Celebration Orlando: Tips & Tricks

Reaction score
i just use a 1" 3 ring binder and picture safe sleeves. the photos fit in them just fine. i kept all my paper swag, ticket printouts, hotel print out, pics, sigs plaques, etc etc. all neat and tidy. whats nice, at home you can put it on a book stand and flip through the pages :D

Reaction score
I saw some people at Celebration Anaaheim with this. http://https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Backpack-Stool-Combo-Pack/dp/B000KZFJE2 I bought myself one as soon as I got back. I always have a bag with me and this kills 2 birds with one stone.
Groove,

How does the backpack feel carrying it around on your back? Like all day? Comfortable?

This foldable chair (holds up to 330 lbs) is what I am using for myself, but this might work for my daughter
https://www.amazon.com/Sunyear-Innovative-Foldable-Stuck-slip-proof-Headrest/dp/B01E5WTVU8/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AH1HREP981BGNJ8VWVD6

Reaction score
I carried a backpack all four days. Had various items, water, snacks, poster tube, and etc. It was comfortable for me...but then I've carried much heavier backpacks/rucksacks (Army). I should have bought a portable chair though for the long lines. I will be ready in April...did not get lucky to snag a VIP ticket..so long lines it will be. It is all part of the experience though. You get to meet some fairly cool people....and some real buggers too.

Groove,

How does the backpack feel carrying it around on your back? Like all day? Comfortable?

This foldable chair (holds up to 330 lbs) is what I am using for myself, but this might work for my daughter
https://www.amazon.com/Sunyear-Innovative-Foldable-Stuck-slip-proof-Headrest/dp/B01E5WTVU8/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AH1HREP981BGNJ8VWVD6

Reaction score
Groove,

It's not as comfortable as a standard backpack. The chair bars are a little extra weight and make it more rigid that a standard pack. Any backpack is uncomfortable for a long period of time though. If you are using the seat often enough that means less time on your back.

Reaction score
Thanks all. I ended up getting a couple walk stool basics and a collapsible poster tube. The backpack chair looks good but I'm not so sure about the comfort walking around with a metal frame against me all day.

Jez

Reaction score
I've attended the last 3 Celebrations, so for those planning on going to your first; i'm so excited for you! They are all different but they are all excellent.
At Anaheim there were abandoned chairs, inflatables and sleeping mats everywhere in the overnight holding area. I arrived at about 4am and there was certainly no sign of anyone asleep. Too much hype, anticipation, excitement and chatter.

Most of the top tips have already been mentioned.
I feel that i'd also extend personal hygiene to the list, it's not very nice being in a queue all day/night to end up being sat next to/near someone who has a B/O problem. There shouldn't be any excuse for people stinking but unfortunately there will always be a few.

Always a good idea to put a few head aches tablets in your bag. If not for you, you are bound to find someone who needs them due to; fatigue, dehydration etc. You can be their saviour.

To reiterate decent Foot wear, i went to one with a guy who wore sandals for 4 days, after 3 his foot was swollen and he pretty much went 'man down'.

Enjoy

Reaction score
overnight no, OCCC does not allow overnight stays on their property. being there as soon as the allowed line up time starts......most likely.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
It seems that this rule is to prevent people camping OUTSIDE, if we stay INSIDE the OCCC we should be fine.
Yeah, I have to think something is going to work itself out. First of all, I think Lucasfilm likes the publicity of the over night line, but it could be a logistical nightmare if the line started at like 6 am and you had 5,000 people showing up at the same time for 2,000 spots.

