Celebration Orlando: Swag

Reaction score
who does have enough for 800 people? thats not the point to give something to everyone.
Agreed. Plus these things should be everyone not just trade I thought.

I want fans to enjoy my small contribution and remember the experience and hopefully make new friends.

Reaction score
2019 panel, past, present and future of swag? :D

it is and will always be meant for free handout for me. ill trade if someone hunts me down.

Reaction score
of course, Mike_Z

find me in the collector's area or at the Archive party. Love your fett button

Reaction score
If you mean the SWAG CREW Badge Buddies, those are all given out. Brett on the SWCO SWAG Facebook group was doing those but they have all been given out.
DarthDav,

love all the different swag items you are bringing - hopefully can find you when you still have some of them on you!

Reaction score
This is going to be a very unpopular post, but I have to roll my eyes when I see the "free swag handed out to everyone" posts. We all know that at every celebration there are patch sets we all want. And those clubs that make them don't freely pass out all that they have, some are given out at lottery or by lining up at a certain time, most are traded for other pieces of swag. And people that say "patches are their own thing" no, thats an excuse. There are around 100 unique patches at this celebration, you should not expect to walk up to these guys and get what you feel is deserved. I tried that at Anaheim and got roundly rejected.

If you made 200 buttons for $60 and you want to pass them out to anyone then that is great, awesome, I think thats really nice of you. If you made 100 patches for $300 and you only really want to swap them then fine! I totally respect that because you put a ton of time and energy into a really cool collectible.

People here trying to pre-shame other people is insane! This has largely been a very niche group of super collectors who make really amazing things. Now theres a facebook group with people stealing artwork to make a pin in 5 minutes. The whole thing has changed, there is some swag Id like, and Id rather trade a piece of swag to the other person who made it than go up to him with my hand out.

And just to clarify because the anonymity of the internet makes judging me easy, I made a ton of swag that I am handing out for free with no expectation of getting anything in return. And there are some swag items Ive seen that Id desperately like, but I know I won't get. I'm just not going to judge others because of it.

Reaction score
Sounds like you are not into SWAG (Stuff We All Get/Give)but more in to SWAT (Stuff We All Trade). Nothing wrong with that. It's your stuff!

This is going to be a very unpopular post, but I have to roll my eyes when I see the "free swag handed out to everyone" posts. We all know that at every celebration there are patch sets we all want. And those clubs that make them don't freely pass out all that they have, some are given out at lottery or by lining up at a certain time, most are traded for other pieces of swag. And people that say "patches are their own thing" no, thats an excuse. There are around 100 unique patches at this celebration, you should not expect to walk up to these guys and get what you feel is deserved. I tried that at Anaheim and got roundly rejected.

If you made 200 buttons for $60 and you want to pass them out to anyone then that is great, awesome, I think thats really nice of you. If you made 100 patches for $300 and you only really want to swap them then fine! I totally respect that because you put a ton of time and energy into a really cool collectible.

People here trying to pre-shame other people is insane! This has largely been a very niche group of super collectors who make really amazing things. Now theres a facebook group with people stealing artwork to make a pin in 5 minutes. The whole thing has changed, there is some swag Id like, and Id rather trade a piece of swag to the other person who made it than go up to him with my hand out.

And just to clarify because the anonymity of the internet makes judging me easy, I made a ton of swag that I am handing out for free with no expectation of getting anything in return. And there are some swag items Ive seen that Id desperately like, but I know I won't get. I'm just not going to judge others because of it.

Reaction score
%5BURL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Babylon451/media/IMG_7108_zpsiqpdum83.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/Babylon451/IMG_7108_zpsiqpdum83.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

%5BURL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Babylon451/media/IMG_7107_zpsm1qgakc0.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/Babylon451/IMG_7107_zpsm1qgakc0.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Postcards are here! Ordered additional so should have 80 of each

Reaction score

I think the passing of and trading adds to the celebration. I think the swag will def get better come next SWC. I def went overboard on my spending here(2k). I'm not looking just to collect stuff, for the sake of taking something SW home that I don't think is really, really nice, I'm not into collecting buttons or patch. Of the "swag" i have seen i can count on 1 hand things that i really like. That being said, I roll my eyes at the "ton of time and energy into a really cool collectable..I didn't realize they were personally hand stiching the patches. Im not saying thought ,time, and energy hasn't gone into it, but for some insight, patch and pin companies help turn ideas or images into product. It can be a full blown drawing or a napkin sketch, or images and and idea given them so they can see where one wants to go with it.. And for the "stealing art", unless some1 has a license, every1 is in violation, doesn't matter if your selling, giving or trading. Unlicensed fan art is some of the coolest most unique stuff imo. If you look at websites like society 6 and such, theres a lot of infringement on that site thats supplied by artist. You ask these artist what sells the most, its probably their fan art, as it help give them a platform and some recognition. Is it right,well thats a whole other debate, about ethics and laws, etc. One last example, The Firefly hat ordeal. Fans create something that when the show sees how much $ its making, then decide to license it.. without the fan creating that hat, they were clueless on the the merchandising of it. No disrespect to any1 here. On that note, I fly to orlando in 4 days!!!! first SWC for me.

