Celebration Orlando: Tips & Tricks

Reaction score
I know its a joke, but I want to warn people about taking a giant backpack. Someone posted on facebook that the question was asked to OCC security about taking an over sized army backpack and they were told it has to be a "standard size" backpack.

Apparently there will be a lot less room for the queue line than there was in Anaheim and they are cracking down on what they will allow in.

I would hate for people to get turned away because of what they brought with them.
How does one join these Celebration information facebook groups? I think I found the major one but for some reason my request to join is being denied. Are there any other restrictions than 1) fan of Star Wars 2) Going to Celebration 3) Being human?

I'm all 3!

Reaction score
Would be my first time at a Celebration. What are my realistic chances of seeing 40th and TLJ forum if I get there at 5am and don't stay overnight? I just want my trip to be worth the money and hassle.

Reaction score
Would be my first time at a Celebration. What are my realistic chances of seeing 40th and TLJ forum if I get there at 5am and don't stay overnight? I just want my trip to be worth the money and hassle.
I think you'd be a lock for an overflow room and would have a shot at the main room.

Reaction score
there is a large super group, but i dont suggest it. i wont go into why. this is one is good size and full of useful info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/574944386016888/

How does one join these Celebration information facebook groups? I think I found the major one but for some reason my request to join is being denied. Are there any other restrictions than 1) fan of Star Wars 2) Going to Celebration 3) Being human?

I'm all 3!

Reaction score
there is a large super group, but i dont suggest it. i wont go into why. this is one is good size and full of useful info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/574944386016888/
Thanks, I actually found this group earlier, and no I'm still denied joining. I send the request and it's denied (I'm guessing because the option to join shows up again). Resend and same thing happens. At this point I'm starting to wonder what it is about my profile that the admins dislike. I'm trying to avoid any negative thoughts but this is a little ridiculous. I guess private clubs can have their rules. I just hope it's not because me not being American.

ANYWAYS, better things to worry about. Thanks though. Less than a week left!

Reaction score
In the profile section of the Celebration app I put my name , Hank Slaght , then put " ATATDRIVER on RS " on the second line ! Would be cool if more people did it too so we can tell they're Scummers when we read their posts on the interact section of the app ! Shoot me a message on the app if you see me on there !

Reaction score
Camping Chair?

How about a "camping chair" - the kind that folds up? It's still 3 feet long when collapsed, so I'm worried about getting it in as it won't "fit in a backpack"...

Direct from the OCCC management - Security Tip for those doing the "Sleepover"

Only thing you can take into the sleepover are items that will fit INTO your backpack or bag. ie no sleeping bags, camping cots etc. UNLESS they fit IN your bag.

Reaction score
How about a "camping chair" - the kind that folds up? It's still 3 feet long when collapsed, so I'm worried about getting it in as it won't "fit in a backpack"...
Don't think that'll fly. another prob more comfy alternative is the "intex tote n float" pool float, with all the air out, it can be compressed down super tight and wrapped with some string/cord. Makes for a much better cushion than float, imo

Reaction score
Not if they stick to the backpack deal. I have a tripod stool type of chair. It's about 2 feet long. I'll stick it in my backpack and have it poking out the top. Hopefully that works.

Reaction score
Portable battery bank to recharge phones/other devices.

I bought an Anker powercore+ 26800. If I do the sleepover , I'll be set !

Reaction score
I bought an Anker powercore+ 26800. If I do the sleepover , I'll be set !
I have the Anker 21100 and it's amazing. It is truly an anchor but it does the job. I can charge both my phone and tablet from 0 to 100 at least 4 times each with it. The biggest downside is that it takes 2 days to fully charge from zero. Charge it every night and you should be good to go.

Reaction score
I have the Anker 21100 and it's amazing. It is truly an anchor but it does the job. I can charge both my phone and tablet from 0 to 100 at least 4 times each with it. The biggest downside is that it takes 2 days to fully charge from zero. Charge it every night and you should be good to go.
Yeah , the one I got has the new Qualcomm QC 3.0 and USB 3.0. It's supposed to fully charge in 9 hours tops. We'll see. Should definitely power all my stuff though !