. I thought at CIV they sent something with the passes before hand. Or is that different from the "official program"?
There should be one posted online in August. You can print out the information and plan on the flight down.

As much as I would like to have even a tentative schedule, like, now, a week before is the best we can hope for. Better than nothing at all until we actually show up, which I've had happen at SOME cons.

Reaction score

I won't know everything that's going on at CV unless the schedule is released before the 6th August, the day before I depart!

I have no plans to use a computer after my trip starts, cause that's not something I really do on holidays!

Reaction score

Sylvius said:
I won't know everything that's going on at CV unless the schedule is released before the 6th August, the day before I depart!

I have no plans to use a computer after my trip starts, cause that's not something I really do on holidays!
I'd taken my laptop on vacation once and I worried about it not being totally secure and safe, so now, I just leave it at home. As long as it was with me, I felt compelled to take it out and use it when I should have been at the pool!

Reaction score

I'll be taking my laptop, if only to clear off memory cards. Much easier than trying to use the one in the hotel's business centre.

Reaction score

I always take my laptop. How else am I suppose to check RS from my room every night.

Reaction score

Wait a second. I clearly remember having something IN HAND that I received in the mail for CIV. It was six or eight pages (maybe ten) stapled in a booklet. It had a schedule of events in every room, a map of the center, and a description of all the events. I remember going through the schedule to see what events conflicted and making a plan at least a week before the convention. It had a pretty cool chart that you could look at see every event going on at any time throughout the convention. It was REALLY handy for planning out all the events, all weekend long. I think if you bought tickets in advance and had them mailed to you, they sent the schedule then. Otherwise, you could pick them up at the convention.

Does anyone else remember this?

And I guess my real question is why can't they do that? How much is going to change the last week or two before CV? Even if something is added or cancelled, why they can't let you know when you get there?

I guess I'm a little too much of a planning freak, because making a plan on the way there is gonna suck. I'd like to know sooner.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I clearly remember having something IN HAND that I received in the mail for CIV. It was six or eight pages (maybe ten) stapled in a booklet. It had a schedule of events in every room, a map of the center, and a description of all the events.

[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, I'm a planner as well so not knowing anything is causing my OCD to kick into overdrive. But I do not remember anything being sent to me with my CIV passes except, well, the passes.

Reaction score

JediMasterScully said:
I clearly remember having something IN HAND that I received in the mail for CIV. It was six or eight pages (maybe ten) stapled in a booklet. It had a schedule of events in every room, a map of the center, and a description of all the events.
I feel your pain, I'm a planner as well so not knowing anything is causing my OCD to kick into overdrive. But I do not remember anything being sent to me with my CIV passes except, well, the passes.

[/QUOTE]
I think the guide you're describing is the black-and-white booklet given to all attendees for free as we went into the convention center. I don't think I got it with the tickets, but I'm not really sure.

Reaction score

I haven't seen anything about this yet, but does anyone know if they are going to have SW in 30 minutes again? I miss this every time I go and I would like to try to catch it this C if they are going to show it again.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
JediMasterScully said:
I think the guide you're describing is the black-and-white booklet given to all attendees for free as we went into the convention center. I don't think I got it with the tickets, but I'm not really sure.

[/QUOTE]

HA! THAT'S IT!! I'VE FOUND IT!!!

No, really. I did find it. I went digging through a 22 gallon tub of fan club paperwork, magazines, etc. collected over the years. And I found it.

It is the "Insider's Guide to Celebration IV". It was a 22 page booklet that broke down the events by day, room, and time. It also had the "general schedule" in chart form with events down the left side and times across the top. Made planning a snap! They did give these away at the door, but I'm positive I received one with my tickets for CIV ahead of schedule. It even has a disclaimer on the top that reads "Times, locations, and events may change. Please check onsite schedule & info booth".

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SOUVENIR PROGRAM! Because I found mine from CIV also.

Don't know how Reed has done it in the past. How do they do it for Comic Con? Regardless, I hope they give something with the passes to at least start planning a little.

Don't know what this proves really, other than I am not losing my mind! (as far as I can tell anyway)

Reaction score

Having never been to a Celebrations, I did attend SDCC last year and there was an on-line schedule posting a week before. It really made it convenient. And the map of the exhibitors with their logo displayed was even better. I was able to navigate the convention floor with ease without running amuk.
I hope the same will be done for us.

Reaction score

I'll be upset if there isn't something available ahead of time. I would like something I can read offline or print at least a week in advance.

Reaction score

Vitus said:
I'll be upset if there isn't something available ahead of time. I would like something I can read offline or print at least a week in advance.
This would be the best option for me, printing off something the day before I depart!