Reaction score
Last 2 items, these are LE numbered to 100, the pics don't show it because these photos are of "extras" that were given with the order.

Reaction score
That Land Speeder pin is fan-freaking-tastic. I would love to track you down somehow! Like you, I went overboard on the SWAG this year (although not the 2k you did!). I just love giving stuff out and don't have a big list of wants. Yours is one of the 4 or 5 pieces I would love though.

Hope to see you there! I am sure you will have a blast at your first Celebration.

Last 2 items, these are LE numbered to 100, the pics don't show it because these photos are of "extras" that were given with the order.

Reaction score
Those pins look great! With my two Funko themed buttons I'll def be in the Funko line waiting for the 2pm frenzy on Thursday, so if you haven't grabbed me then that's where I'll be.

Reaction score
With my two Funko themed buttons I'll def be in the Funko line waiting for the 2pm frenzy on Thursday, so if you haven't grabbed me then that's where I'll be.

Nice...I think Thursday will definitely be the best day at a shot at them without a lottery ticket. I'm kinda hopeless since I won't even make it till Friday. But if anything the retail versions will be fine with me. Hope to at least score the Hasbro exclusive though!

Reaction score
Nice...I think Thursday will definitely be the best day at a shot at them without a lottery ticket. I'm kinda hopeless since I won't even make it till Friday. But if anything the retail versions will be fine with me. Hope to at least score the Hasbro exclusive though!
Still going Saturday Seize? I'll save ya a set of buttons!

Reaction score
I got skunked on the funko lotto, my son was lucky, he's in @ 1015 thurs. I have my fingers crossed for the lego lotto now. We will be in the collectors social room around 6 on Thurs.

Reaction score
Still going Saturday Seize? I'll save ya a set of buttons!

I'll be there Friday! possibly even late Thursday if we decide to pull the whole sleep in line overnight thing. This being my first time after all these years I'm really considering it lol.

Reaction score
I'll see you late Thursday then. Im doing the sleepover that night too. I think the Last jedi panel will be awesome! We get better get a trailer!

Reaction score
If anyone gets Gunship patch pieces they don't want I'll gladly trade any extra patch pieces I get of the collectors clubs.

Reaction score

We did a tribute to the early bird certificate this year. You will have to visit us at booth 1312 daily to get each of the pins and a backing card. Chewie on Thursday, Leia on Friday, Luke on Saturday and R2 on Sunday.

Reaction score
Billy those are awesome! I'll be there.

Here's my sticker swag for trades and handouts. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Reaction score
All in on this one! Love it!

We did a tribute to the early bird certificate this year. You will have to visit us at booth 1312 daily to get each of the pins and a backing card. Chewie on Thursday, Leia on Friday, Luke on Saturday and R2 on Sunday.

Reaction score
Here is the celebration patch set I am in, find us around all weekend for trades. All the members in the set will be at the

Reaction score
my post got cut off, it should end you can find us all at the archive party. Also, the first 30 who complete an entire set get something extra

Reaction score
Brought some Swag with me this morning to Hollywood Studios. Wearing a grey Funko deathstar shirt and a FSU ball cap.

Reaction score
Got a Ton of swag today! Completed the Line Force patch set or so I thought! Missing a piece. That line gunship patch set will be available to chase tomorrow!

Reaction score
I dropped off 2 boxes of magnets at the rebel scum booth. I couldn't carry them around anymore. It was like walking around with 2 bricks. I'll be in front of the collectors social room, probably by the banister looking to the floors below at 330-4 tomorrow. Just look for me in a pyscadellic hat with pins all over it.

Reaction score
A tone going after patch sets? I got a good jump on the Gunship patch set as I got 2. I'll need help with the Ginship! Finished the Line Force Holocron set and got their Thrawn Patch. Grabbed 3 of the 6 Collectors club Bday cake set. Also want to look into the one that looks like the C3PO vintage case. anybody grab a Day 2 Singalore patch they don't want? Also got a ton of various pins from trading.

Reaction score
traded a bunch at the collectors social room today and i will be there tomorrow as well