Reaction score
overnight no, OCCC does not allow overnight stays on their property. being there as soon as the allowed line up time starts......most likely.
that would be a bit more do able for me, I'm going with my mom and i don't think she'd like to wait over night, i could by self if i wanted too, but if i found someone to wait with, then it wouldn't be so bad. can't image how tried one one be throw out the day then XD

Reaction score
i just use a 1" 3 ring binder and picture safe sleeves. the photos fit in them just fine. i kept all my paper swag, ticket printouts, hotel print out, pics, sigs plaques, etc etc. all neat and tidy. whats nice, at home you can put it on a book stand and flip through the pages :D

Nice tip. Thanks

Reaction score
So does anyone know if you're going to be there in line for the panel & you're driving where to park your car? I keep hearing there's no overnight parking, and also which of the 3 parking lots is closer to the convention center.

Reaction score
PARKING UPDATE from OCCC Staff Parking Department
"Due to the amount of anticipated people for the early show, the WED/THURS Overnight Parking violations are going to be waved. WEST (closer/smaller) and NORTH (furthest/largest) Lots will be open for the convention"
He mentioned some info that Line Up times/location are still being tweaked.
More to come as info rolls in from them. thx Stefan Hurst for staying on top of this.

Show entrances are E/F which is the furthest to the WEST, so that should help.

So does anyone know if you're going to be there in line for the panel & you're driving where to park your car? I keep hearing there's no overnight parking, and also which of the 3 parking lots is closer to the convention center.

Reaction score
its been confirmed there are, but just not sure when/where yet. another member posted a week or so ago on the FB group that they agreed to let folks in at 530am to the actual building

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the update. That was the only thing that has been worrying me night and day.

Reaction score
I wrote this up for reddit, so I figured it's worth a cross-post here for people who are unfamiliar with the concept of wristbands and how they work for Star Wars Celebration.

So, you're pumped up and are excited to attend the biggest Star Wars celebration event in the country. But how do you get to see those big panels? What are the procedures?

First of all, don't panic! Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about basic procedures. If you want to attend any of the panels at the Celebration Stage or the Galaxy Stage (aka, the big ones), you need a wristband to attend.

"Well, how do I get a wristband?"

Starting at 6AM and until they run out, there will be individually labeled "chutes" (or queues, or snaking lines depending on your vernacular) in Halls D/E which are on the 2nd floor of the convention center. Each chute will represent a panel, so on Thursday you'll see a line for the "Star Wars 40th Anniversary Panel", a line for the Dave Filoni panel, a line for the Billy Dee Williams Panel, etc. Here is the map from the Celebration Europe Queue Hall from last year as an example.

You'll see the panel queues on the left, which is where you get your wristbands. On the right are the exhibit hall chutes, which is to get into the show that day. But we'll get to those later.

Get in a panel queue line, and hope they don't run out before you get to the front and get your wristband. There will also big a nice big digital LED display showing current status of each panel. Here's an example of the wristband status signage from Celebration Europe:

That way you know if you're already too late for something or if it's worth getting into line for a panel.

"How many wristbands are there?"

Here are the capacities for each stage:

Galaxy Stage - 3389 (Officially 3789, but I'm assuming around 400 will be reserved for celebrities/VIPs)

Celebration Stage - 2643

Behind the Scenes Stage - 1621 (This wristbands for the big 3 panels only)

For the three big panels (SW40, TLJ, Rebels S4), the Galaxy Stage will be where the presentation is actually taking place. They are also being streamed to the Celebration Stage and the Behind the Scenes Stage for overflow.

This gives an approximate total of 7653. So the closer you are to the front of the chute, the more likely you'll be able to get into the Galaxy Stage for that presentation.

"I really want to make sure I get into X presentation, how do I do that?"

If you really want to guarantee entry to a certain panel, they are letting people sleep in the building overnight both Wednesday 4/12 and Thursday 4/13. The hall will be open from 8pm-12am letting people come in and get in line. After 12am, the doors are locked until 5AM when people will be allowed to enter and join the chutes.

In my opinion, if you stay overnight, I'm fairly willing to bet you'll get a Galaxy Stage wristband. Star Wars fans are crazy, but it's hard to imagine 3400 sleeping overnight in the OCCC. If you arrive at 5AM and get in line, I'm also fairly certain you'll at least get an overflow room, with a decent chance for the early arrivals to get Galaxy Stage.