Reaction score

Sylvius said:
Vitus said:
This would be the best option for me, printing off something the day before I depart!
I'm sure this will indeed be the case. Relax!

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Sylvius said:
Vitus said:
Well, Rebelscum will definitely have something up by the Saturday before the con. I'm sure there will be something up way before then in terms of schedule as well.

Reaction score

I'm wondering when it comes to paying for items at CV, whether they'll accept US Dollar Travellers cheques as I plan to get some of my currency in TC's as well as cash!

As it's generally a tourist destination, I'm sure they will!

I'll have my card as back up, but that incurs a charge every time I use it for purchases outside of the UK even for the smallest item!

Reaction score

I'm sure hotels and largish restaurants will take traveller's checks. I wouldn't be so sure about the con itself, though. I seriously doubt the expositors will take TCs.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
I'm sure hotels and largish restaurants will take traveller's checks. I wouldn't be so sure about the con itself, though. I seriously doubt the expositors will take TCs.
It's all money in my opinion! It's safer to carry TC's around rather than lots of cash!! LOL

Thanks for answering the question!

Reaction score

Sylvius said:
Jorbex said:
It's all money in my opinion! It's safer to carry TC's around rather than lots of cash!! LOL

Thanks for answering the question!
It's certainly safer, no argument there. I hope there's some way to check if they'll take checks beforehand.

Reaction score

Most hotels and resorts have currency exchanges there, you can check if the place you are staying at offers that by calling or emailing them. That way you can get the TC and just cash them when needed at C5 every morning or when ever. Now if the place you are staying doesn't, you can always go to the local currency exchange and cash them for a small fee sad that it is that they have to charge you for it. Hopefully that will help out .

Reaction score

Has anyone heard who won the cartoon network giveaway??? You would think we would hear who wins these contest.

Reaction score

SOrry if this seems a stupid question.

Does anyone know if photos with the actors is permitted at the desk? I am only used to the UK conventions. I guess it is down to the actor and in this case has anyone seen Hamill and Fisher and know if they let you have a photo with them.

Also do you know if they both generally personalise a photo.

Thanks

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:

Does anyone know if photos with the actors is permitted at the desk? I am only used to the UK conventions. I guess it is down to the actor and in this case has anyone seen Hamill and Fisher and know if they let you have a photo with them.

Thanks
This is completely up to each individual guest. Both Mark and Carrie have allowed this before and they have also not allowed it. Just depends on the line, their mood, etc.

Reaction score

Chris Wyman said:
Idpullthecurtain said:

Thanks
This is completely up to each individual guest. Both Mark and Carrie have allowed this before and they have also not allowed it. Just depends on the line, their mood, etc.
thanks

Reaction score

I saw on the schedule that there will be an entrance for disabled visitors to allow early access. Does anyone know if this will be at a specific entrance or will they have access at all entry points? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score

I would probably email Reed on that question, so you can get the best answer. Other than that would be the best way to go about it, to find out my friend.

Reaction score

havok2272 said:
I saw on the schedule that there will be an entrance for disabled visitors to allow early access. Does anyone know if this will be at a specific entrance or will they have access at all entry points? Thanks for any help.
I wonder what they consider "disabled"? Anyone wanna sit in a wheelchair while I push to get that 1/2 hour headstart? j/k

Reaction score

Alright epsilonjedi, we all think you are funny my friend. But lets not make fun of the disabled, not cool. I have alot of friends in the service that are now disable, I myself have always send donations to the disabled veterns group. Especially since I'm a VET, I gave up six and a half years in the service overseas. So lets try and show a little respect for these fans also, please epsilonjedi. I'm not hating on you, just think you need to think before saying my friend. And I see you at the show.

Reaction score

epsilonjedi said:
havok2272 said:
I wonder what they consider "disabled"? Anyone wanna sit in a wheelchair while I push to get that 1/2 hour headstart? j/k
Wow the master os a--hattery strikes again!! Looking forward to meeting you at the event...good times!

Reaction score

Ross_C said:
epsilonjedi said:
havok2272 said:
Wow the master os a--hattery strikes again!! Looking forward to meeting you at the event...good times!
Wow you guys are way to frackin serious and take everything way to personally and out of context. I wasn't trying to making fun of the disabled I was simply wondering how easy it would be to get in early. Lighten up and quit trying to make me out as some sort of evil internet troll/villan Ross. At least I'm not the one giving demeaning names to people.

Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

My friend would gladly stand and wait in a line if she could, as long as she wasn't next to you.

And thanks clonetrooper10, I did just send Reed an e-mail regarding the matter.