For Saturday and Sunday, there are no sleepovers so it's arrive by 5AM, and get in the chutes you want.

"I got a wristband, now what?"

You are limited to two wristbands per day, so I'd recommend getting into another chute now and get that second wristband. Read over the Galaxy/Celebration schedules now and plan in advance which second panel interests you the most.

After you've gotten your second wristband you have two choices. You are now guaranteed a seat at the panel of your wristband, but you haven't entered the show yet. You could go to your hotel and take a nap, shower up and eat breakfast, come back at 10am when the doors open. Or, you can now move to the show entrance queue. Inside the hall, separate from the panel chutes will be the line to get into the show itself. The sooner you get into that line, the larger amount of choice you will have for a seat for that panel when you are let in.

Reaction score
I see a problem here:
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Panels-Screenings/#search=rpp=12&d=101730|152_259514

April 16, 2017, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Celebration Stage - Chapin Theater, 3rd Floor
Spend an hour with the Jedi Master himself, Mark Hamill!

April 16, 2017, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Celebration Stage - Chapin Theater, 3rd Floor
Warwick Davis and some very famous droids take to the Celebration Stage to reveal what goes into creating the nuts and bolts…and the heart and soul…of some of ...

They appear to have double-booked the stage

Reaction score
I see a problem here:
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Panels-Screenings/#search=rpp=12&d=101730|152_259514

Spend an hour with the Jedi Master himself, Mark Hamill!

Warwick Davis and some very famous droids take to the Celebration Stage to reveal what goes into creating the nuts and bolts…and the heart and soul…of some of ...

They appear to have double-booked the stage

Mark is at 1

Reaction score
Don't listen to the news it's all a scam. Zika, Ebola, Bird flu...please.
Too early anyway. If it is a concern this year then that will be closer to and into the Summer and early Fall (which we call Summer part 2). The State has already started procedures to attack the problem this year. Last year the problem wasn't known until after breeding season.

Reaction score
Anybody actually planning on doing the "sleepover " thing ? Seems like you wouldn't be able to sleep worth a crap. Then you're supposed to enjoy walking around looking at stuff while you feel like a complete zombie ? ! Idk.

Reaction score
Anybody actually planning on doing the "sleepover " thing ? Seems like you wouldn't be able to sleep worth a crap. Then you're supposed to enjoy walking around looking at stuff while you feel like a complete zombie ? ! Idk.
I would be if I didn't have a VIP. I've seen a lot of people online who are planning to.

Reaction score
I'm sure adrenaline will keep some people going the day after the sleepover, but I'm too old for that stuff. I'd rather get a good night's sleep and get up early and try to get a wristband. If that doesn't work, an overflow room will suffice.

Reaction score
Direct from the OCCC management - Security Tip for those doing the "Sleepover"

Only thing you can take into the sleepover are items that will fit INTO your backpack or bag. ie no sleeping bags, camping cots etc. UNLESS they fit IN your bag.

Reaction score
Direct from the OCCC management - Security Tip for those doing the "Sleepover"

Only thing you can take into the sleepover are items that will fit INTO your backpack or bag. ie no sleeping bags, camping cots etc. UNLESS they fit IN your bag.
I'm ready! :p

Reaction score
I'm sure adrenaline will keep some people going the day after the sleepover, but I'm too old for that stuff. I'd rather get a good night's sleep and get up early and try to get a wristband. If that doesn't work, an overflow room will suffice.
Im thinking the same thing. If I miss a panel , it'll be on YouTube anyway.

Reaction score
I know its a joke, but I want to warn people about taking a giant backpack. Someone posted on facebook that the question was asked to OCC security about taking an over sized army backpack and they were told it has to be a "standard size" backpack.

Apparently there will be a lot less room for the queue line than there was in Anaheim and they are cracking down on what they will allow in.

I would hate for people to get turned away because of what they brought with them.